Kellen Moore vs. Chad Pennington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellen Moore vs. Chad Pennington

I was wondering what everybody's thoughts are on Moore as an NFL QB prospect. What is the difference between him and Pennington when he came out?

Moore, like Chad, lacks zip on his passes, especially to the outside, but have great accuracy, touch down the field, smarts, leadership, etc.

What made Pennington a first rounder, but Moore an expected 3rd day guy?

About four inches, forty pounds, and a significantly stronger arm.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

People really underestimate Pennington's accuracy and decision making.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

plus most people only remember Pennington have his shoulder had been torn to shreds, that Pennington wouldn't have went in the 1st prob not 2nd or 3rd either

Comment

People really underestimate Pennington's arm strength as a prospect. Yes he has a noodle arm now but he actually had a MUCH stronger arm coming out. All his shoulder surgeries are what took him from having 'good' arm strength to 'below average.' As a prospect, his arm wasn't any worst than a Mark Sanchez and was probably stronger than guys like John Beck, Matt Leinart, and Colt McCoy who are recent higher draft picks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
            People really underestimate Pennington's arm strength as a prospect. Yes he has a noodle arm now but he actually had a MUCH stronger arm coming out. All his shoulder surgeries are what took him from having 'good' arm strength to 'below average.' As a prospect, his arm wasn't any worst than a Mark Sanchez and was probably stronger than guys like John Beck, Matt Leinart, and Colt McCoy who are recent higher draft picks.
            Really? IDK about that.

Originally posted by borg9
            Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

This comparison is an insult to Pennington I'm sorry to say.

I will be absolutely shocked if Kellen Moore is drafted. He's a smaller, weaker armed Ken Dorsey, and that is being generous. With his arm strength, he might struggle to hold up a clipboard.

Comment

Arm strength and velocity are distinct from one another. Matt Hasselbeck has a weak arm but terrific velocity, same with Marc Bulger in his hey day or Fitzpatrick. Kellen Moore has enough velocity imo and looks very similar to Jeff Garcia.

Originally posted by borg9
                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                  Arm strength and velocity are distinct from one another. Matt Hasselbeck has a weak arm but terrific velocity, same with Marc Bulger in his hey day or Fitzpatrick. Kellen Moore has enough velocity imo and looks very similar to Jeff Garcia.
                  Almost all of his passes that travel more than 10 yards float in. If he gets to the NFL where defenders are faster and windows close in split seconds, he will struggle badly.

His best chance to make it in the pros is to learn to coach. And this is from a guy who loves him some Boise State.

Comment

If Ty Detmer can play in the NFL for a period of time, so can Kellen Moore. He'll be a clipboard guy for sure though, everyones third quarterback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

It seems like a pretty safe rule that if a prospect doesn't weigh at least 200lbs he's not going to be a starting QB in the NFL. I can't think of anyone since maybe Flutie to defy that rule, and that was years ago. Being under 200lbs means you're highly unlikely to be big and strong enough to play starting QB.

Comment

I still like Chad Pennington.

Imagine if he wasnt forced to sit behind Vinny T for like three years.

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        I can't think of anyone since maybe Flutie to defy that rule, and that was years ago.
                        Jeff Garcia

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I
                          Jeff Garcia
                          Everywhere I check has Gracia listed at 205. Moore's offcial Boise State bio has him listed at 191.

Comment

Chad Pennington at Marshall had fine arm strength. Ive actually gone back and watched tape of Pennington there because of this exact argument, and people are correct in saying he's was on par with someone like Sanchez.

Kellen Moore has no business being in discussion as an NFL QB IMO.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Moore lacks NFL mechanics. Similar to Josh Heupel. Nice college player but nothing more than an NFL backup.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information