Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Andy Dalton Jump Into the First Round?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Andy Dalton Jump Into the First Round?

Everyone who watched TCU this season (so basically every college football fan) is high on this kid. Now Mayock appears to be singing his praises as well. And rightfully so.

-Accurate
    -Athletic/mobile
    -Good decision-maker
    -Leader
    -Football IQ
    -Proven winner
    -Stronger arm than previously thought

The only glaring weakness is the color of his hair.

He's got the Senior Bowl to keep his momentum going.

The consensus here seems to be 2nd-3rd round (I think mid-2nd AT LEAST with the QB demand) so who thinks he can Joe Flacco/Jason Campbell his way into the first round?
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

If he outplays Locker, I say yes. He's really gotta display that supposedly better than previously thought arm all week. But if he does and if Locker really screws up...I don't see why a team wouldn't move him up from the 2nd-3rd round range ahead of guys like Locker and Stanzi and right into the Seahawks lap. I think Carroll would rather have the Pac-10 guy though. If Locker drops to Seattle I think its a done deal regardless of what either do in Mobile. Locker = excitement and ticket sales in Seattle...dream scenario.

Comment

I, for one, hope he can. Two points here. #1...all the QBs rated in the first round have serious question marks around them. #2...I'd love any guy to slip into the first round at QB, that'll allow another prospect to slip further down the round closer to where my team is picking.
      "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

He'll need a huge week at Mobile. I honestly think it is more likely one or two of the "Big 4" QBs fall out of the first than Dalton making it 5 in the first.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

He's an interesting guy, first round seems like a stretch though unless someone's trading up.

It's funny, when he was a younger player, I saw him as a guy that had really good arm power but struggled with his accuracy and changing speed on this throws. He's really developed as a passer over his career. Still probably could use work on mechanics and the offense he's coming from is kinda gimmicky. But that's sort of nitpicking, there's a lot to like about him. I like his chances of developing into a starter more than Kaepernick's.
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by ellsy82 View Post
            I, for one, hope he can. Two points here. #1...all the QBs rated in the first round have serious question marks around them. #2...I'd love any guy to slip into the first round at QB, that'll allow another prospect to slip further down the round closer to where my team is picking.

ooooooo, look at me, I'm a fan of a team with a quarterback - lar-dee-dar!

:P

Comment

Don't know about first round. Seems like he might have a lot of good upside based on what I've heard. Wouldn't mind the 49ers taking a shot at him in the middle rounds.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Andy Dalton is a slightly bigger but not quite as good Colt McCoy. Colt was getting some 1st round talk but ended up going in the 3rd. I expect a similar result for Dalton.

Comment

So often it seems that evaluating a QB comes down to gut feeling. Dalton has enough going for him to make it in the NFL as a starter, but is he a guy that impresses people as capable of developing into a pro-bowl type player??

I don't see that. But I don't really ever see that with most QB prospects, unless they have all world tools.

Did Rodgers profile as the player he is today?? Physically, I don't see much difference between the two as college players.

32 picks in the first round, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Dalton sneak into the back end.

Comment

I think he can, he's the best QB in this class.
                    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Hype train is starting to roll. I thought that Jim Harbaugh might dust off this gem in the mid-rounds but he might be climbing quickly.

Comment

Ponder and Harbaugh would make a great fit, in my opinion.
                        FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Originally posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
                          Ponder and Harbaugh would make a great fit, in my opinion.
                          Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton all fit.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton all fit.
                            Dalton won't because he'll be in Jacksonville.
                            FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

I don't see first round. First round is for franchise QBs and I don't think anyone sees Dalton as a franchise QB. Maybe a guy you take in round 3 and hope develops into a franchise QB, but not a guy you spend your most premium pick on.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information