Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 4-3 OLB Prospect in the Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best 4-3 OLB Prospect in the Draft?

    I've head Von Millers name and Ayers name mentioned. But whos the best? IS it someone outside of these 2?

  • #2
    Mason Foster.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bruce Carter
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

      Comment


      • #4
        I would say Bruce Carter followed by Greg Jones who might best served outside in the 4-3.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bruce Carter is another Lawrence Timmons. Too bad he hurt his knee or else he'd go in the first round. Gonna be a steal.

          Other top guys include Ayers as a SAM or MIKE, Greg Jones, and Mark Herzlich.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            Mason Foster.
            Agree. reminds me of one of those USC linebackers who were so good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              Agree. reminds me of one of those USC linebackers who were so good.
              I expect him to have a Jerrod Mayo-like rise. People need to stop sleeping on this guy. He has been terrific the past two seasons and might of been the best pure LB in college football this season. It's not like he's lacking the tools either. He's 6'2 242, should run in the mid 4.6's and is a very fluid athlete.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mason Foster is an ILB. He's a tackling machine so it would be a mistake to move him from the middle...very much like a Lofa Tatupu and will be similarly a 2nd round steal. I'm assuming this is just an OLB thread? Carter and Herzy come to mind.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                  Mason Foster is an ILB. He's a tackling machine so it would be a mistake to move him from the middle...very much like a Lofa Tatupu and will be similarly a 2nd round steal. I'm assuming this is just an OLB thread? Carter and Herzy come to mind.
                  Except for the fact that he's been starting at OLB since his sophomore year and only started at MLB once and that was in his true freshman year. So.......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    Except for the fact that he's been starting at OLB since his sophomore year and only started at MLB once and that was in his true freshman year. So.......
                    I think he can play either, he reminds me a little of Keith Rivers and maybe a touch of Brian Cushing, i'm a homer but i love this guy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      I think he can play either, he reminds me a little of Keith Rivers and maybe a touch of Brian Cushing, i'm a homer but i love this guy.
                      I think he can play all three spots in the 4-3 and play inside in a 3-4. But for him to claim that he's not a 4-3 OLB is just plain silly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mason Foster is the real deal
                        FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Akeem Ayers and Von Miller.

                          Can't believe Travis Lewis hasn't been mentioned yet, he's my #3.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm on the Bruce Carter wagon, and I hope he remains a possible steal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Akeem Ayers, 6-4, 252, UCLA
                              Greg Jones, 6-1, 224, Michigan State (ILB)
                              Bruce Carter, 6-3, 225, North Carolina
                              Travis Lewis, 6-2, 230, Oklahoma* (Staying in school as of now)
                              Von Miller, 6-2, 240, Texas A&M
                              Dontay Moch, 6-1, 240, Nevada (DE)
                              Mark Herzlich, 6-4, 250, Boston College
                              Jonas Mouton, 6-2, 228, Michigan
                              Quentin Davie, 6-4, 230, Northwestern
                              Ross Homan, 6-0, 230, Ohio State
                              Greg Lloyd, 6-1, 236, Connecticut
                              J.T. Thomas, 6-2, 225, West Virginia
                              Lawrence Wilson, 6-1, 224, Connecticut
                              Nigel Bradham, 6-3, 235, Florida State* (Undeclared)
                              Zach Brown, 6-2, 225, North Carolina * (Undeclared)
                              Kenny Rowe, 6-3, 232, Oregon
                              Mason Foster, 6-2, 244, Washington (ILB)
                              Adrian Robinson, 6-2, 245, Temple* (Undeclared)
                              Keenan Robinson, 6-3, 232, Texas* (Undeclared)
                              Chris Walker, 6-2, 236, Tennessee
                              Chris Carter, 6-2, 240, Fresno State (DE)
                              Jeremiha Hunter, 6-2, 235, Iowa
                              Jamari Lattimore, 6-2, 225, Middle Tennessee State (DE)
                              Last edited by Day One Pick; 01-08-2011, 01:12 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information