Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma St.

Thoughts on if he comes out or not??

His star RB is a Sr. and Blackmon will probably declare. His O-line should stay intact, but I'm not sure that he can repeat what he did this season. To me he should and will.

If he does where do you guys see him going, and what do you think of his NFL future? I'm a little skeptical because it is just one season, but he has the tools, work ethic and smarts to be an above average NFL QB, IMO. Right now there are 3 first round caliber QB's, IMO, (not who I think is going in the 1st, but who I think is worth it).

Luck
    Weeden
    Gabbert

On an unrelated note, how come I cannot see anybody's sig's when I am signed on? When I sign out I can see everyone's, but when I'm logged in I can't.

Weeden is a potentially late rounder if he comes out this year.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
      Weeden is a potentially late rounder if he comes out this year.
      Part of the reason I think he'd stay. If there's some question as to whether you'll be drafted at all....stay in school. Football likely isn't going to be your future. Get your degree and enjoy being the big man on campus as a senior.

Comment

If this guy was 4 years younger, he'd be a lot higher rated. He has been really good year a impressive physical skill set but its hard to want to develop 28 year old rookie QB.

Comment

He's better suited to the NFL than Chris Weinke, but he probably doesn't get drafted much higher

Comment

Father time is working against him in a major way. He's dominating the competition...but he's almost 30. Can't tell me that in conjunction with developing his body for five years or whatever it was as a baseball player doesn't skew this a bit. You can then get into offensive scheme and other concerns, but age is going to make him a late round pick already.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Late rounder? Really??

I thought late 2, early 3.

Comment

Originally posted by PhinsRock View Post
                Late rounder? Really??

he's not perfect as a prospect to begin with so when you throw age in there most teams will look at him as a back up/stop gap at best

if he was 23 things would be different

Comment

Originally posted by PhinsRock View Post
                  Late rounder? Really??

To draft him in the first 3 rounds would indicate you think he starts for you within 2 years at his age. I don't think he's that NFL ready.

Comment

Two of my favorite QBs in the draft that have major reasons to be untouched come draft time.

Brandon Weeden - OLD, one year of experience.

Russell Wilson - TOO SHORT, baseball.

Comment

I think he's a good pick up in the 6th or 7th and stash him as the #3. We heard the same age thing about John Beck and he ended up going in the second round. I loved what I saw of him in the bowl game the other night.

Comment

The only way he declares is if he is pushed out the door by Gundy... which I don't believe will happen because there is no clear cut guy pushing him right now.

Comment

I think he is a late rounder if he comes out this year, and an ever later rounder if he comes out next year... what is he? 26? He needs to come out now if he wants a shot.

BTW, that list at the top has Luck, Gabbert, and Weeden as 1st round picks? Weeden? Seriously?!?

How about this?
                          1) Luck, Gabbert, Newton, Mallet, Locker
                          2-5) Kaepernick, Dalton, Ponder, Devlin, McElroy

Comment

I think it's trippy because it took me f'n 10 seconds to remember that I remembered backed when he was an MLB prospect for the Yankees. I remember his scouting report...had a good sinker that could hit 94 but never developed anything else. G'luck to him to making it to and doing what he wants to do in the NFL.

Comment

His age is not much of an issue.

You don't draft a guy planning for him to play for you for 10 years. If he's that successful during his first contract then maybe that would be a negative (maybe only 5 years before he starts to ware down) but that would also mean he was good if you want to re-sign him.

He'll be 28, not 38. Beck's stock wasn't really affected much by his age.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information