Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Regarding the Senior Bowl Observations...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think Colin Kaepernick is Michael Vick or Randall Cunningham, you are going to be sorely mistaken.

And I'll make a prediction right now, he's going to have a good game. Just like Michael Robinson, Kaep will run a lot, make a few good passes and we will get criticized even more. That's fine, but he has been up and down all week. Poor pass, poor pass, great pass. Listen to the podcast today, I explain exactly what I am seeing and where he is faltering here. Guy is talented, no doubt. If he is developed correctly, could be a beast, but there is a lot more to go.

Scott also addresses this in his blog here: http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...-Bowl-Blog.php

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
      If you think Colin Kaepernick is Michael Vick or Randall Cunningham, you are going to be sorely mistaken.

And I'll make a prediction right now, he's going to have a good game. Just like Michael Robinson, Kaep will run a lot, make a few good passes and we will get criticized even more. That's fine, but he has been up and down all week. Poor pass, poor pass, great pass. Listen to the podcast today, I explain exactly what I am seeing and where he is faltering here. Guy is talented, no doubt. If he is developed correctly, could be a beast, but there is a lot more to go.

Scott also addresses this in his blog here: http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...-Bowl-Blog.php
      The Cunningham comparison is actually a fair one. Cunningham was bought along slowly for 2 years and didn't take over the reigns until year 3.

Good QBs don't lose.

If he was that terrible of a prospect, Nevada wouldn't have won as many games. The kid can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
        I noted for most of the week that Locker was struggling with his accuracy...

As for Kaepernick, I don't know what people are seeing there. I stood there for 15 minutes today and watched him throw one bad ball after another with that sketchy throwing motion. Over heads, in the dirt, etc. I guarantee that kid won't be a successful NFL quarterback.
        Don't ignore 4 years of game film for a week of practice... Good QBs don't lose.

Comment

Well, I think everyone in this situation is right, in their own way.

All of these players are prospects, which taken in a literal since of the word, which i assume it is, is something with the possibility of future success.

Now, to some, Colin may be a great prospect (high possibility), and to others, a not so great prospect (low possibility).

Just like the '49ers, the actual 49er's, they're taking a chance on the prospect, hoping that in the end they end up with something golden.

Because it's a game of possibilities, then you have different opinions of how much potential each person has, kind of like the potential between each plot of land in California to have the potential for gold.

That's just my two cents, and if it is completely off the mark, then I misunderstood the point of this thread, and I'm sorry.

Cheers.

Comment

Color me crazy, but I still really like CK for some reason or another. Mostly because he seems like a real nice kid and has a quarterback personality, unlike a lot of dual threat quarterbacks. The release bothers me a lot more now that I've seen it up close for an extended amount of time, but I don't think it's a death sentence. He should be able to come into the NFL and be Brad Smith for a few years and maybe develop into something more.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by sportslover View Post
              Watch the practices and Scott is mainly right. When Mayock is talking he is talking more about Kaepernick's great talent but the reason Scott is knocking him is because of his throwing motion and accuracy and when Mayock gets finished with talking about his talent, he always mentions both the things Scott discusses.
              I've been watching all week. Kaepernick is without a doubt the best QB on the field. He is also the most accurate. Check every other site and they are raving about him. (possible exception of McShay on espn who is still pimping Locker) I have to question the hidden agenda on this board. If you are really seeing things as you are reporting them, then you shouldn't be in this business.

Comment

Originally posted by Keep it real View Post
                I've been watching all week. Kaepernick is without a doubt the best QB on the field. He is also the most accurate. Check every other site and they are raving about him. (possible exception of McShay on espn who is still pimping Locker) I have to question the hidden agenda on this board. If you are really seeing things as you are reporting them, then you shouldn't be in this business.
                I agree... But I do find that on MOST media outlets they have an agenda... But to the defense of DC.. a lot of the people on message boards just repeat what they heard off of one of the major networks.

People have to just learn to watch the tape and "Trust what you see"

Comment

Originally posted by Rashaan Salaam View Post
                  Don't ignore 4 years of game film for a week of practice... Good QBs don't lose.
                  Don't know how this was a reply to Scott's post but it's still worth quoting because it's absolutely true and important.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    I noted for most of the week that Locker was struggling with his accuracy...

As for Kaepernick, I don't know what people are seeing there. I stood there for 15 minutes today and watched him throw one bad ball after another with that sketchy throwing motion. Over heads, in the dirt, etc. I guarantee that kid won't be a successful NFL quarterback.
                    He Scott, when you get a chance, please check your e-mail for a question I posed to you.
                    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Rashaan Salaam View Post
                      Matt Leinart?

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                        Matt Leinart?
                        He wasn't that good to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                          Matt Leinart?
                          We can ask the same question about Ken Dorsey, Matt Flynn, and Chris Weinke (can't remember who the Ohio St. QB was). Those guys were the QBs of excellent teams, but they were more or less caretakers. Caretakers might eventually be backups in the NFL. But I think if a college team's entire chance of success rides solely on the shoulders of a QB, meaning HE IS THE TEAM and that team is successful, then I think that QB has a shot at the NFL no matter what his poor qualities are.

This is why Ty Detmer was able to play so long in the NFL despite not having many/any NFL tools except work ethic and accuracy. Ty Detmer was his team. Roethlisberger was his team, so was Rivers, Matt Ryan was his team... these teams don't have anywhere close to the success they had with an average player at QB. I might feel differently towards CK if he was more of a Colt Brennan/Graham Harrell-type John Stockton point guard that merely executed long handoffs 0-10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This is why I believe CK will be successful, he was able to beat good teams by going down the field, by using his athleticism.

One thing that is really the great equalizer is the two-minute drill. All QBs everntually have to execute it and you can't execute a good one by dinking and dunking the whole time, a QB needs to push it down the field and no matter what system a guy is in, the plays are all very similar. Kaepernick was able to execute, Cam Newton was able to execute. This tells me that these guys have the tools to be NFL QBs. This doesn't mean they will but it means they are starting off with the tools they need to succeed.

Matt Leinart was basically the caretaker of a great USC team. He had a great OL, great WRs, and fantastic RBs...he was a lefthanded Ken Dorsey. I never saw what everybody else saw in him.

I know some people really slam small-school QBs but I'm more leery of the large school QBs. Of course the QBs coming from the big schools will have great stats and be able to throw down the field, they are getting blocked for by great players, throwing to great players, it isn't that hard to look good. It's the guys that DON'T play with a lot of talent around them and still produce that have a better shot at the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
                            We can ask the same question about Ken Dorsey, Matt Flynn, and Chris Weinke (can't remember who the Ohio St. QB was). Those guys were the QBs of excellent teams, but they were more or less caretakers. Caretakers might eventually be backups in the NFL. But I think if a college team's entire chance of success rides solely on the shoulders of a QB, meaning HE IS THE TEAM and that team is successful, then I think that QB has a shot at the NFL no matter what his poor qualities are.

This is why Ty Detmer was able to play so long in the NFL despite not having many/any NFL tools except work ethic and accuracy. Ty Detmer was his team. Roethlisberger was his team, so was Rivers, Matt Ryan was his team... these teams don't have anywhere close to the success they had with an average player at QB. I might feel differently towards CK if he was more of a Colt Brennan/Graham Harrell-type John Stockton point guard that merely executed long handoffs 0-10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This is why I believe CK will be successful, he was able to beat good teams by going down the field, by using his athleticism.

One thing that is really the great equalizer is the two-minute drill. All QBs everntually have to execute it and you can't execute a good one by dinking and dunking the whole time, a QB needs to push it down the field and no matter what system a guy is in, the plays are all very similar. Kaepernick was able to execute, Cam Newton was able to execute. This tells me that these guys have the tools to be NFL QBs. This doesn't mean they will but it means they are starting off with the tools they need to succeed.

Matt Leinart was basically the caretaker of a great USC team. He had a great OL, great WRs, and fantastic RBs...he was a lefthanded Ken Dorsey. I never saw what everybody else saw in him.

I know some people really slam small-school QBs but I'm more leery of the large school QBs. Of course the QBs coming from the big schools will have great stats and be able to throw down the field, they are getting blocked for by great players, throwing to great players, it isn't that hard to look good. It's the guys that DON'T play with a lot of talent around them and still produce that have a better shot at the NFL.
                            *standing ovation*

This is true... Always Trust what you see! I know I keep saying that..but, its SO critical

Comment

Also, Ken Dorsey was better than Matt Leinart.

Comment

NFL people are now saying that Colin Kaepernick has been impressive this week, some saying that he's outperformed Jake Locker...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-like-climb/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information