1st Round Shockers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Round Shockers...

What do we all think might happen in the 2011 1st rd that shocks the masses? Like Tyson Alualu in the top 10 or the Texans reaching on Duane Brown in 2008. Here are a few...

*Jake Locker going a lot higher than his critics predict.

*Cam Newton dropping a lot further than his admirers predict.

*edit: nevermind lol

*Pat Devlin going late 1st due to a Pats trade-down, which ya know is coming.

*Jabaal Sheard goes 1st round.

There's a few ideas that would shock people...but could happen.
    Last edited by JPP90; 12-28-2010, 12:16 AM.

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
    *WV CB Brandon Hogan in the 1st round.
    The same guy with major character questions and a recently torn ACL?
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
      The same guy with major character questions and a recently torn ACL?
      The character questions could have been over-looked by the right team but I hadn't heard about the ACL. That sucks for him. Since he can't workout before the draft obviously he's an UDFA. Hope the Giants steal him.

Comment

What do we all think might happen in the 2011 1st rd that shocks the masses? Like Tyson Alualu in the top 10 or the Texans reaching on Duane Brown in 2008. Here are a few...
        A.J. Green #1 overall pick

Dallas takes a DL

On a limb here Locker is the #1 QB taken if he out does Newton in workouts

Detroit goes BPA

Kenny Tate Mid 1st Round pick, first Safety off the board(IF stock soars Dallas is the spot for him)

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

This might be another year we see a team reach significantly for an OT prospect.

Not a very impressive class this year for this position (even if top underclassmen declare) imo and there is ALWAYS a big demand.

I don't see a single OT prospect that is worth being picked in the top 10, but it could happen.
          Last edited by MaxV; 12-28-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            This might be another year we see a team reach significantly for an OT prospect.

Not a very impressive class this year for this position (even if top underclassmen declare) imo and there is ALWAYS a big demand.

I don't see a single OT prospect that is worth being picked in the top 10, but it could happen.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
            BK sig is straight sex
            THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
            Baltimore Ravens
            Cleveland Cavaliers
            Cleveland Indians
            Chelsea FC
            Originally posted by keylime_5
            Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

I could also see the possibility of no DE prospects going in the top 10 in favor of more QB's or as MaxV stated, a reach on an OT

BK sig is straight sex
              Baltimore Ravens
              Cleveland Cavaliers
              Cleveland Indians
              Chelsea FC

Comment

Dallas drafts a QB....

Comment

Ok.....Why are the Pats going Quarterback in the 1st Round? They are a team that typically does things their own way, but why a 1st Round QB of all things?

Is Tom Brady slowing down? Has he had an injury prone career? Could the Patriots not use the help on defense?

I think some people are going to be a little surprised when Pat Devlin is still on the board in the 4th Round. Even if Locker/Mallett were available in the mid-late 1st I don't see why New England would go that direction; but Pat Devlin going that high is a little crazy. If you look at the QBs that have snuck into the 1st in the past decade none of them have Pat Devlin's look (average NFL size, average athleticism, average arm, FCS competition.) I just don't know where people are getting the impression that he's special. He was far from from special at Penn State, where Daryll Clark beat him out for a job, and he's far from Joe Flacco's level while at Delaware. He'll get his shot in the NFL but I don't believe any team will think to pull the trigger as high as the draft's first 50 picks.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

edit - misread, didn't realize you were talking to the other guy
                    Last edited by Sloopy; 12-28-2010, 12:15 PM.

BK sig is straight sex
                    Baltimore Ravens
                    Cleveland Cavaliers
                    Cleveland Indians
                    Chelsea FC

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                      Ok.....Why are the Pats going Quarterback in the 1st Round? They are a team that typically does things their own way, but why a 1st Round QB of all things?

Is Tom Brady slowing down? Has he had an injury prone career? Could the Patriots not use the help on defense?
                      Pretty sure he meant the Pats would trade out of the first and whoever is coming into their spot will be the one taking the QB...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                        Pretty sure he meant the Pats would trade out of the first and whoever is coming into their spot will be the one taking the QB...
                        Ding ding ding lol wow...thought that was obvious when I said "when the Pats trade down". Unreal.

Btw Pudge..read the title.."shockers". This is for thinking outside the realm of popular opinion so don't get on and bash peoples posts. QB to NE 1st rd would have been nuts, true, but post your own ideas rather than going off on other people.

Comment

I don't know if Devlin was beat out by Clark at Penn State as much as he was a victim of Seniority.

Devlin's biggest highlight at Penn State came when he threw a deep garbage-time TD pass to Deon Butler against MSU, which pissed Dantonio off a bit.

Controversy aside, that was a very nice throw.
                          Last edited by MaxV; 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                            I don't know if Devlin was beat out by Clark at Penn State as much as he was a victim of Seniority.
                            He had to come in and save them that one year vs. Ohio State. I never understood how Clark kept starting because Devlin always looked good when he came in and played and Clark was so damn erratic. Its Penn State...they love those athletes playing QB and did their best this year handing Bolden Jr. a job he didn't deserve.

Comment

He had to come in and save them that one year vs. Ohio State. I never understood how Clark kept starting because Devlin always looked good when he came in and played and Clark was so damn erratic. Its Penn State...they love those athletes playing QB and did their best this year handing Bolden Jr. a job he didn't deserve.
                              Urban myth. He didn't save them against OSU. Didn't complete a pass. Drew a defensive pass interference call on OSU and scored on a 1yd qb sneak. Devlin should have stayed at PSU and he'd have had a good receiving corp to work with this past year. Clark was a good college qb. Not great. Just good. Devlin bailed on the program and PSU paid for it this year.

My biggest surprise is M. Leshure going before Mark Ingram.

http://bwi.rivals.com/boxscore.asp?G...27&Team=PENNST

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information