Colin Kaepernick: Your Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87Canes View Post
    Thank you! The pic was both CK and the receivers fault.
    Right, the TE (Mike McNeil) had the ball hit both hands, he didn't jump, he reached up and handed it to the defense. The ball was thrown 20 yards downfield and hit the TE slightly above head level on both hands... sorry, that's the receiver's fault everytime and everyday of the week.

Comment

I think he goes in the mid to late 2nd, maybe higher if he continues to look better at the combine

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I havent got caught too much up in the Kaepernick talk because I hadn't seen enough of him. But after seeing more through watching highlights of practices and the game at the senior bowl, and reading some reports on him Im worried about him as a prospect. QB is the one position where it is more about technique and smarts than anything else. As an athlete he looks the part. Big, tall guy with a very strong arm. But his throwing motion is elongated and I don't like his footwork in the pocket and I think he tries to run too often.Im not ruling him out to be successful in the NFL but any team that drafts him higher than the third and expects him to be the starter early will be disappointed.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I have to lol at the love Kaepernick is getting on here. I really don't see it. If you think Colin Kaepernick is a better QB prospect than Jake Locker...PM me. I've got some gold I'm trying to sell.
          Last edited by JPP90; 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

CP is a 3rd Round prospect at this point ... I've seen some people say he's a late 1st Rounder which is not likely at all and for good reason ...

Comment

Originally posted by SRogers92 View Post
              CP is a 3rd Round prospect at this point ... I've seen some people say he's a late 1st Rounder which is not likely at all and for good reason ...
              At the end of the day I think Dalton will even go ahead of him. Its a drop-back passer league and Kaepernick isn't a drop-back passer, and his delivery is really going to bother people too.

Comment

I like Kaepernick as a guy that can maybe develop into a player down the road, but 1st round talk is crazy. They guy might creep into the 3rd.

I don't buy the Tebow comparison also. Tebow also played top competition and was a proven leader. I'm not saying that CK isn't but Tebow was a exemplary player in that regard.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by SRogers92 View Post
                  He's too accurate? Too hard working? Too smart? He's a way more polished product than CK. Way more. Sure, he struggles with deep accuracy. However, CP is a prototypical WCO QB.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                    I don't buy the Tebow comparison also. Tebow also played top competition and was a proven leader. I'm not saying that CK isn't but Tebow was a exemplary player in that regard.
                    So are you insinuating that a guy can't be a proven leader if he doesn't play in the SEC? He's a four year starter and by everybody's accounts he legitimately loves football as much as anybody and is an extremely affable and charismatic young man.

The level of competition thing is absolutely true, but I firmly believe that Kaepernick has every bit as much of a chance to succeed in the NFL as Tebow. But in the interest of full disclosure, I never would have drafted Tebow in the first round either.

Comment

To be honest, if you break them down physically and how they play the game, there's not much difference between CK and Newton as QBs, and I say that as a compliment to both, ( guys I expect to eventually get it done in a big way at the next level).

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                        At the end of the day I think Dalton will even go ahead of him. Its a drop-back passer league and Kaepernick isn't a drop-back passer, and his delivery is really going to bother people too.
                        Yes, the league is going more now to the dropback passers...that's why the Bradys and Mannings are dinosaurs at this point (they are great but they don't move their feet). Considering the Jets shutdown both in the playoffs and lost to the one mobile guy, OCs will be looking for guys that can move their feet even more. I guess that's why the 2 starting QBs in the Super Bowl were considered dropback passers, right?

You're wrong, teams want QBs that can move their feet, throw on the run. And if history has proven one thing, it's that young QBs that can move around have more success early than the ones that don't.

So if CK goes 2nd round, and you think Andy Dalton goes before him.... you're thinking Dalton is a 1st rounder? Based on what? His ability to manage a game? He doesn't have the tools a team would want to spend a reasonably high pick on him.
                        Last edited by brasho; 01-31-2011, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                          I like Kaepernick as a guy that can maybe develop into a player down the road, but 1st round talk is crazy. They guy might creep into the 3rd.

Right, and playing the top level of competition is the most important attribute in a QB prospect. That's why guys like Roethlisberger, Flacco, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, and Matt Cassell (didn't play ANY competition in college because he never started a game) suck and always will while guys like Ryan Leaf, Ken Dorsey, Troy Smith, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Chris Leak, Quincy Carter, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, and Matt Leinart are the best. Level of competition is a tired and pointless argument. 30% of Super Bowl QBs played in what is considered lesser conferences or divisions of football. If anything history has proven, is that if a guy can play football against lower competition and can get himself in the NFL, he has a higher percentage chance of success compared to the ones from the major conferences (percentage wise).
                          Last edited by brasho; 01-31-2011, 06:09 AM.

Comment

There has only been 52 QBs to start Super Bowls, of the ones I listed, all played at schools as small (football-wise) or smaller than Nevada... and there were 15 QBs listed.... so that means nearly 30% of all SB QBs were from schools smaller than Nevada.... I think the "small-school" argument can be laid to rest once and for all.

Kurt Warner, Northern Iowa

Phil Simms, Morehouse

Doug Williams, Grambling

Roetthlisberger's got two, maybe three from Miami, OH

Roger Staubach, Navy

Terry Bradshaw, tiny little Louisiana Tech

Jim McMahon, BYU

Steve Young, BYU

Brett Favre, Southern Miss

Which one of these schools was a football factory?

then there were some Super Bowl losers:

Steve McNair was 2 yards from a win, Alcorn St.

Jake Delhomme Louisiana Lafayette

Ron Jaworski, Youngstown St.

Rich Gannon, Delaware

Stan Humphries, NE Louisiana

Ken Anderson, Augustana

Can we lay the small-school nonsense to rest once and for all?

Comment

I think the Tebow comparison is apt, because Tebow had no business going in the first round. McDaniels was an idiot and I've yet to meet a Broncos fan who wouldn't agree.

One thing about Kaepernick - he'll have to make his money as a passer and nothing else. His speed is pure straight-line speed - he's not actually particularly agile and seems a little tight-hipped. Takes some time getting up to full speed and doesn't seem to move easily from sideline to sideline. Not a Mike Vick by any means.

Comment

I think the buzz Kaepernick generated at the senior bowl has made him a second round pick. It will be interesting to see how he performs at the combine.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information