I like McElroy the Most Out of All the QB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like McElroy the Most Out of All the QB's

His accuracy, poise, footwork, and efficiency make him my favorite quarterback prospect. I love his zip on intermediate routes and his touch on shorter routes. His size is just fine at 6-3 225. His natural leadership and success as a "winner" don't hurt either. There is not a whole lot he lacks in his arsenal in my opinion.

As far as elite arm strength goes, lacking it is not a concern of mine. His arm is good enough for the NFL level and that is all that I am concerned about.

The fact that he is left out of first round discussion is puzzling.
    Crosby vs Ovechkin

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.

He's not physically gifted enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
      He's not physically gifted enough.
      What is he lacking?
      Crosby vs Ovechkin

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.

Comment

I'm a fan myself. He comes across really well in his interviews too. I think he can be a starter in the NFL one day. I'm certainly not going to be the guy who bets against him.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimetimeTheDon View Post
          What is he lacking?
          More strength/size/etc...maybe he can get coached up in the league...I like him enough and I think he comes from a good NFL player producing program.

Comment

What is he lacking?
            Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Everything.
              Intelligent.

Comment

His accuracy, poise, footwork, and efficiency make him my favorite quarterback prospect. I love his zip on intermediate routes and his touch on shorter routes. His size is just fine at 6-3 225. His natural leadership and success as a "winner" don't hurt either. There is not a whole lot he lacks in his arsenal in my opinion.

As far as elite arm strength goes, lacking it is not a concern of mine. His arm is good enough for the NFL level and that is all that I am concerned about.

I'm a big fan myself. As a Giants fan, I'm hoping we take him day 3 to compete to be back-up...I wouldn't loe any sleep over Eli getting injured with a guy like McElroy behind him. As you pointed out, in this day and age where offenses are more and more dink and dunk and focused on efficiency and minimizing risk, arm strength can be overrated. You still need to be able to make all the intermediate throws and have the arm strength to make the occasional deep pass and I think McElroy has it. His arm isn't much worse than a Sanchez. When you put together a 1st round QB though, they tend to have a cannon arm and McElroy doesn't. I love his potential though.

Comment

try 6'1 with small hands

I have McElroy with a similar grade as Dalton and if it came down to it I'd probably take him over Dalton, but neither of them will ever be more than "good back up, bad starter" types
                  Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman; 01-31-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I like McElroy but I don't think he will be able to be more than a good backup in the NFL. In the right system he can be a guy who can come off the bench and keep you in games. But he doesn't have the physical tools to punish teams who cheat against the run defensively. I see his ceiling, at the very best, being Chad Pennington

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                      Intelligent.
                      It's pretty accurate. He's average build with a weak arm. He can't even run well.

That said, I like him as a late round QB who can be a solid backup.

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      I see his ceiling, at the very best, being Chad Pennington
                      After the surgeries, maybe. Not before.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post

After the surgeries, maybe. Not before.
                        Even before the surgeries he had a weak arm though. I see a lot of similarities between the two. While Pennington is probably more accurate he had the same issues and limitations. That's why I specified best case scenario for McElroy. I think he will be a good backup who can start if needed...Pennington had a relatively successful career as a starter. It would take the right system and a lot of luck for McElroy to have that sort of career

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

If he gets in a system that doesn't require him to stretch the field too much and gives him a lot of short/intermediate options combined with a solid run game I think he will be just fine.

Comment

Brodie Croyle and John Parker Wilson = Bama QBs don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              Brodie Croyle and John Parker Wilson = Bama QBs don't work.
                              TJ Yates should be an epic failure then

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                              Titty sprinkles

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information