Players that Scott Wright Overrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    Malcolm Kelly and Limas Sweed but I was high on them as well.
    Seriously, Malcolm Kelly more than any other had a million red flags on him. that horrible attitude at this pro day, his pathetic 40 times, the excuses that followed, and then the extensive history of knee injuries. I had that guy on the Terrence Cody area of my draft board.

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
      A lot of people on the old buccaneers.com message board really liked Danny Woodhead... particularly Mary Jane Watson, whomever she was. It was puzzling to me how a guy that productive (even at Chadron St.) with his stocky build and fantastic measurables could go so unnoticed at the time.
      I think most, if not all of us, were amazed he didn't get drafted at all.
      Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

I don't consider Couch a bust.

He did wonders with what he had to work with in Cleveland.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

Look who he had rated first in 2005. What a joke! Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
            Robert Ayers was great his senior year and TitanHope and I were even hyping him before his SR year started because he had shown flashes as a rotation/backup up until then.
            The way Ayers was used his senior year didn't allow him to build up a lot of sack totals. Think of it how Eric Berry was used his JR year were he wasn't allowed to build up his stats as much as his first two years.
            Robert Ayers is woefully miscast in a 3-4 and should show steady improvement if the Broncos move back to a 4-3.
            *fist pound*

Also, a 4-3 LE going to 3-4 OLB in the pros doesn't spell success. I think he'll bounce back this year now that he's in a proper front.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.

Anyone who thought he was going to be an elite starting running back was kidding themselves. Bush is and always was a versatile, all-around threat best suited for a third down role.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJ...eature=related

So you knew the guy was going to be mediocre and still ranked him 1st overall? Now I feel better for just being flat out wrong about the guy.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
              Originally posted by GoRavens
              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJ...eature=related

So you knew the guy was going to be mediocre and still ranked him 1st overall? Now I feel better for just being flat out wrong about the guy.
                I don't think Reggie Bush is mediocre...

In fact, Bush is one of the two or three best at what he does. Also, a lot of what Bush provides doesn't necessarily show up in stat sheets. The Saints entire offense is different when he's out.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I don't think Reggie Bush is mediocre...

In fact, Bush is one of the two or three best at what he does. Also, a lot of what Bush provides doesn't necessarily show up in stat sheets. The Saints entire offense is different when he's out.
                  I didn't know people still said that. I thought everyone stopped defending him after they won a SB with Bush on the sidelines for a great majority of the season.
                  iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                  Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

I didn't know people still said that. I thought everyone stopped defending him after they won a SB with Bush on the sidelines for a great majority of the season.
                    Are you kidding? Bush was big in the playoffs and a key to the Saints winning the Super Bowl.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

LOL. I know this thread / forum is full of Reggie Bush bashers (which it has consistently been full of but I digress), but seriously? How about how big he came up against the Cardinals in the Divisional Game? Reggie Bush has definitely underperformed in regards to where he was selected in the draft, but people making him out to be just some bum with no talent is asinine. He creates incredible match-up problems for opposing defenses and plays a vital role into how Sean Payton likes to run the offense.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Even if you think Bush is an elite player, he's missed 20 games in 5 seasons. I didn't look to see if he's missed any playoff games. Again, it's not bad luck that he's missed those games. He's not built to be a RB. He'd probably be better off if he pulled an Eric Metcalf and became a WR.

Comment

Are you kidding? Bush was big in the playoffs and a key to the Saints winning the Super Bowl.
                          He had a long TD run against Arizona. They won by 30. Other than that? He's a check down back that provides an exciting play only when he's jumping over people into the endzone from the 5 yard line, which is pretty rare. I don't think he was much of a key to winning the SB. We obviously have a different view of what a playmaker actually is.

Tracy Porter? That was a key to the Saints winning. Drew Brees utilizing the short passing game to substitute for no running game? That was a key. Recovering an onside kick at the start of the half and taking one possession away from Peyton Manning? That was a key. Dwight Freeny not being able to play for almost 3 QTs? That was a key. Reggie Bush catching a couple check downs? Really?

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          LOL. I know this thread / forum is full of Reggie Bush bashers (which it has consistently been full of but I digress), but seriously? How about how big he came up against the Cardinals in the Divisional Game? Reggie Bush has definitely underperformed in regards to where he was selected in the draft, but people making him out to be just some bum with no talent is asinine. He creates incredible match-up problems for opposing defenses and plays a vital role into how Sean Payton likes to run the offense.
                          They won by 30 points.

The part in BOLD is all I'm saying. He wasn't close to being worth a top 3 pick. Simple as that. To say otherwise is a complete joke, which I refer back to Billy Madison.

He's not a bum. He's a major disappointment. A MAJOR ONE. No one, who thought he was the best player in the draft (right here), imagined him being a 3rd down back that catches some short passes and makes some minimal gains in the running game. He's a ******* backup RB. You don't take backup RBs in the top 3 and you don't consider them one of the best prospects of all-time. He was supposed to be a superstar. Not a guy his own organization wants to trade because they feel he's getting paid too much TO BE A ******* BACKUP RB!!!! Oh my gosh, he had a 45 yard TD run in a route against Arizona... IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! Stop the ******* presses.

He's the 4th best RB from his own class. He went #2 overall. That's a bust. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                            I can see an argument for Couch, but I still say you were wrong about Arrington and Bush. Neither of those guys have lived up to being rated the top players in their respective Drafts. I totally bought into Arrington at the time, but I never understood why so many people expected Bush to be a great player in the NFL. He's a WR playing RB. His lack of production as a runner and struggles with injuries aren't just bad luck.
                            He was not wrong about Arrington IMO. Arrington had injuries, but dominated for a short while. Everyone accept for me and McShay as wrong on Gholston.
                            Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              He's not a bum, but he's not even close justifying his pick and never will be. He's not even a reliable starter for crying out loud.
                              Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Reggie bush caught 90 passes as a rookie and was our jermichael finely-type threat threat that year. If we had the pick to make again that year i would do it again in a heartbeat, but bush's numbers have declined each year since 2006 and i think that he can be replaced with a guy like randall cobb or kealoa pilares as an underneath pass-catcher.

The saints missed chris ivory more than reggie bush and pierre thomas last year so expect them to take a running back high in the draft. We can bring in almost anybody to catch screens and short passes but we need a durable running back to place us back in the top #10 in rushing again and to make brees better at play-action like he was in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information