Clear All

• Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-for-nfl-draft

QB class just got better...
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

I posted this in another thread too but want to toot my own horn a bit...

I've been singing Gabbert's praises for months. Just ask Shane.

I really think Gabbert is going to give Mallett and Newton a run for their money.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

does this mess up the top ten?

Comment

I'm going to copy and paste my post from the underclassmen thread because its also extremely pertinent here

Blaine Gabbert doesn't have some of the key physical parts (obviously he has the height, weight, throw power, etc. you want) like footwork, pocket presence, all that.

I called the Colorado game and watched all the Mizzou games this year and I can not say how many times I saw him try to scramble out of the pocket when teams only rushed three guys and he had the perfect pocket to step up and deliver a throw, but instead he felt the need to stutter step in the pocket and then run the ball for two yards. Not to mention how horrible his deep-ball touch, or the fact that its non-existent on almost all 20+ yard throws.

I won't lie, I haven't seen a QB who can throw a perfect 15-18 yard deep out like him in a while but other than that his touch on passes is ****. Did you watch the game last night? Notice how Charlie Whitehurst just hung all his deep balls? That's what Blaine does on his throws. Ball that up with his extreme lack of footwork and pocket presence and it does nothing close to make up for the fact he is 6'5, 230, and can throw the ball a mile.
        Last edited by Scott Wright; 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM.
        I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Gabbert probably has the highest bust potential out of all the quarterbacks in the class for me, or is at least right up there. I could see him being very, very good but I could also see him struggling out of the gate and not being able to get over it. Absolutely love his potential, saw him as a top 15 pick early in the season, but his lack of pocket presence and lower body mechanics worry me. He also really doesn't have to do much in the way or reads right now. That's coachable and he seems to be a bright kid, so he'll likely get over over that.

Very high upside, but he's also equally as raw.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Could get a Titans look depending on how this Jeff Fisher/VY thing plays out.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

12nd overall pick, future Viking, bet on it.

Comment

I think he could be a star in the NFL, but i believe he needs to hold the clipboard for a year or so before he's ready, let him get acquainted with the playbook. My Vikings could sure use his talent.
                <This space reserved for Leonard Fournette love>

Hackenberg vs Morris!
                FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                  12nd?... It's 12th dude....

lol just kidding, but I think that would be a nice fit for the vikes.

Comment

Wouldn't mind having him, he as great size and a strong arm. I didn't get a chance to watch him much this year but from what I saw his accuracy was a little spotty. Not sure if it was bad foot work or what but a lot of his passes seemed to go over his receivers heads.

Comment

12nd, 12th, you got it.

Gabbert would be a great fit in Minny... Although I see them passing on a QB once again for a mysterious reason.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                        Wouldn't mind having him, he as great size and a strong arm. I didn't get a chance to watch him much this year but from what I saw his accuracy was a little spotty. Not sure if it was bad foot work or what but a lot of his passes seemed to go over his receivers heads.
                        That's mostly the lower body mechanics, I think. I wouldn't go as far as to call him inaccurate, but his ball placement leaves something to be desired at times.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          He overthrew 6'4 Danario Alexander last year on a consistent basis. His completion percentage will tell you his accuracy is pretty good but don't believe the stats. A lot of people can complete 60% of their passes when you are checking down to TJ Moe and the best TE in the country on every play
                          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

I just don't see it. McShay and company have him rated 2nd overall among QBs, and I don't even know why.

12nd, 12th, you got it.

Gabbert would be a great fit in Minny... Although I see them passing on a QB once again for a mysterious reason.
                            They won't want to upset Brett Favre.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              They won't want to upset Brett Favre.
                              *shudders* I wish they would add the word Favre to the swear filter so I never have to see his name on here again.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information