Aldon Smith?
    Cameron Jordan?
    Muhammad Wilkerson?
    JJ Watt?
    Ryan Kerrigan?
    Cameron Heyward?

Thanks BoneKrusher
    IN SHAD WE TRUST

As much as I hate physical freaks, Robert Quinn. So smooth and effortless.

Comment

Not a Bowers fan? I think he should definitely be in the discussion.

Comment

Of the guys you ranked:

Robert Quinn
        Ryan Kerrigan
        Cameron Jordan
        Aldon Smith
        JJ Watt
        Adrian Clayborn

Wilkerson and Heyward aren't 4-3 DEs.

Comment

I gotta go Da'Quan Bowers. Quinn may have more potential as far as being an elite sack artist, but Bowers has more potential as an all around player. Quinn will never be a good player against the run, while Bowers may be excellent in that aspect. He also has the athleticism and ability to be a 10+ sack guy. Quinn may get more publicity, but Bowers should be better.

EDIT: Just saw other than Bowers. Then it's definitely Quinn. He has huge potential as a pass rusher, and in a passing league, that's the most important aspect of the game for a defensive end.
          Last edited by DeepThreat; 02-04-2011, 05:51 PM.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
          <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
          <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
          <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

"other than Bowers"

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
              "other than Bowers"
              I need to pay more attention....

Comment

Ryan Kerrigan.

He is my favorite of all as a pure 4-3 DE. His weight was down at the Senior Bowl in the mid 250's, but he has played in the upper 260's (and he was showing his versatility for coaches in the 3-4 mindset).

He may never be a Julius Peppers or Mario Williams, but should be a stable and solid contributor for years a la Grant Winstrom or Patrick Kerney. He faced top competition in the Big 10 weak in and out, was productive, and really was a STUD on a team that has been on the downward spiral since Tiller left a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, guys like Bowers and Quinn are great athletes-but both have question marks. Bowers is a one year wonder who might not be a sack artist but a solid mainstay while Quinn is a freak but just missed a whole year.

Kerrigan is a good character kid with a high motor that gives a full effort every play. If he DOES NOT make it in the league it will be due to his physical limitations (size, speed, etc.) but I would not be surprised to see him in a few years as one of the better all-around Ends in the NFL.

I also do like J.J. Watt a lot, but he may be better suited in the 3-4-we will see. Heyward had a slump and is sort of along the lines as Watt but is more of a 3-4 prospect as a WHOLE. Cam Jordan is very intriguing and should be successful where ever he lines up, but I doubt of all the positions he can play (3-4 End, 4-3 DT, 4-3 END?) he would be best suited at LE-he is more a Darnell Docket type who should be inside in the 4-3, outside in the 3-4. Aldon Smith is raw but very talented and has a good head on his shoulders, he should do very well but may take some seasoning. Clayborn I am starting to fall off the bandwagon to be serious. His lack of production this year is a red flag, but moreso because he opted out of the Senior Bowl and apparently has motivation issues, an inconsistent motor and according to many Hawkeye fans was severely out of shape this year (usually gassed by halftime). No doubt he can pan out, but I think he is dropping to the end of Round 1 / Early Round 2 right now.

IMO:

Pure 4-3 End
                1) Kerrigan
                1 a) Quinn
                2) Aldon Smith
                3) Bowers ( I really don't like one year wonders)

Comment

Qunn > Bowers

Cameron Jordan > Bowers

I'd go:

Quinn
                  Jordan
                  Kerrigan
                  Bowers
                  Smith

You might be able to flip Bowers and Kerrigan...

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                    Qunn > Bowers

Cameron Jordan > Bowers

I'd go:

Quinn
                    Jordan
                    Kerrigan
                    Bowers
                    Smith

You might be able to flip Bowers and Kerrigan...
                    This man knows the truth. Cam Jordan would be a stud LE in a 4-3. I'm not big on Bowers, I'd take Jordan, Quinn, and Kerrigan over him for sure.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Quinn is a better fit in a 3-4 as an OLB

I think Kerrigan might be the best 4-3 DE

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Not a Bowers fan? I think he should definitely be in the discussion.
                        Bowers is already the best DE in this class 3-4 or 4-3...I was looking more for the next guy

Thanks BoneKrusher
                        IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

I know he's viewed by most as a 3-4 DE prospect, but I still really like him as a LE in a 4-3 who can kick inside on 3rd and long situations. He may not be the most explosive guy, but his get off is better than Bowers and he has great hand use, very good change of direction and his ability to dip low and turn the corner is very impressive for a guy his height. All I know is he's going to be a disruptive force wherever he lines up.

Comment

I have Cameron Jordan as a my #2 4-3 DE, Quinn is my #3 but I think a pass rusher in a 3-4 is his best fit. Jordan is also #2 for my 3-4 DE ranking, very good prospect.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
                              Bowers is already the best DE in this class 3-4 or 4-3...I was looking more for the next guy
                              Oh I didn't realise they had declared that as fact just yet.

As a 43 DE Bowers lacks the burst and explosiveness to be an elite player. He has also only had one year of production. I think he will be a good player in the NFL but wont live up to his draft stock.

As a 34 DE Bowers will be eaten alive. He wont be able to anchor in the run game from the 5 tech position and NFL OTs and OGs will simply overpower him.

43:

Quinn
                              Kerrigan
                              Bowers
                              Smith
                              Jordan
                              Watt
                              Clayborn

34:

Jordan
                              Dareus
                              Heyward
                              Watt
                              Wilkerson
                              Clayborn
                              Ballard

Da'Quan Bowers should be nowhere near the 5 tech position in the NFL

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information