Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Williams: Stock Watch

What's his stock like on these boards?

Personally he's my favorite running back in this class. I think he's got the skillset to light it up in the NFL, and I don't mean like oh yeah he's a good rotational back, I think he's a solid 1500 yard guy. My issue with him is his style is one that would tend to make him more injury prone, he's gotta stay healthy.

But based solely on potential, I'd take Williams as my #1 back in the draft.

I think coming into the college football year people expected big things out of him, me being one of them. First game of the season, Boise held him to like 25-30 yards maybe and he just didn't have a good year. At this point he is a little underrated in my eyes, though I don't think I would draft him until the 2nd because I like Ingram and Leshoure a little more.
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
      I think coming into the college football year people expected big things out of him, me being one of them. First game of the season, Boise held him to like 25-30 yards maybe and he just didn't have a good year. At this point he is a little underrated in my eyes, though I don't think I would draft him until the 2nd because I like Ingram and Leshoure a little more.
      Cool, I never saw Leshoure play, so I'd have to see him in game action.

Williams vs Ingram is a no contest for me though. Ingram in the pro game won't have an Alabama OL vs the DLs that they faced. Alabama was so superior talent wise, it's not even funny. It's sort of like Emmitt Smith vs Barry Sanders, there's no question who was better 'stat' wise, but in terms of a pure running back who could make things happen w/o anyone around him, Barry is #1 all time, at worst 1b, next to Dickerson.

That's why I'd take Williams over Ingram, but I can see why people would prefer Ingram, as long as their squad can support him.

Gunna have to hop on youtube to check this Leshoure kid out.

Comment

Yeah I have only seen Leshoure play a few times but he looks like a NFL RB to me, very balanced game.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
          What's his stock like on these boards?

Personally he's my favorite running back in this class. I think he's got the skillset to light it up in the NFL, and I don't mean like oh yeah he's a good rotational back, I think he's a solid 1500 yard guy. My issue with him is his style is one that would tend to make him more injury prone, he's gotta stay healthy.

But based solely on potential, I'd take Williams as my #1 back in the draft.
          That's not solid, that's elite.

I don't see him being that type of guy in the NFL. He had a real down year, and while a lot can be put on an atrocious offensive line he was outperformed by other RBs on the VT team. I like the potential of his skillset but right now I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
            That's not solid, that's elite.

I don't see him being that type of guy in the NFL. He had a real down year, and while a lot can be put on an atrocious offensive line he was outperformed by other RBs on the VT team. I like the potential of his skillset but right now I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round.
            I didn't mean 1500 yards was solid, I meant he was a guy who I'd count on for 1500 yards. Not year in and year out, cause in today's NFL that doesn't happen, but he's a guy who I think would be firmly capable of getting to the 1500 yard plateau. Sorry for miscommunication there.

3rd round for him? really? I'd gladly give a 3rd round pick for him, if you assured me right now he'd be there when the Falcons pick in round 3 I'd absolutely go ahead and lock that pick in right now.

I follow the Falcons, should have stated that before, but that also is part of what colors my idea of a back, we don't need a Leshoure type back (just looked his style up on youtube, obviously not the best source) he seems more of a "primary" pound it type back with a really dirty stiff leg move he can put on people in the hole and make them miss, but he's not a guy who's going to run away from ya, which is one of the things Atlanta's offense is missing.

Williams hands, and speed, and power combo is going to boost him into the early 2nd imo. Especially once he runs in the low 4.3s at the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
              I didn't mean 1500 yards was solid, I meant he was a guy who I'd count on for 1500 yards. Not year in and year out, cause in today's NFL that doesn't happen, but he's a guy who I think would be firmly capable of getting to the 1500 yard plateau. Sorry for miscommunication there.

3rd round for him? really? I'd gladly give a 3rd round pick for him, if you assured me right now he'd be there when the Falcons pick in round 3 I'd absolutely go ahead and lock that pick in right now.

I follow the Falcons, should have stated that before, but that also is part of what colors my idea of a back, we don't need a Leshoure type back (just looked his style up on youtube, obviously not the best source) he seems more of a "primary" pound it type back with a really dirty stiff leg move he can put on people in the hole and make them miss, but he's not a guy who's going to run away from ya, which is one of the things Atlanta's offense is missing.

Williams hands, and speed, and power combo is going to boost him into the early 2nd imo. Especially once he runs in the low 4.3s at the combine.
              god not another VT player to the falcons..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Mid-Second to Mid-third is where I'd put him right now. He's a day 2 pick. Probably all of the RBs in this class should be day 2 picks, but Ingram might go higher due to hype, though NFL personnel men should have learned by now that a Heisman trophy doesn't actually mean anything in the NFL.

Comment

RW is extremely talented. He can do it all. The only thing he lacks is an ideal set of triangle numbers.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that he will run low 4.3 from, I would expect low 4.5. And I'm a huge, huge VT fan.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      RW is extremely talented. He can do it all. The only thing he lacks is an ideal set of triangle numbers.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that he will run low 4.3 from, I would expect low 4.5. And I'm a huge, huge VT fan.
                      Is he even the best RB at VT?
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

I sincerely hope he falls to the Rams in the second round and they have the stones to select him. We badly need someone to back up Jackson and has the potential to be an every down back in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          Is he even the best RB at VT?
                          By far.

David Wilson has the tools to be the best of the three, and Evans is a very good all around back, but RW is extremely, extremely talented.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Ryan Williams should have carried the entire workload at VT this year and his numbers went down because of it.

VT still had a pretty good record but I think he was part of a common coaching mistake which is play every "good" back you have. Some runners as is Ryan Williams, need to carry the ball a ton of times to get going because they're workload backs.

Comment

Well, RW was hurt the majority of the year, even in the Orange Bowl. The other reasons for the split load were DE being productive in RW's absence and us not redshirting David Wilson, who scored multiple touchdowns rushing, receiving, and returning for us this season.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information