Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martez Wilson #1 ILB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Martez Wilson #1 ILB?

    He has the best measurables of the ILB class and certainly had the production to match. Why is he not the #1 ILB in a weak ILB class?

  • #2
    Who's to say he isn't? I really don't see any ILB going before him and I think there's a fairly good chance he goes top 25.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Who's to say he isn't? I really don't see any ILB going before him and I think there's a fairly good chance he goes top 25.
      Scott Wright says he isn't.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by foozball View Post
        Scott Wright says he isn't.
        True. I foresee a him moving up in a lot of people's eyes after the combine.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have been a fan since his recruitment, but haven't watched more than 1 game, IIRC. Love his measurables.

          Sturdivant, Irving, Jones are his main competition, no?

          "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

          Comment


          • #6
            Personally, I think he's an OLB and would be a beast there. I wouldn't want him anywhere near MLB if I was a 4-3 team, idk about ILB in a 3-4.

            He doesn't show the decision making skills or coverage skills to play inside, imo. He's always slow to make his decisions and is much better rushing off the edge/defending the run than he is dropping back. I think he would be a great 3-4 OLB.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Personally, I think he's an OLB and would be a beast there. I wouldn't want him anywhere near MLB if I was a 4-3 team, idk about ILB in a 3-4.

              He doesn't show the decision making skills or coverage skills to play inside, imo. He's always slow to make his decisions and is much better rushing off the edge/defending the run than he is dropping back. I think he would be a great 3-4 OLB.
              Thanks, because I was about to ask if Wilson had anything in common with Urlacher besides measurables.

              Comment


              • #8
                Top 25? The draft advisory board gave him a 4th-7th round grade.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nobody knows.

                  Some people say he has great instincts. Other people say he has poor instincts.

                  That's the biggest question with him. If he lacks instincts, put him at OLB and have him rush the passer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                    Top 25? The draft advisory board gave him a 4th-7th round grade.
                    Did they now. Where did you hear this? Not saying its not true but I'm just curious.

                    Also I shouldn't of said "fairly good chance". I should of just said chance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hes a very tough player to evaluate. Sometime I love him, and sometimes I don't like him at all.

                      He doesn't consistently display a nose for the football, and he seems like hes jogging a lot of times. Doesn't have a great motor, and he doesn't lay the wood like you would want your ILB to.

                      But still might be the best ILB in the class. Its just one of worst classes in recent memory, so he'll benefit from that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah I always thought he was going to be a rushbacker at the next level, I bet he could play inside but I always viewed him as a 3-4 OLB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think it's hard to project the best MLB prospect. Ayers can easily play all 3 LB positions in the 4-3. Greg Jones is best suited for WLB in the 4-3. I think Wilson is the best natural MLB in the draft and is underrated.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            Did they now. Where did you hear this? Not saying its not true but I'm just curious.

                            Also I shouldn't of said "fairly good chance". I should of just said chance.
                            http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4492

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't like Wilson at all on the inside. He looks like a 3-4 OLB to me (and a good one at that).

                              If you want a MLB with some range, I like NC Quan. For ILB in a 3-4, someone will get good value from Kelvin Sheppard.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information