X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Rounder with Highest Bust Potential

Originally posted by Morton View Post
    Da'Quan Bowers.

There's no way he doesn't turn into a Julius Peppers type of player in the NFL.

Da'Quan Bowers. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Have you watched him play?

He's easily one of the best two-three DE prospects of the past five years.

Comment

I wouldn't say "there is no way he doesn't turn into Julius Peppers." That would be crazy. No prospect is a sure things. But Bowers is not even close to having the highest bust potential in the first round. Robert Quinn is higher at the same position. Mallet, Newton (character concerns), and Jake Locker at QB all have higher potential. Justin Blackmon, Nate Solder, Allen Bailey, and Aaron Williams all have much higher bust potential than Bowers. In fact, I'd say Bowers is one of the closest prospects to being can't miss.

Originally posted by SolidGold
      Bortlezzzzzzz
      Originally posted by Monomach
      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

From 07 on, you may be right. I'm unsure if Bowers is dynamic though. He's very good and will be solid, but he won't be a dynamic rack up the stats type of player.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Hes only had 1 great year, so I wouldn't go that far.

Comment

my ranking of bust factored first round prospects:

1. Michael Floyd
            2. Jon Baldwin
            3. Cam Newton
            4. Julio Jones
            5. Ryan Mallett / Jake Locker
            6. Nate Solder

Not to say I dont like some of these prospects because I do actually like quite a few of them but the risk is definitely there with some of these guys more than others.

Comment

Cam Newton

Comment

Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                Cam Newton
                Yes. This.

Comment

I can't see Bowers being a bust. He's too athletically gifted combined with too great a work ethic to bust out. Now he may not live up to his draft position, but I think he will at the least be a solid player.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Bowers does need to gain more consistency with his motor. Like I said in some other thread he is kinda like Vernon Gholston in that sense, plus he didn't do much during his freshman and sophomore years before having a monster junior year. I can see why you'd say Bowers.

But it's gotta be Cam Newton, no brainer. Either him or Mallett. I won't say Locker because I don't think he'll go in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      Bowers does need to gain more consistency with his motor. Like I said in some other thread he is kinda like Vernon Gholston in that sense, plus he didn't do much during his freshman and sophomore years before having a monster junior year. I can see why you'd say Bowers.

But it's gotta be Cam Newton, no brainer. Either him or Mallett. I won't say Locker because I don't think he'll go in the first round.
                      If I had to choose which has the highest bust potential: Mallet over Newton easily.

I heard the guy speak on TV recently and that alone would give me nightmares about giving him first round money if I were an NFL GM.

Comment

Big BOOM or BUST is Adrian Clayborn.
                        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Where do you guys rate Quinn's bust potential? High, medium, low?

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                            Big BOOM or BUST is Adrian Clayborn.
                            I think bowers has a higher bust potential then clayborn. Remember bowers has had exactly one dominant season and I do question his ability to be consistent in the pros. I think at the worst clayborn is a very solid de
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Cam Newton, Julio Jones and Robert Quinn

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information