No announcement yet.

Carolina at #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now, I'd say either Peterson or Quinn. Those are my guys. I wanna see Peterson run though.

I haven't checked out Gabbert though. And Daerius is starting to intrigue me.

Comment

If Patrick Peterson is going to be a 'shutdown CB' he likely won't be returning many kicks. Guys like Darelle Revis and Champ Bailey were great returners, but don't do it much in the NFL.

Comment

The reason why I'm mostly against them getting Daerius or Fairley is bc I feel they can get a high quality DT in the 2nd.

This DT class is stacked.

Comment

^
          The Patriots have their 2nd. I'll go with Quinn for this one, just a hunch.

Comment

If the Panthers take a QB this year it will set them back for a long time. I think they should go with who they have #1 on their board. My opinion would be Green so when you do take a QB he has someone to throw to. What are the Chances the Panthers end with a top 2 Pick next Year? Luck or Barkley would be the pick then.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
              Is it crazy for me to be leaning Gabbert right now?
              Personally dont see a QB going until the Tennessee pick but i'm probably alone in that belief. Gabbert seems to be a bit of a mystery man. The media says he's the best of the QBs but then usually add they havent seen much of him. I did think he looked good athletically in comparison to an athletic group of QBs but to me he should have thrown.

Comment

I found it funny Cam went like 11/21... with no defenders.. maybe a couple drops but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm.

Grizzle you bring up a good point, maybe Gabbert is an option for them.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Gabbert is the first player they formally interviewed at Indy. FWTW. I think he would be odds on favorite, since the team was originally going to go with Andrew Luck and Blaine is a very similar QB. Gabbert was ahead of Luck up to about the mid point of the past college season. He started to get banged up and limped down the stretch. Prior to that Gabbert pretty much doubled Luck's numbers across the board in 2009, and was active in 2008 while Andrew redshirted. As recruits, Blaine was 5 star and the #1 pro style prospect, Luck was 4 star and the #4 pro style prospect. Gabbert is a bit bigger, a bit faster, a bit younger, and has a stronger arm than Luck.

Comment

Gabbert. I think Carolina will go QB. They will convince themselves that Gabbert has the tools and character to succeed in the NFL, but they won't be sure about Newton's character.

Comment

Gabbert would probably be a Tim Couch type pick. On so may levels i hope they take Gabbert but i doubt they will. Newton is not in play, he was all over the map this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcastro View Post
                        Gabbert. I think Carolina will go QB. They will convince themselves that Gabbert has the tools and character to succeed in the NFL, but they won't be sure about Newton's character.
                        I think a lot of teams will be unsure of Newton. That whole Team Newton thing is not attractive to NFL General Managers. They have to feel they have some control over a player they draft. Particularly when he is 21 years old and hasn't shown very good judgement in the past. Cam is always going to do what is best for Team Newton in the short term. Without regard to long term consequences or consideration as to how it affects others.

Comment

Interesting question. This is as wide open, and big of a toss up at the #1 pick as I can remember. Carolina could literally address any one of five positions with this pick.

Don't think they'll go quarterback though. I'd go Dareus or A.J. Green. Gun to my head I'll say Dareus.

Comment

Originally posted by the natural View Post
                            I think a lot of teams will be unsure of Newton. That whole Team Newton thing is not attractive to NFL General Managers. They have to feel they have some control over a player they draft. Particularly when he is 21 years old and hasn't shown very good judgement in the past. Cam is always going to do what is best for Team Newton in the short term. Without regard to long term consequences or consideration as to how it affects others.
                            ESPN yesterday showed the NC game play where he disregarded the play from the Auburn bench & didnt take a knee as ordered, he tried to run it in for more points like a gloryboy dickhead.

That kind of crap lingers in the memories of NFL HCs & scouts, he does that in the NFL & he will get benched faster than a speeding bullet.

Yes Newton was all over the place with the press & the Combine this weekend but, on balance, he has more to overcome than any other player there too. IDK if he showed enough stuff to convince the GMs & HCs he warrants a roll of the dice & a #1 pick.

About this thread, no it won't be Carolina, but I could see Zona taking him b/c they're desperate for a starting QB & have a long organizational history of clueless picks.

Comment

if it was up to the masses it would be any1 but Cam Newton.

Ron Rivera seemed to be talking himself into the pick, before NEwton worked out.
                              my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                                if it was up to the masses it would be any1 but Cam Newton.

Ron Rivera seemed to be talking himself into the pick, before NEwton worked out.
                                That's a good way to put it. I'd be surprised if the pick ended up being anyone other than Newton.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information