How Many Blue Chip Prospects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Blue Chip Prospects?

How many blue chip prospects do you guys think are in this draft? Who are they? I know not everyone has declared yet but aside from Luck are there any blue chip prospects that are on the fence?

well if you talk about blue chip as in what scott rates as Elite, there are a few there.
    1 Andrew Luck
    2 AJ Green
    3 Patrick Peterson
    4 Prince Amukamara

id give all four an elite ranking.
    guys just missing out include Fairley, Bowers, Blackmon

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I think every draft has a dozen or so bluechippers, (we arent talking HOFs i take it).

Luck
      Locker
      Mallett
      Green
      Jones
      Peterson
      Amukamura
      Bowers
      Clayborn
      Fairley
      Kalil
      Kerrigan

Comment

i would add Kenny Tate to that list too. He would be the best pure athlete in the draft. And thats saying alot since Peterson, A,J Green and Julio are in it too. He is in the new mode of Safties can shut down TE,s fast guys like Winslow 2, and Gonzalez, and he can go up for the jump ball with big wideouts like Aj Green, Julio , and Andre Johnson Calvin Johnson. Tate is a 5 tool player.

Comment

The Top 9 prospects in this draft stand out to me. I wouldn't say I use a scale similar to Scott's elite status, but I've got 9 that separate themselves from the rest.

- QB Andrew Luck
          - WR A.J. Green
          - CB Patrick Peterson
          - DE Da'Quan Bowers
          - DT Nick Fairley
          - QB Cameron Newton
          - WR Julio Jones
          - CB Prince Amukamara
          - DE/LB Robert Quinn

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
            The Top 9 prospects in this draft stand out to me. I wouldn't say I use a scale similar to Scott's elite status, but I've got 9 that separate themselves from the rest.

- QB Andrew Luck
            - WR A.J. Green
            - CB Patrick Peterson
            - DE Da'Quan Bowers
            - DT Nick Fairley
            - QB Cameron Newton
            - WR Julio Jones
            - CB Prince Amukamara
            - DE/LB Robert Quinn
            I know you like Newton but you think scouts are going to grade him higher than Locker and Mallett after the whole evaluation process?

Comment

Who are THE best prospects at each position???
              QB-Luck
              RB-Ingram
              WR-AJ Green
              TE-??
              OT-??

I riffing off the top of my head, I'm sure someone else can compile a more complete list.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                Who are THE best prospects at each position???
                QB-Luck
                RB-Ingram
                WR-AJ Green
                TE-?? Kyle Rudloph
                OT-?? Matt Kalil

DE Clayborn
                DT Fairley
                OLB Quinn
                LB M. Foster
                S Peterson
                C Amukamura
                I riffing off the top of my head, I'm sure someone else can compile a more complete list.
                just my take

Comment

To me there are 6 'elite' prospects.

QB Andrew Luck
                  CB Prince Amukamara
                  DE Da'Quan Bowers
                  DT Nick Fairley
                  WR A.J. Green
                  CB Patrick Peterson

Bowers and Fairley just make the grade because I am a little scared about the whole one-year wonder thing but neither have a lot of the negatives that usually accompany guys like that.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                    To me there are 6 'elite' prospects.

QB Andrew Luck
                    CB Prince Amukamara
                    DE Da'Quan Bowers
                    DT Nick Fairley
                    WR A.J. Green
                    CB Patrick Peterson

Bowers and Fairley just make the grade because I am a little scared about the whole one-year wonder thing but neither have a lot of the negatives that usually accompany guys like that.
                    I think if you throw in Robert Quinn then you are on the money. Quinn has the most upside of any defensive player in this draft.

Comment

Yea, I have Quinn as my next guy but that year off scares me enough to not have him at elite at this moment. Talk to me after he works out and then I'll let you know if he's regained that status haha

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        I think if you throw in Robert Quinn then you are on the money. Quinn has the most upside of any defensive player in this draft.
                        I just read an article that indicated Quinn had sub 4.4 speed...this can't be true can it? Here is the link

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...r-off-the-edge

Comment

Honestly I like Quinn more than any defensive player this year. Fairley is going to be a beast, but he also has the potential to just be another Tommie Harris. His greatest strength is his first step quickness off the snap, but he might not be the greatest at the point of attack in the NFL like Suh is. Bowers reminds me of Vernon Gholston in some ways. He gets the sack totals and is unblockable at times, but he disappears during stretches, plus he's only been producing for a year now. I'm not knocking these guys, just being nitpicky, this is a great defensive draft class no question and these guys definitely are "elite" prospects. Quinn had the year off but has off the charts athleticism and had a great year in 2009, and when it's 3 or 4 years down the road from now Quinn's year off in 2010 will be irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by GloryDaysRBack View Post
                            I just read an article that indicated Quinn had sub 4.4 speed...this can't be true can it? Here is the link

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...r-off-the-edge
                            We'll find out soon enough, although I have a hard time believing it.
                            Cowboys Mock:
                            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

I dont see ingram as elite at all...I dont know why there is such a fuss about him, Heisman is all well and good his O-line was very good and he just doesnt strike me as a CJ or AP type player at all. Id rather take a Mendenhall type player at the bottom of round 1 than ingram in top 15.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information