E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
    What are the chance Manuel has a Cam Newton type of season?
    Slim to none. He will be lucky to stay healthy a full season.
    Last edited by Pat Sims 90; 03-10-2011, 03:57 PM.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Newton had an all time great year so no but I do think Manuel will have a really good year and surprise some people.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Wrong board, but be sure to watch NC State's QB this fall, Mike Glennon.

6'6, 225#, great arm and will do the best Philip Rivers impersonation seen in Raleigh since, well, Philip Rivers!!!

Would not be surprised to see him pass for close to 4000 yards and 35 TDs and declare after the season.

Yeah, crazy talk I admit, but act like you know if that's how it goes down this fall.

Comment

Does anyone besides me & FSU fans believe he along with his Defense will lead this team to a Nat'l title?

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
          Newton
          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
          Barely literate +5 swagger
          Thief +15 swagger
          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
          Big, average speed -3 swagger
          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
          Total Swagger: 62
          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            I've never seen a player's public perception so affected by expectations than Pryor. After all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment he was expected to basically be what Cam Newton was this year. Since he hasn't been that good, people act like he's some huge disappointment who's not even as good as Florida State's backup QB... All he's done at OSU is start all three years he's played and help OSU win 3 Big Ten Titles and go 2-1 in BCS Bowls.
            I agree, Pryor's upside is much greater than Manual's, should be a far better pro than collegian stuck in Tressel's offense.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Does anyone besides me & FSU fans believe he along with his Defense will lead this team to a Nat'l title?
              Bahahaha! No.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Dream on but you can always hope.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Manuel's throwing motion was supposed to have been reworked this spring. Of course, I had no access to the spring game, but if his accuracy is improved as reported he could have a really good year.

Comment

Just wrote about Manuel in my blog....

EJ Manuel RS Junior Florida State- EJ Manuel came out of the prep ranks as a big time Quarterback recruit who was said to be the guy who would take FSU football back to glory. Next year will be the first time he has full control of the offense, but he has played well in spot up duty for an often-injured Christian Ponder and also in mop up duty. At 65″ Manuel has the size of the perfect Quarterback, throw in his abilities and you are really drooling. Manuel has a big time arm, and is a very good pocket passer. Manuel also has the ability to tuck the ball and run, or evade the rush to make plays on the run, and has been very accurate in the time he has seen. He is succeeding Christian Ponder who went 12th overall in the 2011 draft, and Manuel has much more to work with as far as skills.

EJ Manuel has looked solid in the time he has gotten to play, but has yet to show anything spectacular and he is still a very unknown prospect. He needs to impress this year, and will still get the questions of whether or not he is just a one year wonder.
                    Sophomore Season: 65-93 861 YDS 69.9% 4 TD 4INT

Kind of a bunch of things that everyone already knows. Watching Manuel, I think he needs to clean up his mechanics a little bit, takes a little too long to release the ball. I think hes got twice the talent that Ponder did, but does Manuel have what it takes to put it all together?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

What are the chance Manuel has a Cam Newton type of season?
                      Slim considering they are totally different QB's and play in completely different offenses.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

just jeff luc
                        E]

Comment

Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                          Manuel's throwing motion was supposed to have been reworked this spring. Of course, I had no access to the spring game, but if his accuracy is improved as reported he could have a really good year.
                          You can catch the Spring Game on ESPN3.com

Newton
                          Thief +15 swagger

Comment

is there anything that would separate him from being exactly like xavier lee? cause im not seeing it
                            E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                              is there anything that would separate him from being exactly like xavier lee? cause im not seeing it
                              Cough Cough! He unlike Lee KNOWS the playbook!

Newton
                              Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                                Yes, I'll forgive you for this because if you don't follow the program you wouldn't know any better.

Lee was a grade A idiot who in his 4 years at FSU never learned the playbook. His work ethic was only slightly better than JaMarcus Russell. He also played under Jeff Bowden, the worst OC in history of earth.

Manuel is Fisher's hand picked guy (and he knows QBs) who has outstanding character, has sit and learn for 3 years while playing well in spot duty. His numbers have been up and down but he's already shown remarkable ability under pressure. If FSU's WRs play consistent (and one guy can really step up) then he'll have a huge year. My only issue is he seems to float balls sometimes, but he had missed the previous 2 spring practices with injuries and not being a full time starter probably didn't have the confidence of just slinging the ball around.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information