Anyone Got An Opinion On Missouri DE / OLB Aldon Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Got An Opinion On Missouri DE / OLB Aldon Smith

So far after the little footage I have seen and a few full games he is my favorite 3-4 rusher prospect in this draft. Has a great swim move and is quick as hell. I like Robert Quinn and Von Miller as well but this guy just seems like the one with the best chance to be a legit 12-14 sack candidate at the next level.

Here's some quick videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSG8ETv7_ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyDr...eature=related

Yes, I do. Aldon is a stupid name.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Flenderson View Post
      Yes, I do. Aldon is a stupid name.
      Tremendous add to the discussion.

Comment

I really like Smith, he is one guy who I think could be very successful in a 3-4 or 4-3. He would be great for a team like Tampa as a RE but I also would love the Pats to give him a look as an outside linebacker. He has a long frame and is athletic but he isn't just a wire, he has some strength to him. I'm a pretty big fan of Smith.

BTW you have an awesome username.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post

BTW you have an awesome username.
          Ole Miss fan, eh? Big thanks to your program for producing most dominating ILB in football.... Patrick has been one of the few reasons why I still watched Niner games these past few years...

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
            Tremendous add to the discussion.
            Addition. And I do try my very hardest. :-)

Comment

Tremendous player for Missouri. I think he has the most potential of any Defensive End in this draft class. In my opinion he's a 4-3 Defensive End, not a 3-4 outside line backer, which I'm sure many people are going to want to see if he can play that position.

Played in a 4-3 at Missouri and coach Steckel used him in a variety of ways, moving him inside, moving him to the right, to the left. Most teams are probably going to want him to add some weight, has a variety of pass rushing moves.

Broke his leg this year, came back 4 weeks later and helped Missouri beat the #1 ranked team in the country, getting multiple Quarterback pressures and an interception. I could see him running the 40-yard dash in 4.60-4.65

Comment

Woot! Patrick Willis is at SWDC. Holla!
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

looks a lot like jason pierre paul

Comment

Two DL guys I'm very weary of...Allen Bailey and Aldon Smith...Bailey because I think Cameron Jordan is the prospect everyone seems to think Bailey is...Smith because he came out as a junior with his stock at an all time high.

He's a very talented player...beyond that we'll have to see...Personally I hope he blows up at combine so that he helps the fall of Cameron Heyward to the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      Tremendous player for Missouri. I think he has the most potential of any Defensive End in this draft class. In my opinion he's a 4-3 Defensive End, not a 3-4 outside line backer, which I'm sure many people are going to want to see if he can play that position.

Played in a 4-3 at Missouri and coach Steckel used him in a variety of ways, moving him inside, moving him to the right, to the left. Most teams are probably going to want him to add some weight, has a variety of pass rushing moves.

Broke his leg this year, came back 4 weeks later and helped Missouri beat the #1 ranked team in the country, getting multiple Quarterback pressures and an interception. I could see him running the 40-yard dash in 4.60-4.65
                      You don't think he has the ability to drop into zone coverage to make him a 3-4 OLB? I think it would take time, but athletically, he's a freak. And the most important attribute in a 3-4 OLB is ability to rush the passer. I guess we'll see.

Comment

I think he is more of a polished DE than Paul was.

Comment

He sounds great but with his injury this year and going back to his freshman tape is not as much film scouts would like and coming in only as a So with very little experience and being so young going into the NFL off field....but who knows he might be that guy that can do it....and I guess the question is do you take a chance in the top half of round one? I know BB won't...for me atleast I will hold out for the combine to see if he can go backwards smoothly and hear how the interviews go
                          Last edited by RWills; 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM.
                          Patriots Draft 2015
                          1. CB - Marcus Peters
                          2. WR - Sammie Coates
                          3. RB - David Johnson
                          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                          4. OG - Tre Jackson
                          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                          5. LB - Ben Heeney
                          6. TE - Wes Saxton
                          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Raw as a sushi roll

Comment

Aldon has high potential to be an outstanding 3-4 WOLB. Rushing off the edge would be his strength but not pass coverage. I question his strength or attempt to bullrush an NFL tackle though. He does need to bulk up a bit and get stronger. He's got really long arms which helps him when trying to strip QBs (Derrick Thomas/Tamba Hali style)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information