Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Luck stays, who's the #1 overall pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Luck stays, who's the #1 overall pick?

Simple question. If we assume that Andrew Luck will remain at Stanford next year instead of declaring for the NFL draft, who will take his place as the prohibitive favorite to be picked #1 overall?

Will it be a quarterback nevertheless, such as Blaine Gabbert or Cam Newton, or even Ryan Mallett? Or will Carolina select the BPA, which would probably be either Patrick Peterson, Nick Fairley, or Da'Quan Bowers? Will they be highly likely to trade down with a team?

I think that the Panthers will pick Blaine Gabbert, or trade down with a team who will pick Blaine Gabbert. I believe that regardless of the situation, a QB is going to go #1 this year.

I think someone will pump themselves up for Newton. Washington is a trade up candidate

Comment

i think its gonna be between newton/bowers/peterson/green/fairley now

newton with the most outside chance of the 5
      E]

Comment

Bowers.Gabbert is not worthy opf the 1st overall pick

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
          Bowers.Gabbert is not worthy opf the 1st overall pick
          Todd McShay has Gabbert as his #5 overall prospect tho. Clearly Gabbert has some franchise QB potential, no?

Comment

there is no guy to take at 1

bowers will probably be the pick since he's local. theyll try to sell tickets with it because that worked out so well last time lmao

Comment

Panthers are only interviewing DC so far so I say..

Bowers

Comment

they need WR/DE/CB....i think green/bowers/peterson are all very viable options.

WR will be much much easier to take this high this year with a new deal in the works
                E]

Comment

AJ Green #1 overall would be interesting. I mean, he's practically a Calvin Johnson type of player, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Might make Jimmy Clausen into a real baller if he finally has an elite target.

Comment

I think Bowers will be the pick. It's hard to find great lineman later on in the draft. Also, games are won and lost in the trenches. Having a great pass rusher like Bowers would also allow Carolina the luxury of not having to have great cornerbacks because they wouldn't have to cover as long.

Comment

The bright side to this decision is that it's going to be much more dramatic now come draft day since the first overall pick isn't a foregone conclusion.

Comment

I think its looking like Bowers right now, but Newton/Fairley/Green will likely receive consideration.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Bowers, could also see Green.

No quarterback is worth the number one overall pick, and certainly not Newton.
                          Just play me, baby

Comment

They should go Fairley. I think they'll go Bowers. Too bad Quinn missed the season or else he'd have a better shot than anyone to go #1.

Comment

Newton at #1 and you're asking for a complete disaster of a pick, it has to be something more certain for a franchise that needs a lot.

If you think of it in terms of a two year process you take the great WR this year and come back with Luck or Barkely next year. If you reach on a QB this year no matter who you come back with next year it isnt near as good.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information