Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut

Had an impressive game tonight vs a tough Oklahoma defense and is declaring for the draft. In this wide open RB class, where would he fall? Not very big but you don't have to be anymore in todays NFL where you're sharing carries. Great in open space and definently has the speed to turn the corner and run away from defenders. Has shown surprising toughness between the tackles as well on draws and isos in UConns lame shotgun offense. Now considering this guy will run behind a lead block in the NFL in an I Formation, the possibility is definently there that he can be a better pro back than college back. I think he should definently be considered after Ingram and in the mix with Leshoure and Hunter in the 2nd rd.
    Last edited by JPP90; 01-02-2011, 12:27 AM.

Shane P Hallam tweeted last night he sees Todman as a 2nd rd prospect.

Comment

Reminds me of Ray Rice, another 2nd rounder that turned out okay.

Comment

I see him as a late second round or early third round pick. Really talented runner, I'm just worried about the beating he took running between the tackles for two years with his frame.

Comment

4 posts in and everything thats been said makes him sound exactly like ray rice already.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
            4 posts in and everything thats been said makes him sound exactly like ray rice already.
            ray rice's knock was speed, his toughness and durability weren't an issue. He was a much more built player than Toddman, i dont see the comparison at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
              ray rice's knock was speed, his toughness and durability weren't an issue. He was a much more built player than Toddman, i dont see the comparison at all.
              this.. ray rice looks like a mini tank, not as big as mojo, but built thick
              Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Where would you guys rank Todman with the other draft eligible RBs? I personally like Ryan Williams a lot and would love for the Rams to draft him in the second, so he'd be behind him and Ingram. I haven't seen enough of LeShoure but he does look dangerous with good explosion and power.

Comment

1. Mark Ingram*
                  2. Ryan Williams*
                  3. Shane Vereen*
                  4. Noel Devine
                  5. Mikel LeShoure*
                  6. LaMichael James**
                  7. DeMarco Murray
                  8. Kendall Hunter
                  9. Evan Royster
                  10. Jordan Todman*
                  11. Jamie Harper*
                  12. Mario Fannin
                  13. Delone Carter
                  14. Graig Cooper
                  15. Daniel Thomas
                  16. Jacquizz Rodgers*

This is just how i feel, its a very deep class, but there's no standout players just a bunch of guys who all have decent potential.
                  Last edited by BaLLiN; 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Ryan Williams has too many injury concerns, and his production was very low this year. With those concerns I don't think he is worth a 1st or even a second...

Comment

Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                      Ryan Williams has too many injury concerns, and his production was very low this year. With those concerns I don't think he is worth a 1st or even a second...
                      i agree with the first, but i feel he's worth a mid second. Ingram is the only guy id give a late first on.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                        1. Mark Ingram*
                        2. Ryan Williams*
                        3. Shane Vereen*
                        4. Noel Devine
                        5. Mikel LeShoure*
                        6. LaMichael James**
                        7. DeMarco Murray
                        8. Kendall Hunter
                        9. Evan Royster
                        10. Jordan Todman*
                        11. Jamie Harper*
                        12. Mario Fannin
                        13. Delone Carter
                        14. Graig Cooper
                        15. Daniel Thomas
                        16. Jacquizz Rodgers*

This is just how i feel, its a very deep class, but there's no standout players just a bunch of guys who all have decent potential.
                        Wow, VERY high on Vereen and not so much on DT or Quizz huh? You really think Delone Carter and Graig Cooper are better than those guys? That shows me you obviously are living in the past and haven't watched a down of Miami football this year. Cooper has no burst anymore after the knee injury. He's just not that good anymore. No better than a late rounder at this point IMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

These are my running back ranks so far (Top 15):

1. Mark Ingram, Alabama (1st)
                          2. Mikel LeShoure, Illinois (Late 1st-Mid 2nd)
                          3. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma (Mid to Late 2nd)
                          4. Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech (Late 2nd-Early 3rd)
                          5. Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State (Mid 3rd-Early 4th)
                          6. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State (Mid 3rd-Early 4th)
                          7. Daniel Thomas, Kansas State (Mid 3rd-Mid 4th)
                          8. Noel Devine, West Virginia (Mid 3rd-Early 4th)
                          9. Allen Bradford, Southern California (Mid 4th-Early 5th)
                          10. Shane Vereen, California (5th)
                          11. Evan Royster, Penn State (5th-6th)
                          12. Jordan Todman, Connecticut (5th-6th)
                          13. Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh (5th-6th)
                          14. Jamie Harper, Clemson (5th-6th)
                          15. John Clay, Wisconsin (5th-6th
                          Last edited by thebow305; 01-02-2011, 02:05 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                            Wow, VERY high on Vereen and not so much on DT or Quizz huh? You really think Delone Carter and Graig Cooper are better than those guys? That shows me you obviously are living in the past and haven't watched a down of Miami football this year. Cooper has no burst anymore after the knee injury. He's just not that good anymore. No better than a late rounder at this point IMO.
                            In defense of Delone Carter, the guy is very underrated by fans that don't know much about him. He does have hip issues and a shaky past but what he's done behind a bad Syracuse line without the threat of the pass is nothing short of amazing.

He's also very low on Todman and way too high on Royster, but whatever.

Comment

todman is absolutely NOTHING like Ray Rice. There is literally no comparison except they played for Big East teams and might both go 2nd round...
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information