Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg Reid, CB, Florida St.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greg Reid, CB, Florida St.

    Did anyone see him in the FSU-SCAR bowl game last night?

    He looked like Bob Sanders playing CB against Spurrier's Gamecocks. Some of the stuff he did in that game was unbelievable. Check out this big hit on Marcus Lattimore that caused Lattimore to not only fumble the ball, but require facial stitches in the hospital after the game:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1IGweDXSY

    He also had some nice punt returns and pass break-ups. My question is: he's a sophomore, so he's staying in school for next year, correct? There's no chance he would be eligible for this year's draft?

    Also, I haven't seen too many FSU games, so has he played at such a high level all year? Is he a legit prospect when he finally does declare eventually, or was this just a game in which he was playing out of his mind for one night?

  • #2
    I think equally impressive was UCF CB Josh Robinson. He did very well covering AJ Greeen for most of the game and to me really raised questions about Green's deep speed and ability. Just from this one game, Green looked more like a Keyshawn-type possession WR than an elite top-end WR.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Morton View Post
      . My question is: he's a sophomore, so he's staying in school for next year, correct? There's no chance he would be eligible for this year's draft?

      Also, I haven't seen too many FSU games, so has he played at such a high level all year? Is he a legit prospect when he finally does declare eventually, or was this just a game in which he was playing out of his mind for one night?
      Correct, he was a true freshman last year. He is an amazing asset in the return game, and in the 2 chances I had to watch him play last year, he was easily the D-MVP of the game. Just a playmaker in general.

      Comment


      • #4
        Definitely the best game of his career on defense.

        His aggressiveness can work both ways as he will give up some big plays, and go for big hits rather than wrap up. He is an excellent return man, his quicks are unreal. He is very similar to someone like Javier Arenas, probably a mid rounder.

        The real stud for FSU is Xavier Rhodes, he's 6'1" 210 and is an absolute lock down cover corner who is also a great tackler. He is a RS Freshmen but he looks like a future top 10 pick. Been the best player on FSU's defense.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have watched a decent amount of FSU games this year (5 or 6) and he is definitely a playmaker. However this can go both ways as has been said. I do like Xavier Rhodes more for consistency, but Reid is a game changer. I would say the big knock on him will be his lack of size since he is about 5'8".

          Comment


          • #6
            Reid has some work to do in coverage, but he's young. He should improve a lot by the end of his career. Obvious playmaker, wish UF had been able to hold on to him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Haven't looked at Reid in-depth. My initial impression was that he may be a young Javier Arenas.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

              Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

              Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

              Comment


              • #8
                A loooooot faster than Arenas, has a ways to go to be as good of corner though.

                That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                  A loooooot faster than Arenas, has a ways to go to be as good of corner though.
                  He's actually not that straight line fast, probably will run in the 4.5s. But his quickness tends to mask that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    G5 is a beast. But to be honest, as an fsu fan, Rhodes is by far our # 1 CB. And a guy that no one is talking about and our nickle, Mike Harris, who was a juco transfer is damn good and will get even more playing time next year.

                    Sig by the King BK


                    Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
                    "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Reid has some good games and some bad ones, but he is definitely getting better.

                      Rhodes is the the overall better prospect (ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year) and is one of the most physically intimidating corners in CFB.

                      One issue with Reid is that unless he starts playing like a superstar all the time, he will definitely lose snaps. Mike Harris will play in the NFL. Joyner had a really good freshman year.

                      All of these guys are coached by Mark Stoops of course, who has coached 6 or 7 guys into being first round defensive backs.

                      Jimbo Fisher said it after Peach Bowl, "we have some really special corners."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As people have said, Xavier Rhodes is the best CB for FSU, but I'd actually say the second best CB on the team is actually Michael Harris. Because of his Juco and their notorious transcript problems he missed the summer and maybe a little fall practice so he was behind. He lead the team in INTs and made a lot of big plays when needed. Ideally I think Reid fits better as a Nickelback, which is likely where is NFL use will be along as a Returner where he will make an instant impact.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                          As people have said, Xavier Rhodes is the best CB for FSU, but I'd actually say the second best CB on the team is actually Michael Harris. Because of his Juco and their notorious transcript problems he missed the summer and maybe a little fall practice so he was behind. He lead the team in INTs and made a lot of big plays when needed. Ideally I think Reid fits better as a Nickelback, which is likely where is NFL use will be along as a Returner where he will make an instant impact.

                          Harris gets to "look" better because he is playing nickel and only comes in on obvious passing downs. I think he is a really really good player and will play in the NFL, but I'll wait to name him the better CB until he has to start playing on a lot of rushing / ambiguous downs. But you might be right.

                          The thing that you have to like about Reid though, is that he plays each game with more heart than most can ever muster, and it gets the whole team hyped.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah but then I remember games like UNC where Dwight Jones (a high level prospect in his own right) torched him repeatedly and really exposed his size issues.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                              Yeah but then I remember games like UNC where Dwight Jones (a high level prospect in his own right) torched him repeatedly and really exposed his size issues.
                              Agreed...that was a nightmare...Reminded me of Tony Carter getting abused by bigger WR's..

                              Sig by the King BK


                              Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
                              "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information