Players that Scott Wright Overrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

Scott...buddy....that one is going to be hard to live down I'm sorry to say.
    At least he had him over Russell.

Comment

Scott...buddy....that one is going to be hard to live down I'm sorry to say.
      Especially when you look at the names around it(minus Russell of course).

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
        The one saving grace, lol.

Comment

The one saving grace, lol.
          I'm not actually sure if you can say that Jamarcus Russell has had a worse NFL career than Brady Quinn. I mean, it's like comparing which of two fires is hotter, but it's hardly a Manning/Leaf situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
            I'm not actually sure if you can say that Jamarcus Russell has had a worse NFL career than Brady Quinn. I mean, it's like comparing which of two fires is hotter, but it's hardly a Manning/Leaf situation.
            At least Quinn is still on an NFL roster. Can't say the same for the Walrus.

I was low on Russell and didn't want to draft him. I wanted Quinn though, so I can't be too proud.
            Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              I'm not giving up on Clausen by any stretch either. Go look at John Elway's stats as a rookie. 47% completion percentage, 7 TD's to 14 INT's, 55 QB Rating, etc.
              You should.

I don't need to look at Elway's stats, I can watch his tape. Elway, even as rookie, showed a decent amount of poise and ability. Clausen shows nothing. He looks terrified, his arm looks like ****, his decision-making is terrible. He's awful. The only glimmer of hope is the same statistical abnormality occurring twice, but any objective analysis shoots a hole in that pretty quickly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm not giving up on Clausen by any stretch either.
                Nor should you.
                Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                  Nor should you.
                  He really should. In addition to what BF51 stated above, he showed no promise, has below average tools and couldn't lead a flock of sheep let alone a group of 53 grown men.

Comment

I'm not giving up on Clausen by any stretch either. Go look at John Elway's stats as a rookie. 47% completion percentage, 7 TD's to 14 INT's, 55 QB Rating, etc. I'm not saying Clausen is going to be Elway, but that is a prime example of how patience is needed with young quarterbacks no matter how good they are.
                    This is why I'm surprised you didn't give the Panthers AJ Green. I think he's the best player in the draft and I can see from our rankings that you do too. I can see the argument you're using, but Smith is getting old and can't stand Clausen (it probably goes both ways). Gettis was a nice surprise last year and LaFell looks like a possession receiver and the NFL. Clausen needs a receiver he can trust. I can't think of a better pick than AJ Green to get the offense going. They can still get a pretty good DT in the third round with the depth there this year, but they can't get a player like Green there.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      He wont be released. As mediocre as he has been, he is still a player that forces you to gameplan around. There is not a single play in a football game where defenses dont have to know where Reggie is. If Sean Payton has anything to say about it, Reggie will be a Saint for a while, because he is a weapon you can use in so many different ways....has he been dominant? No, but you better know where he is or he will **** you up.
                      So did Samkon Gado in Green Bay...

Reggie Bust is not good as a running back, in fact, he's awful at running back. But the reason he doesn't play WR is he can't run the routes on a consistent basis. Nor does he have the hands for some of the things required for a WR.

Reggie Bush benefits from playing for one of the most creative offensive playcallers in the NFL finding spots for literally everyone, not just Reggie Bust.

If he becomes a free agent people will want him to be a Darren Sproles type player, which is exactly all he is.

Is he a bad player? No, but he's no where near a top 10 pick, not even top 15, but I'd still grade him in the late first round because as a return guy he can take it to the house. Much like Devin Hester would be worth a first round pick strictly as a return man, but I put a high value on Special Teams too.

The obvious one is Brady Quinn which has been hit on a lot, but there's an even bigger whiff out there imo.

Jimmy Williams...didn't even last 3 years in the league. We were all excited about him down here in Atlanta and he just completely blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                        that's solely because josh mcdaniels is an idiot. it's one of the things i expect john fox to fix shortly. at this point, it's entirely possible that brady quinn is the single worst quarterback on a roster in any major football league.
                        But...biceps...flowing...golden...hair...

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                          should i kiss your feet now? or should i just assume that you not only can't speak english, but that you also have a loose handle on the truth?
                          I don't know genius, should I assume your shift button is broken? I thought mods were supposed to deter trolls, not imitate them.
                          Last edited by Black Bolt; 02-17-2011, 09:22 AM.
                          Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Exactly. He's not that player and that's the point.
                            Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

A lot of people missed on Brady Quinn. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                                Who says he's better than Russell? Unlike Russell, Quinn isn't on drugs.......other than Myoplex.

- Genius

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information