Justin Houston: Vernon Gholston 2.0?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Houston: Vernon Gholston 2.0?

That is what I heard, anyone else see that??

Not at all. I'm not the biggest fan of Houston, but he isn't nearly as stiff as Gholston was coming out and isn't making the conversion to 3-4 OLB from DE same as Gholston because Houston already plays OLB at Georgia.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Houston is nothing like Gholston at all really. He's not this freak physical talent, but he's a lot less stiff and is already a successful pass rusher as a linebacker.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Awful comparison. Can i see a legit source that said this? Houston is very fluid. APS stole what i wass gonna type.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Yet another prospect I need to see more of. He may not seem much like Gholston, but I am a little leery of Houston.
          Last edited by SenorGato; 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I don't see how this comparison ever came to be. Gholston was a 4-3 end transitioning to 3-4 rush backer & he never go it. Houston has been a rush backer for three years and a very successful one at that. A great pass-rusher from the outside.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

I think you got confused where in that one threat, someone was talking about Allen Bailey or Robert Quinn or something like that, and you thought, or someone wrongly thought they were talking about Justin Houston. I remember something like that happened in a thread, where there was two different conversations going, one about Bailey/Quinn (i dont remember which) and one about houston and a guy didn't quote anyone and just said he looked like Gholston, and he was talking about the first convo.

Comment

I thought Jason Pierre-Paul was Vernon Gholston 2? I can never keep up with these meaningless comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  Awful comparison. Can i see a legit source that said this? Houston is very fluid. APS stole what i wass gonna type.
                  I think he's referring to the Jets Insider Draft Forum, I read it there too by one of the draft guys...

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                    That is what I heard, anyone else see that??
                    Unless this music starts playing on the rare occasion that he can get into an opposing team's backfield, then no, I don't.

Comment

He kind of reminds me of a mix between Everette Brown and Larry English for some reason. More athletic than English, more instinctual than Brown. In any sense...I wouldn't draft him before the mid-second round.
                      "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

He reminds me of Quentin Groves a bit.

Comment

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 02-16-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 02-16-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

what the hell happened??

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information