• Show
Clear All

Effortless

Comment

Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
      Effortless
      Thank you..... +rep your way!!!

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
      The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
      Newton
      South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
      Barely literate +5 swagger
      Thief +15 swagger
      Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
      Big, average speed -3 swagger
      Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
      Total Swagger: 62
      ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Ha thanks...ill throw some your way too. But in all honesty taking off and running effortlessly does not make a good QB. I was expecting Manuel to have a better performance especially with Jimbo Fischer's play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend

I don't think they even score a TD with Manuel especially when they were forced to pass.
          EJ could/should (however you want to say it) have had 2 TD passes. Kenny Shaws first TD cach was negated by a holding call that had no effect on the play. And his second TD catch was dislodged by helmet-to-helmet unconsciousnes. Box score wont read it due to penalties, but EJ was effective considering he was going up against a defense that was top 10 last year and is likely just as good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
            If he wanted to he could go "Cam Newton" and take off once the play breaks down every play to make something happen, which would not be a problem for him at all. It's nothing for him to get 10 yards per carry!!!!

Can you say EFFORTLESS?
            i'm sorry, but if that had any hint of truth whatsoever, he would literally be running the ball every single play. there's absolutely no point in throwing a ball if you can 'effortlessly' get 10 yards rushing any time you want.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
              i'm sorry, but if that had any hint of truth whatsoever, he would literally be running the ball every single play. there's absolutely no point in throwing a ball if you can 'effortlessly' get 10 yards rushing any time you want.
              Take it from a Gator Lol

Newton
              Thief +15 swagger

Comment

The way Manuel throws the ball makes me very uneasy, he never lets the ball go and puts alot of air under everything. He has alot of arm strength but never ropes the ball to a spot.

After rewatching the game on TV it really bothered me more, he had many open guys than he wouldn't hit at the right time because he put too much air under the ball.

Comment

Will he lose his starting spot to Trickett?

I'm quite sure next Spring there will be a Nick Saban type of battle amongst the 2.

Newton
                  Thief +15 swagger

Comment

I like Trickett, he likes throwing it downfield. FSU has a good situation with two good QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
                      I like Trickett, he likes throwing it downfield. FSU has a good situation with two good QBs.
                      I would hate to see "The Saban Scenario".

Newton
                      Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Its better than the Spurrier Scenario

Comment

The thing with Trickett is that he'll put up some decent stats, but he seems to fold whenever he's needed most (unfair to judge him on this in two games, but both times when he could lead a potential game winning/tying drive, he fails). He's just a freshman but seems like he'll be a solid QB for the future. I'd much rather have Manuel lead the offense for now.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                            The thing with Trickett is that he'll put up some decent stats, but he seems to fold whenever he's needed most (unfair to judge him on this in two games, but both times when he could lead a potential game winning/tying drive, he fails). He's just a freshman but seems like he'll be a solid QB for the future. I'd much rather have Manuel lead the offense for now.
                            Come on now...

He had absolutely zero running game, sketchy pass protection at times, a young group of WR's and playing on the road. And almost led us to the win despite the defense turning in a horrible effort. He had a ball dropped on the potential game winning drive, a false start turn 4th and 4 into 4th and 9 and then zero protection on that final play.

To have anything negative to say about Trickett after that game is grasping at thin air.

Comment

I like EJ Manuel's potential, but IMO Trickett seems like the better pure QB. That FSU offense looks like a different animal when Trickett is under center.

Trickett's the guy who's going to lead the Seminoles resurgence back to national prominence, and sadly not EJ.

Trickett appears to see things better downfield and has a more natural feel for the position, from what little I've seen of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information