The Centers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Centers

The opinions on this years Center class varies. It seems like C Stefen Wisniewsk is the clear cut #1 prospect and seems to get a late 1st/early 2nd grade. What are people opinions on C Kris O'Dowd? Some have him as a 2nd rounder, then other say not to touch him until the 4th. Is Mike Pouncey still being looked at or should we just keep him as a Guard now? Any underclassmen that need to be looked at? Ohio State Michael Brewster is looked at as maybe the top center next year but could he come out with the recent suspensions that have been handed out? Theres also the thought of maybe Florida State OG Rodney Hudson could be asked to play Center in the NFL because of his size. What round could he be drafted in?

I need some answers!!!!!

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

If Pouncey is iffy as a collegiate center, I can't imagine much of a pro future there.

And count me among those looking at O'Dowd in the 4th round or later. Too many durability red flags for an earlier pick.
    My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

If he checks out healthy, O'Dowd definitely shouldn't fall out of the 2nd round. He has the potential to be a Mangold/Pouncey type of center if he stays healthy. I'd chance on him in the mid-late 2nd round if I needed help there, and I'd definitely take a shot in the 3rd round.

Wisniewski is being overrated a little I think. Good player, but I don't think he has the athleticism of some of the top centers of years past. I wouldn't take him in the first round unless it was at the very, very end of the round and some of my other options fell through.

Rodney Hudson is another to keep an eye on. If he really doesn't check in at only 6'2 280, I wouldn't touch him period except as a ZBS center. Athletic, sure, but I think he'd be dominated by bigger DTs in a traditional o-line. Certainly wouldn't want him at G....

Comment

O'Dowd intrigues me. How do you guys rate him in terms of strength? The Patriots are looking to upgrade at center. Koppen is solid, but not spectacular and every 3-4 NT has their best game against him. That's a fairly large issue given that every team in the AFC East runs a 3-4 too...

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The only time I remember watching O'Dowd in the past 2 years is against Ohio State in the Shoe where he was dominated by Dexter Larimore for 4 quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            O'Dowd intrigues me. How do you guys rate him in terms of strength? The Patriots are looking to upgrade at center. Koppen is solid, but not spectacular and every 3-4 NT has their best game against him. That's a fairly large issue given that every team in the AFC East runs a 3-4 too...
            And the Steelers, and the Ravens sort of, and the Chargers, and now the Chiefs too.....

Basically most of the AFC competitive teams run the 3-4 anymore.

Comment

Yeah. It's an issue that has made Koppen extremely expendable.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

ryan pugh from auburn has started since he was a sophmore and started a game or 2 in his freshman year. 6-4 300. hes athletic and smart. better run blocker than pass blocker. could be a nice pick up in the 6th.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

tim barnes is quite undervalued right now. watch him on tv now.

Comment

I think Justin Boren the OG from Ohio State can move back to C.
                    Last edited by regoob2; 12-29-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I bet Rodney Hudson from FSU could play some center if need be. Just a thought not saying he'd be a top pick at the position.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

my big question about Hudson is why wasn't he moved to center earlier in his career?

Hudson is not the prospect his accolades will lead you to believe, and his lower body worries me, I don't care how good of a technician he is, he will be extremly limited at the next level when it comes to movement... even in the ZBS. I wouldn't touch him before 7th/UDFA

Comment

What about some of the mid round Centers? Any you guys think that you can find some starting potential in the 4th or 5th?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

One guy that people dont really talk about as a C is John Moffitt. He played alot of games as a spot starter at C durring his career at Wisconsin. He could easily make the transition to Center in the NFL if you wanted him to. He'd be the perfect fit for teams that run a power running game like the Chargers, Vikings or the Browns, (TBH i have NO clue who runs a power offense other than the Chargers...lol. These teams just look like they would run it)

Comment

Ryan Bartholomew-Syracuse. Guy is a monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information