Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

    With all the hype surrounding Ponder, I think a lot of people had forget that they have the "Next Big Thing" on campus for a couple years, to lead FSU where they need to be. IMO Manuel is what Pryor was suppose to be a QB.

    Can anyone breakdown Manuel........Strengths, Weaknesses, Comparisons.

    IMO E.J. Manuel=(Better) Terrelle Pryor

    Last edited by shylo3716; 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM.

    Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

  • #2
    Cam Newton is what Pryor was supposed to be

    Manuel is a solid player in college, much like Pryor, but he has a lot to work on when it comes to the NFL. His mechanics are better and he seems to have decent passing instincts but he still doesn't look exceptionally fluid while passing and is not an asset doing it

    Comment


    • #3
      EJ Manuel is an athletic dropback QB, but he's not a best-athlete-on-the-team type guy.

      Yeah he looks like he has more upside than Pryor, but it would be nice to see him play a full season.
      Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 05-13-2011, 04:46 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        A little early, but he definitely has all the tools and has great poise. You won't find many "new" starting QBs more prepared than Manuel next year.

        Right now we kind of limit his throws when he's in, so I would like to see him actually fling the ball next season. Right now he tends to float his downfield throws, but I think thats just a confidence issue. But he's got the potential to be a big time prospect.

        Comment


        • #5
          He gets a limited playbook because a.) Ponder is the smartest QB in FSU history and has helped FSU to back to back top 10 offenses, and b.) Manual hasn't gon through a spring yet. He's been injured ever spring. Expect him to make a big jump next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
            With all the hype surrounding Ponder, I think a lot of people had forget that they have the "Next Big Thing" on campus for a couple years, to lead FSU where they need to be. IMO Manuel is what Pryor was suppose to be a QB.

            Can anyone breakdown Manuel........Strengths, Weaknesses, Comparisons.

            IMO E.J. Manuel=(Better) Terrelle Pryor

            how can you calm him being better than Pryor, yet ask for his strengths, weaknesses, and comparision?

            Comment


            • #7
              One thing that is very impressive about Manuel is ability to read a blitz and make the necessary adjustments. He is insanely athletic and has a big, big arm but needs this Spring to become the man. Fisher has said multiple times that Manuel will be a "special player" and he knows his QBs.

              Comment


              • #8
                EJ Manuel is Fisher's chosen one...This is the guy he brought in to run his system...He has a huge arm (not the most accurate...one play he puts it on the money ie. 1st play against clemson this year 50 yd bomb down the field on playaction and sometimes not so much)...EJ in the open field is devastating, in the games he played when he broke out wide in the open field, DB's had a hell of a time bringing him down...One full offseason and spring training as the guy finally..he'll do some big things..

                He has 2 bowl wins under his belt and he hasnt even become the starter...Beat West Virginia last year and South Carolina this year...

                Also...VT fans probably will never forgive him for leaving Virginia to go play at FSU...
                Last edited by BallerT1215; 01-07-2011, 12:01 AM.

                Sig by the King BK


                Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
                "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've never seen a player's public perception so affected by expectations than Pryor. After all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment he was expected to basically be what Cam Newton was this year. Since he hasn't been that good, people act like he's some huge disappointment who's not even as good as Florida State's backup QB... All he's done at OSU is start all three years he's played and help OSU win 3 Big Ten Titles and go 2-1 in BCS Bowls.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BallerT1215 View Post
                    EJ Manuel is Fisher's chosen one...This is the guy he brought in to run his system...He has a huge arm (not the most accurate...one play he puts it on the money ie. 1st play against clemson this year 50 yd bomb down the field on playaction and sometimes not so much)...EJ in the open field is devastating, in the games he played when he broke out wide in the open field, DB's had a hell of a time bringing him down...One full offseason and spring training as the guy finally..he'll do some big things..

                    He has 2 bowl wins under his belt and he hasnt even become the starter...Beat West Virginia last year and South Carolina this year...

                    Also...VT fans probably will never forgive him for leaving Virginia to go play at FSU...
                    Lol I forgave him. Tech can't get them all. Didn't get Tajh Boyd or Newsome either.

                    #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions


                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                      Lol I forgave him. Tech can't get them all. Didn't get Tajh Boyd or Newsome either.
                      now that you mention it....virginia has been putting out some talented QB's

                      Sig by the King BK


                      Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
                      "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wish Miami had him
                        One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BallerT1215 View Post
                          now that you mention it....virginia has been putting out some talented QB's
                          I have been putting it out there for the longest......Just the 757 area alone.

                          Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                          Newton
                          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                          Barely literate +5 swagger
                          Thief +15 swagger
                          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                          Big, average speed -3 swagger
                          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                          Total Swagger: 62
                          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BallerT1215 View Post
                            now that you mention it....virginia has been putting out some talented QB's
                            The 757(Hampton Roads/Tidewater) area to be excat. You can also add Phillip Sims to that list.

                            As far as Manuel, he looked a little stiff in the pocket when I had a chance to watch him. Robotic with his throwing motion. I remember him being more fluid in his dropback in high school. Didnt watch the bowl game though. Will be watching him next year very closely.
                            Last edited by VAfy-ya; 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What are the chance Manuel has a Cam Newton type of season?

                              Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                              Newton
                              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                              Barely literate +5 swagger
                              Thief +15 swagger
                              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                              Big, average speed -3 swagger
                              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                              Total Swagger: 62
                              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information