Safest Guy in the Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safest Guy in the Draft?

Every year you hear the phrase "the safest pick in the draft" being thrown around. Who is it this year?

I'm thinking Cam Heyward myself, maybe Wisniewski

Not exactly a first round talent, but Lee Ziemba seems like a very safe 2nd to 3rd rounder.

He'll be an average RT at worst.

Comment

That depends on what you mean by safe. Andrew Luck might not be as 'safe' a pick in some ways as some other players, but if he declares it would be a huge risk for a team to pass on him, so I say Luck.

Comment

Thought about Luck, as he does seem a sure thing, but I'm reluctant to call any QB a safe pick

Comment

Agreed on Ziemba, but primarily focused on the first round

Comment

In that case, I would agree with Wisniewski.

Blackmon seems like a safe pick to as well.

Comment

AJ Green. Stud WR and you know what you're getting. I give him the nod over Luck because its lot easier for Green to go out and catch passes than Luck to quarterback a bad team. Both are pretty safe to me but Green is a slam dunk.

Comment

Prince Amukamara

Comment

I don't like this term, because recently when you hear it thrown around that guy ends up being average or sucking. Aaron Curry and Brian Robiske immediately popped into my head. Give me the guys with tremendous potential that need coached up vs the "safe" picks.

I know that wasn't what you asked, but just my random thought about it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I don't like this term, because recently when you hear it thrown around that guy ends up being average or sucking. Aaron Curry and Brian Robiske immediately popped into my head. Give me the guys with tremendous potential that need coached up vs the "safe" picks.

I know that wasn't what you asked, but just my random thought about it.
                    Robiskie has been decent as of late. This is certainly not the path anyone expected him to take in the NFL, but at least he has shown flashes he's not a UFL guy as of late. Hopefully he can build on this for next year.

Comment

It's not safe to pass on a potential franchise changing QB for a stud WR, DB or whatever. AJ Green, for example, just doesn't have the potential to do for an organization what Luck does. Ask Arizona how much a star WR can do without a quality starting QB. AJ Green couldn't prevent UGA from being mediocre the past 2 years. Stanford has had two great years with Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        It's not safe to pass on a potential franchise changing QB for a stud WR, DB or whatever. AJ Green, for example, just doesn't have the potential to do for an organization what Luck does. Ask Arizona how much a star WR can do without a quality starting QB. AJ Green couldn't prevent UGA from being mediocre the past 2 years. Stanford has had two great years with Luck.
                        Yeah that's an urban legend. Ask Oakland about passing on a slam dunk WR for a potential franchise QB. Calvin Johnson's doing a little bit better than Jamarcus Russell now. I'm not saying Green will go first but I think he's the safer pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          You're a Georgia fan. You should know better.

This year Georgia was 1-3 without him and 5-3 with him.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            You're a Georgia fan. You should know better.

This year Georgia was 1-3 without him and 5-3 with him.
                            Stanford was 11-1 with Luck this year, and their only loss came to Oregon.

Comment

For someone who could go in the first round, I'd go Wisniewski.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information