Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado

What do you guys think of him? 6 foot 2 205 is a big CB. Espn Scouts Inc now has him 12 on there top 32. I don't know anything about him at all. Hook me up with the scoop!

Poor mans Charles Woodson

Takes a lot of gambles, very athletic but LAZY. Has terrible technique because he looks like he doesn't even want to be on the field.

If a DB coach can get him to straighten up, he'll be a late round steal.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Canes View Post
      Poor mans Charles Woodson

Takes a lot of gambles, very athletic but LAZY. Has terrible technique because he looks like he doesn't even want to be on the field.

If a DB coach can get him to straighten up, he'll be a late round steal.
      ??

He'll probably go early to mid second, no way he falls down to the late rounds.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
        ??

He'll probably go early to mid second, no way he falls down to the late rounds.
        3rd round pick - Late round to me is anything after 2 but I agree he could sneak up into rd 2.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
          What do you guys think of him? 6 foot 2 205 is a big CB. Espn Scouts Inc now has him 12 on there top 32. I don't know anything about him at all. Hook me up with the scoop!
          not surprised. will not be surprised when he goes that high, either

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
            not surprised. will not be surprised when he goes that high, either
            No way he goes in the top 20

Comment

you dont skip the senior bowl without a good reason

i bet smith had a good reason.

Comment

Jimmy Smith could go anywhere from 13-40. My guess is somewhere in between. Not to be this guy, but I've been really high on him for months now and have had him ranked neck and neck with Prince. Stupid ESPN, making me look bad.

Comment

First time I watched some highlights of J-Smith I was like daaaaaaaamn kid can play but his work ethic is terrible. That cold be attributed to a terrible Colorado football program too...

Comment

He has been my #3 CB for some time now, since Jenkins didnt come out. IMO he is a top 15 pick(likely going to Detroit who will be out of reach of PP and Amukamara). 6'2 205lbs 4.4 speed, I think he can be a Nnamdi Asomugha-lite type player who doesnt make alot of huge plays, but does jam his WR and gives up no big plays.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Looks to me like he knows how to play C2 and that's it... we'll see.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                        Looks to me like he knows how to play C2 and that's it... we'll see.
                        Except for the fact that he plays press-man the majority of the time...

Comment

He's going to go late second round but maybe in that 33-46 range if he has a solid combine and workout.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Canes View Post
                            First time I watched some highlights of J-Smith I was like daaaaaaaamn kid can play but his work ethic is terrible. That cold be attributed to a terrible Colorado football program too...
                            How can you conclude anything about his work ethic from highlights?

Comment

My notes after watching 3 games in '10......

Pros:
                              Good closing speed, has ability to turn and run with receivers.
                              Looks smooth and fluid for his size when flipping his hips in coverage.
                              Maintains solid leverage on the WR when in man coverage.
                              Uses his hands well at the LOS when playing bump and run.

Cons:
                              Not a good tackler, and doesn't show a lot of initiative in run support.
                              Doesn't play with great technique and at times gets high in his backpedal.
                              Doesn't give maximum effort on every play
                              Isn't a playmaker at the position
                              Ball skills leave something to be desired.

Mid 2nd round pick to me. If someone reaches for him I just hope it isn't the Lions.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information