No announcement yet.

1/19 - Rankings Updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have T.J. Yates over Jerrod Johnson though without question.

I also think you'll end up adding Ryan Pugh to your center rankings. I think he's an underrated prospect.

Comment

wow at the QB rankings is all I can say .Gabbert is number one really ? I just don't see it .But your the pro here lol . Glad to see Jake Locker at number 2 tho . Everything else looks in good shape.I'm also glad to see a rankings of all the players in play for the draft other then seniors . . Nice work Scott.

Comment

This is the first time I realized that Dontay Moch runs a sub 4.3 40. Holy ****. Makes me want to draft him, make him shed 20 lbs, and play SS. I know it doesn't work like that but damn what an incredible athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
          Personally, I've always had Dareus over Fairley... I absolutely agree with it.
          off-field/character issues aside I don't think there's any way anyone can think Dareus is a better football player than Fairley. If you factor in character issues and whatnot it might make sense, but otherwise it's not even that close IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            off-field/character issues aside I don't think there's any way anyone can think Dareus is a better football player than Fairley. If you factor in character issues and whatnot it might make sense, but otherwise it's not even that close IMO.
            I think you should listen to the podcast, haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Nice work as always but I really think you should seriously consider adding separate 3-4 rankings. Half the teams in the NFL run it. I know as a 49ers fan, the team really needs an outside linebacker but it's nearly impossible to find out how you rank 3-4 linebackers and ends.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                Homan had a bad year, struggled with injuries. He had better quickness last year and was highly thought of going into the season. Workouts will be key as well as the Senior Bowl.
                Yeah, the injuries definitely hurt him, and I'll admit that he did look a bunch better in the Sugar Bowl. Still highly skeptical that he has the wheels. Would love for him to prove me wrong. He's a solid player that seems to love the game.

Comment

I disagree with you on both accounts. I think it is close, but I think Dareus is a better football player.

I think character issues should always be part of the evaluation process, and factor into to the final grade you have on a prospect no matter what.

However, even without the character issues, and basing it purely off the football field, I still have Dareus edging out Fairley.

First of all, Dareus is a more proven commodity. He's not a one year wonder. He's been dominant for 2 years straight, and the performance he put on against Texas in the national championship game where he won MVP, was one of the best defensive performances I've seen in the title game since Dwayne Goodrich shut down Peter Warrick one-on-one. Dareus was an absolute terror.

Dareus was also the MVP of the Capital One Bowl against Michigan St. in my opinion... he was his same, dominant self. Unblockable.

Fairley can single handedly take over a game just like Dareus can, but Fairley also disappears in games. You won't see that out of Dareus, if you pay attention, Dareus is a factor in some form on ever single snap he's on the field.

Also, I think Dareus is more versatile. He can play head up, or he can play a shade technique. Dareus can be disruptive and destroy one-on-one blocking if you ask him to, be disruptive by defeating double teams if you ask him to, or he can be unselfish and remain disciplined while playing 2-gaps.

I don't think Fairley is that disciplined, or that unselfish. But I do think Fairley defeats double teams with ease, it's the plays off that he takes you have to worry about.

Bottom line is, I think Dareus is a better prospect, and is going to make a better pro... thus, he's the #1 DT on my board, Fairley is #2.

Comment

Wow I am SHOCKED you have Quinn over both Fairley and Bowers. Both will almost undoubtedly go before him, didnt miss a year, and looked truly dominant at times this year. Ive very rarely seen Quinn absolutely dominate a game like Fairley did against Oregon.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I agree, Fairley is the better player IMO from what I observed, and if he's a one year wonder I hope he ends up on 1 of my teams while some teams pass. I love his meanness and he's pretty close to Suh in ability. Now I don't pretend to know his character issues right now but on football ability alone, he's the better prospect.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Love it! Thanks for the hard work, fellas!

/scared that Aldon Smith will not be close to being there for my Bucs @ 20.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

The front page has been very active so far this year. Keep up the good work!

How would Justin Blackmon fit into the WR rankings had he come out?

Comment

Originally posted by PhinPhan View Post
                            The front page has been very active so far this year. Keep up the good work!

How would Justin Blackmon fit into the WR rankings had he come out?
                            Not trying to speak on Scott's behalf but I would assume he would of been #3.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              I'm a huge fan of the draft but not an expert. With that being said, Blackmon impressed me this year more than Green and Jones did. How far off the bulls eye am I with that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                You got it!

Working on getting those typos on Watt and Newton fixed as well...
                                Scott Wright, President
                                Draft Countdown.com
                                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information