What Are the Chances?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are the Chances?

What if the Broncos do hire Jim Harbaugh, and want to draft Andrew Luck? For some reason I can only see Harbaugh as the Broncos coach in the NFL this year, and if he does get signed how could he get Luck?

Answer: Tim Tebow?

The Panthers could get Tebow, who has shown some potential in his limited starting time. Clausen has done the opposite of Tebow, struggling all season and has shown next to no flashes. With a new coach coming in( you never know, it could be McDaniels?) and wanting Tebow this trade could happen.

Panthers Get: QB Tim Tebow, #2

Broncos Get: #1(Andrew Luck)

Panthers could then get a WR like AJ Green to pair with Tebow, or a defender like DE Da'Quan Bowers, DT Nick Fairley or DB Patrick Peterson at the #2 pick.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

If the Panthers ever even entertained the idea of passing on Luck to have Tim Tebow as their QB instead, the GM deserves to be raped, hanged and burned. And no one would ever feel sorry for the Panthers rotting in NFL obscurity for the subsequent decade.

Comment

I like Tebow, and I think he'll be pretty good.
      But Luck..
      Regardless Broncos have a lot of defensive needs, and they cannot afford to trade away picks and neglect defense.

Comment

Absolutely positively 0.

Comment

Luck is putting on a show here tonight. If the Panthers pass on Luck, everyone should be fired. There is no way in h*ll Jimmy Clausen would match to the standings of Luck.

Comment

I'd say the chances are pretty good.

Comment

If Andrew Luck declares, it would take an offer more than the Bears got for Jay Cutler to give Carolina any consideration of trading the first pick.

Comment

I love Clausen and think he'll be a franchise player at his peak, but Andrew Luck might be the most valuable player (in terms of trade value) in the league. He's just that good.
                <This space reserved for Leonard Fournette love>

Hackenberg vs Morris!
                FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!

Comment

**** no. Tim Tebow doesn't remotely compare to Luck.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

No team, including the Carolina Panthers, is passing up the chance to acquire Andrew Luck.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by DcmRulz View Post
                      I love Clausen and think he'll be a franchise player at his peak, but Andrew Luck might be the most valuable player (in terms of trade value) in the league. He's just that good.
                      Clausen showed no flashes that a team would like to see. Andrew Luck is an elite prospect. You don't pass him up. Clausen isn't a leader and honestly, has doesn't have the attitude and character to be a franchise guy. He is a total dousche, that is why he got punched in the face by a notre dame fan last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                        **** no. Tim Tebow doesn't remotely compare to Luck.
                        I too think the idea is crazy but for the record what the trade would be is Tim Tebow+AJ Green/Patrick Peterson/Marcel Darreus etc instead of just Luck.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          I too think the idea is crazy but for the record what the trade would be is Tim Tebow+AJ Green/Patrick Peterson/Marcel Darreus etc instead of just Luck.
                          Exactly. They kill 2 birds with one stone better much. They get 2 impact players while paying Tebow late 1st money compared to #1 overall QB money. I dont think Dareus is a top 5 pick though, I instead would put Fairley

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            Exactly. They kill 2 birds with one stone better much. They get 2 impact players while paying Tebow late 1st money compared to #1 overall QB money. I dont think Dareus is a top 5 pick though, I instead would put Fairley
                            It makes sense, but I don't think you pass on Luck for Tebow.
                            He is just that good. It would be like...
                            Tebow + #2 +#33? + some other draft pick to get Luck.
                            The point is if they were to get Luck..it is more likely that the Broncos are left with like 1 draft pick..
                            Last edited by DBNYDP; 01-03-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                              How exactly would they be killing two birds with one stone? It's not like they're getting a top level NFL quarterback, they'd be getting Tim ************* Tebow. It would be absolutely 100% ******* ******** for them to pass on Andrew Luck to have Tim Tebow and AJ Green or whoever the hell else you wanna take at #2. It's an incredibly dumb idea, man.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information