Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances that Amukamara Falls Out of the Top 10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances that Amukamara Falls Out of the Top 10?

This is an absolute pipe dream on my part because I'd love for him to fall to the Rams (not going to happen especially with Houston ahead of us) but is there any chance he slides out of the top ten? The last stand would be by Dallas at #9 but perhaps they address their defensive line instead?

This could also address whether or not anyone feels as if he is worth a top ten pick as well. I haven't really seen a lot of him because I figure the Rams wouldn't have a chance at him but I've seen some various mock drafts with him at our pick so I'd like to gauge his prospects.

Dallas very much so needs an upgrade over Terrence Newman who is aging. Mike Jenkins was getting exposed this year by numerous WRs *notable Kenny Britt.

No chance he falls past Dallas especially due to the fact they miss out on PP.

Rams dream choice should be Julio Jones, but I can see Cleveland snatching him up, so you may have to settle for Baldwin.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

If both Jones and Amukamara are on the board, my choice would be Amukamara. I just wanted to gauge the chances of him being there or falling out of the top ten. In a scenario where he's gone and Jones gets past Cleveland, Julio Jones will be a Ram unless we decide to pass on him. The next logical threat to take him would be Washington but I really think they're going to go QB at #10 unless they make a move before the draft. Shanahan needs his "guy" and I believe they'll take either Gabbert or Locker at their spot leaving Julio Jones for us, if we so choose to take him.

Comment

Julio is yours to have IF Cleveland passes him up. I see no way of you getting Amukamara unless you trade up before Dallas. It would be pointless when Bradford needs a deep-threat.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

When Dallas signs Asomugha, they will pass on Prince and draft Von Miller

Comment

I think there is an legitimate, yet outside chance he falls out of the top 8, especially if two quarterbacks go that high. At that point, there will be a bidding war for his services as Houston, Detroit, St. Louis and others jockey for position to get one of the steals of the first round. IMO, no way he falls out of the top ten.

Comment

If he makes it out of the top 10, which is not as unlikely as you may think... and he survives Houston... I will have a hard time seeing him get past Detroit. I would imagine they would be running to the podium to make that pick.

Comment

F***, I forgot about Detroit. And so my man crush on Amukamara ends at a record low four hours. No point in even getting my hopes up for something that has no shot of happening.

Comment

I think he'll wind up being drafted between the 8th and 13th pick. There is a small chance he falls to the Rams though.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    When Dallas signs Asomugha, they will pass on Prince and draft Von Miller
                    Boy what a dream come true that would be for you guys to drop a mint on Nnamdi and then reach for Miller at #9 :)

I sure hope either of them can play OL for ya

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                    2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
                      F***, I forgot about Detroit. And so my man crush on Amukamara ends at a record low four hours. No point in even getting my hopes up for something that has no shot of happening.
                      No one said Orakpo would make it to #13 either so there is always hope.

2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Bald_81 View Post
                        If both Jones and Amukamara are on the board, my choice would be Amukamara. I just wanted to gauge the chances of him being there or falling out of the top ten. In a scenario where he's gone and Jones gets past Cleveland, Julio Jones will be a Ram unless we decide to pass on him. The next logical threat to take him would be Washington but I really think they're going to go QB at #10 unless they make a move before the draft. Shanahan needs his "guy" and I believe they'll take either Gabbert or Locker at their spot leaving Julio Jones for us, if we so choose to take him.
                        Shanahan needs to be wowed by a QB to justify taking one. WR,LB,DL are the front runners. Im pulling for Jones because I dont think Quinn will be there at #10 and Miller isn't a top 10 or even 15 value. Fairley will be gone. I think it will come down to Quinn(if he falls), Darues and Jones. Im pulling for Jones personally so we shall see.

Comment

There's only been one CB picked in the top 10 of the last 5 drafts, so, yes, it's definitely a possibility just due to positional value.

Comment

I think Amukamara will fall. I honestly don't get the hype.

He's not physical enough against the run, has serious problems defending big WR's, is not very good down the field, and doesn't bump-and-run very well.

He's a good CB. 1st round talent. But I wouldn't take him in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                              Dallas very much so needs an upgrade over Terrence Newman who is aging. Mike Jenkins was getting exposed this year by numerous WRs *notable Kenny Britt.

No chance he falls past Dallas especially due to the fact they miss out on PP.

Rams dream choice should be Julio Jones, but I can see Cleveland snatching him up, so you may have to settle for Baldwin.
                              The Kenny Britt does that to everyone though. :D
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information