Marcel Dareus As A 3-4 DE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcel Dareus As A 3-4 DE?

Or is he too short. He'd probably fall to the patsies first pick about 12-15 or so.
    "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Well, he plays 3-4 DE in college, so pop in a tape. I think it shows he can play it in the NFL pretty darn well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

If he's 6-3 he'll be a tough sell to BB in NE's schemes. There has been posts saying that the 6-3 listing is even generous. That's just not a size fit for the two gap 5 tech and if there's one thing BB seems to stick to, it's the size requirement cheat sheet.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

If i were New England and he were there in the middle of the first (Oakland pick) i'd take him and worry about where to play him later. I'd play him at end and move him inside on passing downs if and when they went to 4 down linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
          Well, he plays 3-4 DE in college, so pop in a tape. I think it shows he can play it in the NFL pretty darn well.
          ....LOL@@!!

QFT.

Comment

6'3" is plenty of big enough if a guy has long arms or if he he can hold double teams well and play the two gap. I think the majority of 3-4 DEs are only 6'3" or 6'4". It's nice to find a 6'5" or 6'6" guy who is 290-320 lbs. but they aren't too common. I think Dareus has proved that he can play in a 1 gap or 2 gap scheme at Alabama.

Comment

good 3-4 DE? try great 3-4 DE

Comment

I'd rather use him in a 3-4 than a 4-3 to be honest.

Comment

Cullen Jenkins is 6'2 and, right now, he's a top 3 DE in the 3-4 scheme

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    6'3" is plenty of big enough if a guy has long arms or if he he can hold double teams well and play the two gap. I think the majority of 3-4 DEs are only 6'3" or 6'4". It's nice to find a 6'5" or 6'6" guy who is 290-320 lbs. but they aren't too common. I think Dareus has proved that he can play in a 1 gap or 2 gap scheme at Alabama.
                    I actually think that the majority of 5-techs are shorter than that. But the majority of 5-techs don't play in NE. Belichick's scheme is different from what other 3-4 teams do, and they look for different things in players. So while Dareus might be a great fit for most 3-4 teams it's far from certain that BB will view him the same way.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                      As much as I like Saban and what he's doing in 'Bama, no college 3-4 can properly simulate what it's like to play in a pro 3-4.

That said, I buy Dareus more as a 3-4 DE now than I did a few months ago. I do agree that he's short for the position, but I believe he can be a Luis Castillo type who maybe stays healthy.

I still think the best 3-4 DL in this draft is Heyward.

Comment

I think Dareus is a better 3-4 DE prospect than a 4-3 DT prospect.

Comment

Dude played lights out today. Hats off to him for securing himself as a top 10 pick, barring an absolutely horrific interview, an arrest, or a poor combine showing (with the latter being the least likely to happen, since he may have character/laziness issues)

I think Denver now has to start considering him (but not necessarily penciling him in) over Peterson at #2, DE is a more pressing need than corner, and I think that value is no longer an issue there.

Comment

I don't even see how this is a question. Its his best fit.

Comment

I think he's shorter than listed and not a pure pass rusher at the next level. I like him but i wouldnt take him in the top 10, i'd wait on a 3-4 DE.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information