To the Jake Locker Fan Base.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Jake Locker Fan Base.....

...how much more proof do you need that he isn't a top tier QB prospect? I mean, seriously. Now that the senior bowl practice is over, are you going to tell us to wait until the combine?
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
    ...how much more proof do you need that he isn't a top tier QB prospect? I mean, seriously. Now that the senior bowl practice is over, are you going to tell us to wait until the combine?
    him flaming out of nfl, then i'll believe it.

Comment

I ask the same thing.

Comment

Scott mentioned on a podcast that there will still be a team that has him top 15, another as a 3rd and the rest in the middle.

Comment

No more proof. I have maintained if he didn't have a good Senior Bowl he's not a first round pick and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

He has been very unimpressive so far. By unimpressive, I mean he doesn't stick out like a top QB prospect should stick out. I'd still like to see how he does in the game, and I'd probably even give him the benefit of doubt at the combine and Pro Day, but I still doubt my opinion of Jake Locker will change.

I don't see how people ever saw 1st round potential in him... even in his Junior year, I was very unimpressed.

Comment

I thought I heard that he got a second round grade from the draft advisory board last year...did I make that up?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                I thought I heard that he got a second round grade from the draft advisory board last year...did I make that up?
                Those guys are pretty spot on. Vernon Gholston was given a 3rd round grade, even though he was drafted in the top 5. He was really a 3rd talent.

Comment

What exactly does it mean to be a "Jake Locker fan". I personally think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB if he's handled with care and hooks up with a good QB guru, but fully admit that he'll likely be overdrafted because there are so many holes where quarterbacks should be in NFL rosters. If he can end up somewhere where he gets to sit for a couple of years, he could easily be the best QB of this class.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    Those guys are pretty spot on. Vernon Gholston was given a 3rd round grade, even though he was drafted in the top 5. He was really a 3rd talent.
                    Yet people talk crap about them all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      you should ask the people that keep saying alex smith will be good

Comment

He's all athlete. His accuracy is round 7 quality. The only reason there is hype is the strength of his arm and his running ability, 2 of the least important skills of a quarterback. He will bust, I can guarantee that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          No more proof. I have maintained if he didn't have a good Senior Bowl he's not a first round pick and I'm sticking with it.
                          When he gets picked in the first i'll let you back in the boat, even though i shouldnt.

Comment

He had an up and down week, not a bad one. I don't think he's a top ten value or even top fifteen value, but it's not like we went out there and **** the bed. He had two very good days, one mediocre one, and one bad one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
                              He's all athlete. His accuracy is round 7 quality. The only reason there is hype is the strength of his arm and his running ability, 2 of the least important skills of a quarterback. He will bust, I can guarantee that.
                              You can't say arm strength is one of the least important skills to a quarterback. That simply isn't true. People have begun to underrate arm strength because of guys like Jamarcus and Kyle Boller. The thing is, the difference between having an A+ and a B to B+ NFL arm isn't all that significant in having NFL success. The difference between having a B+ arm compared to a C to C+ arm is very significant. There are no successful/above average QB's who don't have the ability to consistently make all the throws.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information