Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weslye Saunders Has Been Declared Ineligible

Supplemental Draft?

Weslye Saunders has been declared ineligible for the NFL draft due to a paperwork issue
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...g-combine.html

I read that yesterday. What a dumbass. Probably the top senior TE prospect heading into the season, gets kicked off a team for agent "interactions" and now he can't even be drafted because he didn't file his paperwork properly.

Comment

Saw that this morning, dude's an idiot.

Comment

falcons get him!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

How do you file for the draft incorrectly? It's the single biggest moment of your career.

Comment

I need to confirm this, but I didn't even think there can be a supplemental draft without the CBA either...

And the problem was that he DIDN'T file. He was a senior and figured he was fine, but since he was dismissed from the team, he has a year of eligibility left. That means he needed to file paperwork for it and didn't.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Can he sign with an FCS team and not lose a year and come to the next draft? Or will the NCAA stop him from doing so?

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
                Can he sign with an FCS team and not lose a year and come to the next draft? Or will the NCAA stop him from doing so?
                I believe it is too late for that.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

if a new CBA is done I would give up a 3rd or 4th to get him.

Comment

Wow!!! Has a player ever been out of football for two whole seasons going into a draft? Besides Maurice Clarett that is.

Comment

Probably was a 5th, now I doubt he even makes a team

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        I need to confirm this, but I didn't even think there can be a supplemental draft without the CBA either...
                        Well, once the CBA expires on March 4th (assuming the start of the new league year isn't pushed back a few weeks), the NFL has three options:

1) Lock the players out until a CBA is done. In this situation, the supplemental draft will almost certainly not happen.

2) Declare an impasse and unilaterally declare work-rules (which would basically the be NFL's last, best proposal to the players). This would be litigated in the courts, because it's potentially an anti-trust violation, but a supplemental draft could happen under these circumstances.

3) Allow the old rules to continue on into the new league year, which would allow for a supplemental draft. However, this won't happen because it would: a) create sheer chaos in free agency when a record number of folks become free agents overnight with the status of the franchise and transition tags are in dispute and b) give the union absolutely no incentive to actually negotiate a new deal.

#3 won't happen, #2 will only happen if the league and the union absolutely refuse compromise on key issues, and #1 is the most probable outcome.

With any luck though, we get a CBA well before the supplemental draft is supposed to happen, but it's a little too early to count on one happening this summer.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL works to remedy this issue and grants this dummy a special one-time exception in light of the fact of the strange circumstances and the impending lockout.

Comment

what do you expect out of a kid who has a clown for a dad like this?

Comment

I find it amazing that you could mess this up so badly... If there weren't enough red flags around his character/intelligence already, he just added the biggest flag you will ever see to the collection.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information