Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake Kirkpatrick Not Invited to Combine?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Kirkpatrick Not Invited to Combine?!?!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...ong-in-combine

Okay, at the risk of sounding like I am endorsing a conspiracy theory, what is the deal with the way Kirkpatrick is being received??? The explanation they give sounds absolutely ridiculous!
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Tim Barnes wasn't invited either. Both big oversights.

Comment

Mario Harvey should be on the list as well. It really makes no sense at all.

I guess some team will be getting some steals, because some of these guys are seriously slept on.

Comment

I want KPat for the Pats
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

The highest drafted player without going to the Scouting Combine was Sebastian Vollmer (to my knowledge) who went late in the second round.

Vollmer was a top OT though (granted, I doubt he would have lasted if people knew how good of an OT he was going to be). Most (really good) centers struggle to make the first round. This could mean his stock will fall out of the first two days.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
            The highest drafted player without going to the Scouting Combine was Sebastian Vollmer (to my knowledge) who went late in the second round.

Vollmer was a top OT though (granted, I doubt he would have lasted if people knew how good of an OT he was going to be). Most (really good) centers struggle to make the first round. This could mean his stock will fall out of the first two days.
            But unlike Volmer, this guy is a known commodity from what is now a high profile team. Very strange.
            Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Well the guy only anchored a O-line on a team that went undefeated, won the Rimington and didn't give up a sack all year, yeah that makes sense.

Comment

Maybe he declined an invite because he's not pursuing an NFL career? That's all I can come up with.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/wyomings-moore/

Pull a Devin Moore and have your own damn combine in the parking lot.

Honestly, I think I would expand to allow just about anyone draft worthy to enter. Instead of sending out "invites," I think I'd let any interest player (or most likely said players agent) "apply" and then accept applications. And if they're relatively draft worthy, let them in.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information