Interview with Miami (FL) DL Allen Bailey

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...len-Bailey.php

Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Awesome, my favourite prospect this year :)
    "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

How do these interviews work? Are they text interviews or Voice? Any chance of you recording them for your blogtalk show hmmmm????
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Allen Bailey is a monster, he could really play any scheme. LDE, UT, 5 tech in a two gap
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I really don't buy this guy...Even his measurables point to him being Gholston 2.0...about the only advantage he has over Gholston is that no one is fooling themselves into thinking he's a 3-4 OLB.

I really hope for his sake that a 4-3 team drafts him...Detroit or something.

6'3/276/4.65 are not he measurables of a 5 tech...I also don't think that if a 3-4 team drafted him they could just plug him in and go.

Comment

he is a freak but at 276 he seems undersized for someone whos being talked as a DT... i hope he bulks up for the combine... right now he looks to be a solid LE

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              I really don't buy this guy...Even his measurables point to him being Gholston 2.0...about the only advantage he has over Gholston is that no one is fooling themselves into thinking he's a 3-4 OLB.

I really hope for his sake that a 4-3 team drafts him...Detroit or something.

6'3/276/4.65 are not he measurables of a 5 tech...I also don't think that if a 3-4 team drafted him they could just plug him in and go.
              Bailey and Gholston are 2 different types of DE. Gholston was a freakish athlete (6'3 265lbs 4.55) while Bailey is a decent athlete w/ decent burst for his size and strength (6'3 285lbs 4.75). Gholston was a 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB prospect, while Bailey is a 4-3 and 3-4 DE prospect and has no business being a 3-4 LB. Bailey wont wow you with stats, but his versatility to play DE at both scheme gives him value. I compare him to Phillip Daniels.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                How do these interviews work? Are they text interviews or Voice? Any chance of you recording them for your blogtalk show hmmmm????
                I record them over the phone.

Don't worry, pretty soon we'll be having at least one prospect guest on the podcast every week.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

At that size (276) you would think as mentioned he would play LE or maybe bulk up a bit (295?) and play inside in the 4-3 where he could use his athleticism as a penetrator. I don't know about the 5 tech. Putting on 30 or so pounds and playing the run may not be as appealing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMorningZoo View Post
                    At that size (276) you would think as mentioned he would play LE or maybe bulk up a bit (295?) and play inside in the 4-3 where he could use his athleticism as a penetrator. I don't know about the 5 tech. Putting on 30 or so pounds and playing the run may not be as appealing for him.
                    I think playing 5-tech is probably more appealing to most than the 3-tech or even 2... Most, I'm sure would rather be at LDE in the 4-3.... which for many defenses is still pretty much a 5-tech.

Comment

I guess he's 276 right now but there is more than enough room to build on that frame and I've already seen him in the mid-280s on other sites. The Eagles were trying Brandon Graham inside early this season, a move I hated but they thought would generate more pass-rush from an undersized yet athletic UT-type. It was a fail and probably hindered his development honestly, but that's the type of player Bailey will be (while mostly playing DE). I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles look long and hard at him if available at that point, because he could do the things they wanted to try to do with Graham.

As far as the interview goes, I wasn't impressed on his part. It almost seems as if he has a disconnection from the game of football. I'm sure someone will pull up some story or other quote from him about how hard he works and wants to improve or something, but all prospects say that somewhere down the line. He just didn't seem to have much to say about other players, failing to even mention another name on any question regarding competition or comparisons. He lists his power and speed as his strengths, but technique and getting off blocks as his weaknesses. Not that he's supposed to lie, and plenty size/speed guys with bad technique can develop into players, but basically labeling yourself as a workout guy and not doing much else in the interview to add optimism isn't a good sign. When he was talking about having trouble against the Virginia tackle, he almost attributed the line's success as a whole to the players being big, "like 6'8".

He's going to put up great numbers and be a lock for the top 25 but I'm not sure that without a lot of polish and coaching he'll be that great of a pro.
                      Last edited by GaMeTiMe; 12-22-2010, 02:56 PM.
                      Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

People looking at what he said his weight was, remember he said he had 8% body fat as well. Thats visible, definable abs on a 276 pound man. This guy will never weigh less than 270 pounds and would be in better shape than any other guy his size in the league. He could easily get into the 290s and still be one of the leaner guys at his position, especially if you're having him play the end in a 3-4 or tackle in a 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                          I record them over the phone.

Don't worry, pretty soon we'll be having at least one prospect guest on the podcast every week.
                          Can you give us a list of prospects on your interview list to look forward to.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                          Newton
                          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                          Barely literate +5 swagger
                          Thief +15 swagger
                          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                          Big, average speed -3 swagger
                          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                          Total Swagger: 62
                          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Hes a Ravens fan? Destiny. lol

Comment

I guess a song people wouldn’t expect to be on my iPod is “How to Save a Life” by The Fray. Also, “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon.
                              And I thought all Miami players refused to listen to any song with less than 250 curse words.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information