The Middle Linebacker Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Middle Linebacker Class

Best Middle linebackers coming out this year? Whether it be 4-3 or 3-4?

I think next year is the year to draft a MLB. Burflict, Te'o, Hightower, Carder, Kuechly.

Anyway, I think the MLB that sticks out the most to me this year is Martez Wilson. Who is it for you guys?
    Last edited by JustDezIT; 01-14-2011, 10:03 PM.

Mario Harvey. I think a couple years down the road people will wonder why he didn't go in the first 2 or maybe even 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
      Mario Harvey. I think a couple years down the road people will wonder why he didn't go in the first 2 or maybe even 3 rounds.
      I think Harvey could be a hell of a 3-4 ILB. He's stocky and very tough. I think he can blitz and mix it up with linemen pretty easily.

That said, he's not especially athletic and people will see his height as a negative. But in the 5th/6th round to a 3-4 team, he could be a steal.

Comment

Martez Wilson?

Comment

Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
          Martez Wilson?
          Yeah, dunno why I put Williams.

Comment

I've watched Martez since he was a freshman and I can honestly sit here and say I have no idea what to make of him.

I think he should have stayed one more season to develop.

The ceiling is through the roof, but the floor is pretty low as well.

I'd like to see him play OLB in a 34.

Comment

I'm a big Nate Irving fan, he's been mentioned here before. Strong character guy who plays with so much heart and fire on the field. Not an elite prospect by any means but just a good, good player.
              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Alex Wujiack middle linebacker from Maryland is very good. Playmaker.6'3 245 4.7/40 averaged 130 tackles a season 3 INT. He will be a round 6 pick,because he is mostly a 2 down linebacker in the NFL. HIS team mate at THE U of Maryland was Adrian Moten, while he played sam backer at 6'2 230 runs a 4.6/40 and I feel could be a playmaker middle linebacker in the big league. Should be a round 6-7 guy. He averaged 70 tackles a season, 8 tfl and 5 sacks a season.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I think Harvey could be a hell of a 3-4 ILB. He's stocky and very tough. I think he can blitz and mix it up with linemen pretty easily.

That said, he's not especially athletic and people will see his height as a negative. But in the 5th/6th round to a 3-4 team, he could be a steal.
                  I think he'll go a little higher than the 5th round.

Comment

Inside linebacker is a position I probably haven't paid enough attention to so far this year, but hopefully I'll be able to watch some more games and finish out my rankings. Just based off of light scouting, here's what I have:

INSIDE LINEBACKER (4-3)

1. Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina

2. Kelvin Sheppard, Louisiana St.

3. Greg Jones, Michigan St.

4. Casey Matthews, Oregon

5. Mason Foster, Washington

INSIDE LINEBACKER (3-4)

1. Akeem Ayers, UCLA*

2. Martrez Wilson, Illinois*

3. Mark Herzlich, Boston College

4. Kelvin Sheppard, Louisiana St.

5. Mason Foster, Washington

Comment

Originally posted by REDSKINSWARRIOR82 View Post
                      Alex Wujiack middle linebacker from Maryland is very good. Playmaker.6'3 245 4.7/40 averaged 130 tackles a season 3 INT. He will be a round 6 pick,because he is mostly a 2 down linebacker in the NFL. HIS team mate at THE U of Maryland was Adrian Moten, while he played sam backer at 6'2 230 runs a 4.6/40 and I feel could be a playmaker middle linebacker in the big league. Should be a round 6-7 guy. He averaged 70 tackles a season, 8 tfl and 5 sacks a season.

Don't do that. It looks kinda desperate!lol

Wujiak from the neck up is a 1st/2nd pick at mike IMO, but I have real questions about his athleticism and the health of his knees.
                      He's the type of guy who goes in the 6th-7th round and will still make a team's final 53.

Moten is the guy who probably has the best upside between the two and could have an Eric Barton type career in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                        Don't do that. It looks kinda desperate!lol

Wujiak from the neck up is a 1st/2nd pick at mike IMO, but I have real questions about his athleticism and the health of his knees.
                        He's the type of guy who goes in the 6th-7th round and will still make a team's final 53.

Moten is the guy who probably has the best upside between the two and could have an Eric Barton type career in the pros.
                        Holy **** your avatar just made my life.

Back on subject... Where are the great coverage backers? Tampa Bay needs a replacement for soft-as-pudding Ruud... one that can drop into the deep middle and play well in space.

From what I've seen of Herzlich, he drops well and holds his own on the move. Then again, I haven't seen much of him.

Comment

Casey Matthews
                          FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Mason Foster hands down the best linebacker available for the draft. If he plays at Auburn or Alabama he goes in the top 20.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Martez and Kelvin.
                              Martez is a physical freak, who plays on his instincts, but on the other hand that can be a bad thing because he is often in bad position and just not disciplined enough.
                              Kelvin isn't a physical freak (by no means is he bad though), I think he matches up favorably to Brandon Spikes. Great leader, and also great instincts.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information