Interview with Washington QB Jake Locker

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...ake-Locker.php

Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Locker always comes across as a class individual, something the rest of the top QBs coming out are going to have to convince the scouts of.

Comment

Thanks for the interview Scott.I really hope SF still drafts but I dunno.People think 7 is way too.I still think he is far more ahead then Newton and Gabbert IMO.Hes the only first round guy who could come in and start day one and do good depending on where he lands.

Comment

Still my favorite prospect in the draft. If he doesn't work out in the NFL it won't be because of intangibles and what kind of individual he is.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I get that he works hard, but it doesn't sound like he cares that much.

Like for some reason, I think if he were to flake out of the NFL, that he wouldn't really care because he would be satisfied with himself that he tried.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Still my favorite prospect in the draft. If he doesn't work out in the NFL it won't be because of intangibles and what kind of individual he is.
            Depending on your definition of intangibles.

He's definitely not the Alpha Male type. Personally, I like that in a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

Like for some reason, I think if he were to flake out of the NFL, that he wouldn't really care because he would be satisfied with himself that he tried.
              I don't get that at all. I understand that you hate him, but he specifically says that he loves everything about the game. How much more blinding evidence do you need then that? He passed up millions of dollars in baseball that would have been alot easier to come by in order to pursue a career in football. That seems like someone who cares about the sport in general.

Jesus some of the stuff you say just boggles my mind.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I didnt get that at all D and i've never got that impression over the last 7 years that i've followed him. Forget what comes out of his mouth, which was nothing but class, he played half the year with a broken rib. Some guys take the whole year off with less of an injury than that.

He's a lunch pail guy, his dad is a dry waller and his grandfather worked in a pulp mill.You arent going to ever have to question effort or dedication with Locker.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  I don't get that at all. I understand that you hate him, but he specifically says that he loves everything about the game. How much more blinding evidence do you need then that? He passed up millions of dollars in baseball that would have been alot easier to come by in order to pursue a career in football. That seems like someone who cares about the sport in general.

Jesus some of the stuff you say just boggles my mind.
                  I know he cares about the sport. But I don't think the sport defines him, is what I mean. If he flakes out, I'm sure he'll be more than happy working with his dad doing dry wall.

I don't hate him. I just don't believe in him. There's a difference.

If he's coached up right and put in the perfect scenario then I think he's got a chance, but I won't know until I see which team drafts him.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    I didnt get that at all D and i've never got that impression over the last 7 years that i've followed him. Forget what comes out of his mouth, which was nothing but class, he played half the year with a broken rib. Some guys take the whole year off with less of an injury than that.

He's a lunch pail guy, his dad is a dry waller and his grandfather worked in a pulp mill.You arent going to ever have to question effort or dedication with Locker.
                    I thought you said he doesn't care about money because he comes from a rich family??? Now he's a lunch pail guy from the school of hard knocks???

Comment

I know he cares about the sport. But I don't think the sport defines him, is what I mean. If he flakes out, I'm sure he'll be more than happy working with his dad doing dry wall.

I don't hate him. I just don't believe in him. There's a difference.

If he's coached up right and put in the perfect scenario then I think he's got a chance, but I won't know until I see which team drafts him.
                      I agree with you 100%. He does seem like he loves football and will give it his best shot but if it doesn't pan out he will not be totally torn to pieces.

Comment

Eh...I don't disagree with D-UNIT on Locker's mentality towards football, but I do disagree on whether or not it's a desirable trait.

I don't think he has much of a different attitude to the game than Tom Brady. He's been an alpha athlete his entire life and grew up in a stable home, and there's not much that excites him about sports apart from winning because everything else comes so naturally.

He's more interested in wins and losses than his own stats and obviously doesn't pay any mind to stats. It's the type of personality that will net his team a lot of success in the playoffs.

Comment

I thought you said he doesn't care about money because he comes from a rich family??? Now he's a lunch pail guy from the school of hard knocks???
                          I never said he came from money, i did say his family was middle class. Dad a blue collar job and football coach.I might of said his decision to come back wasnt based on money and he did get 300k for signing with the Angels. No he doesnt come from money.

These arguments seem to surface when someone doesnt like a player. Matthew Stafford was not going to care because he came from money.....to me these guys dont get to this point if they dont care about football 100%.
                          Last edited by Babylon; 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                            I agree with you 100%. He does seem like he loves football and will give it his best shot but if it doesn't pan out he will not be totally torn to pieces.
                            So the guy should fall on a sword if he doesnt make it in football? that's the criteria we're looking for here?, color me amazed at this whole conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              I never said he came from money, i did say his family was middle class. Dad a blue collar job and football coach.

These arguments seem to surface when someone doesnt like a player. Matthew Stafford was not going to care because he came from money.....to me these guys dont get to this point if they dont care about football 100%.
                              Maybe it wasn't you then, but there were definitely some out there making the case that he didn't declare last year because his family was already weathly so money wasn't important.

I guess it's whatever story makes the most sense for the day works best.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information