Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

I have seen Wilkerson climbing draft boards at a rocket pace.

All I know is that at 6'5" 305lbs. he looks like an elite athlete for the DT position.

What are the scouting reports on Wilkerson?

What is his best position?

I think he could play either 3-tech or 5-tech and be sucessful at that. Shane just mentioned him in his Under the Radar Before the Combine, but I am very much looking forward to Scott's scouting report on him. I still think he needs to add some strength, but his upside is just ridiculous.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

His film is up and down. He's got amazing flashes and terrible moments against not so hot competition (MAC, army) being inflated into a late first rounder by the media but I live in Philly and first round is reachy. hes gonna have to work out like a beast to get there.
      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

He shouldn't be drafted in the first round. If you're watching video of a guy playing about C-USA opponents and he's supposed to be a first-rounder, he needs to be blowing people up and getting consistent penetration, which Wilkerson doesn't appear to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
          He shouldn't be drafted in the first round. If you're watching video of a guy playing about C-USA opponents and he's supposed to be a first-rounder, he needs to be blowing people up and getting consistent penetration, which Wilkerson doesn't appear to do.
          He played in a 2 gap defense so that's not something you're gonna see no matter who it is. I'm not really buying first round but he did have a fairly productive year (9.5 sacks) and has tools to succeed, as well as playing in a ton of different spots at Temple (3-4 end, 4-3 DT and DE and might have played over the center in some passing situations too but I'm not 100% sure about that one). I'd say his best fit right now would be as a 3-4 end because of his experience there and his length and athleticism. Reminds me of Kendall Langford a fair amount.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

One of my favorite talents in this draft...0erfect for the Rex D. Only 3-4 DE prospects I like more are the Camerons....great frame for the position.

Comment

Wilkerson is a good prospect due to his knowledge of both the DT and 34E positions. At Temple he played tackle as a freshman and sophmore and as a junior he played the DT/34E combo spot (the same as Haloti Hgata does in Baltimore). I read a scouting report that says not only can he stop the run, he can also pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                He played in a 2 gap defense so that's not something you're gonna see no matter who it is. I'm not really buying first round but he did have a fairly productive year (9.5 sacks) and has tools to succeed, as well as playing in a ton of different spots at Temple (3-4 end, 4-3 DT and DE and might have played over the center in some passing situations too but I'm not 100% sure about that one). I'd say his best fit right now would be as a 3-4 end because of his experience there and his length and athleticism. Reminds me of Kendall Langford a fair amount.
                He just doesn't look powerful enough to me. I mean, sure, he might put up the bench press numbers or whatever, but I see him getting stonewalled and held up by a single blocker pretty regularly. It's not like he's always double-teamed. And more than half of his sacks came in two games this year, those teams being Buffalo and Kent State...not exactly perennial winners. I dunno. Show me a clip of him really dominating a double-team, or even a single blocker, because I haven't seen it yet and at this point I don't think I'd spend a second rounder on him, much less a first. He passes the eyeball test with flying colors, but he's solidly in my "overrated" pile.

Comment

Wilkerson gets stood up because he simply plays too high. He needs to work on that a lot. Quickness and burst are nice and he has solid tools, but the guy is quite raw. Doesn't belong in the 1st.

Comment

I believe it will take him 2-3 years to be get it, but he's got the ability to be a monster at the next level. People put too much basis on immediate production today, but Wilkerson will be one of those players that finds his niche (and a good one at that) a couple years from now and will be a valuable asset to a team as a 2nd round pick.

Comment

Raw. Great tools. Could be a stud in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneBang View Post
                        I believe it will take him 2-3 years to be get it, but he's got the ability to be a monster at the next level. People put too much basis on immediate production today, but Wilkerson will be one of those players that finds his niche (and a good one at that) a couple years from now and will be a valuable asset to a team as a 2nd round pick.
                        That they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
                          Because DeMarcus Ware was God among mortal people at Troy, right?

Comment

Supposedly his sacks plus TFLs per game is the highest of any top 10 tackle this year. Better than Suh's or McCoy's. He plays for Temple so that obviously plays a role but it is still interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              Because DeMarcus Ware was God among mortal people at Troy, right?
                              Because Mohammed Wilkerson is DeMarcus Ware, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information