Casey Matthews Overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey Matthews Overrated?

I really don't see what others see in this guy.
    He isn't a physical specimen. He struggles to get off blocks. He isn't great in special teams. He isn't very good in coverage. There are several other LBs with his leadership skills (with better skills in these other areas). He isn't a sure tackler either.

It seems to me that the only thing he has on guys like Mason Foster is a name.

pretty much. Everyone knows he is not his brother. Getting by on name, and just always going 110.

Comment

Some people on these boards said Clay Matthews Jr was an overrated walk-on who got by on his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
        Some people on these boards said Clay Matthews Jr was an overrated walk-on who got by on his name.
        Which has literally nothing to do with Casey Matthews.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
          Which has literally nothing to do with Casey Matthews.
          ^ mad because he was probably one of the people who said that. :0

Comment

You draft him on the third day, and he probably makes the team as a special teamer. Maybe he blooms into a player, but probably not. That's about where I am on Casey Matthews.

Though I have to admit, it boiled my blood every time the NFLN coverage pointed out "Clay Matthews Sr."... the current Green Bay Packer OLB is the third Clay Matthews, his father is the second Clay Matthews (hence Jr.), his father (born in 1928) is Clay Matthews Sr. Why does everybody have so much trouble counting Matthews?

Comment

He'll be overdrafted a bit because of his bloodlines, but I really don't think he's overrated. Third or fourth round is about the right place for him. Limited player, but he can compile tackles by reading plays right. There's places for guys like that in the NFL.

Foster is on a completely different level than him. Agree with that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I don't think he's necessarily overrated... I don't think many have him rated very highly. Obviously he isn't his brother.. though some are making the case that Brooks Reed might be. Casey and Clay play very different games and are physically different as well (you can tell big bro Clay would often steal Casey's food when he was growing up.. and his Flintstone's Chewables----the Hulkster made him do it).

Casey looks and plays like a 4th-5th round pick, he could go as high as round 4, he could go undrafted.

I don't think Kevin Matthews was overrated as an OC... was he even drafted last season? He made the Titans though, I think.

Comment

I think he was underrated. Now he's about where he should be. He'll become a very good player in the NFL in some capacity.

Comment

I think he is a special teams guy/backup. Nothing more.

Comment

It's the hair.

Comment

I love me some MATTHEWS!!! You can never have enough MATTHEWS at the party, baby!

He may not end up a star, but I think he will work his way into a starting lineup by the end of THIS season. Being Bloodlines' little bro is probably going to push him to max out earlier then he would if Clay was just an average joe...
                        Skins 2012 Mock, Baby!

1- RG3!!! (QB, Baylor)
                        3- Nigel Bradham (OLB, FSU)
                        4- Brandon Washington (G, Miami)
                        4- Matt McCants (T, UAB)
                        5- Brandon Hardin (FS, Or St)
                        6- Andrew Datko (T, FSU)
                        7- Edwin Baker (Mich St)

2012...RGIII...Welcome to DC!!!!

Comment

People were saying he was a better prospect than Mason Foster so yes he was overrated.

Comment

^ mad because he was probably one of the people who said that. :0
                            I really don't know much about Casey Matthews besides what I have seen in the 2 or 3 Oregon games I have seen this year. I was just pointing it out.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I wonder if it would damage the "poor little Clay Matthews walk-on to all-pro" story if people knew that he was an excellent high school player that had at least one offer for football but because his daddy played in the NFL and could afford sending his son to wherever he wanted to go so he chose USC?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information