Carolina at #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the natural View Post
    I think there is only about 50% chance that Carolina keeps the pick. The #3, #4, and #5 teams picking in the draft all are in the market for a QB. Seems like a good chance that Carolina, and possibly Denver as well, trade down with their picks. Beyond the #5 pick, you have San Fran at #7, Tennessee #8, Dallas #9, and Washington #10. Any one of those teams might be inclined to trade up for a QB if they could. With a lively auction going on, Carolina and Denver will likely get very good offers and still be able to choose from the top defensive talent available.

The logical thing for Carolina to do, when you think about it, is to get a veteran through free agency or trade to carry the team for another year or two until a definite judgement can be made on Clausen. Remember, Jimmy was rated as highly last year going into the draft as Newton and Gabbert are this year.
    cause it is soooo easy to trade the 1st pick..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Crazy how many options there are for #1 right now...it's probably going to come down to one of the elite Dlinemen or a QB.
      Bowers, Dareus, Fairley, Newton, or Gabbert... I'd put my money on Newton right now, but it seems no one has a good read on the situation.

Comment

Marcell Dareus > Nick Fairley.

DT is the biggest need in Carolina (outside of QB - but none of these guys are worth a #1 overall).

AJ Green is intriguing, but they do have a bunch of young WRs. They may opt for a few veterans instead.

Patrick Peterson is an option, definitely.

I can't see a LDE or a rush LB going #1 overall to Carolina.

The only 3 picks I could see are Dareus, Peterson, or Green and I am leaning towards Dareus.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
          the jury is in... clausen sux.
          Clausen had better rookie numbers than John Elway did.

Comment

worst ******* argument ever.. tons of QB's had better rookie numbers then elway did but almost none are better.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Really?

Elway, 47.5% 151ypg, 7-14 Td-Int (1-2 ratio) Broncos 9-7

Clausen, 52.5% 119ypg 3-9 Td-int (1-3 ratio) Panthers 2-14

Comment

Poll is weak without Gabbert's name on it. He is still very much in the running.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Similar situation Miami was in a few years ago. No clear cut #1 player, so they went with Jake Long, not the flashiest pick but a relatively safe one that would be a stalwart for a long time. Some people say they should have picked Ryan instead, but Miami's been a pretty good team without Ryan. The closest thing to that type of a pick this year is Dareus, again not a flashy pick, but a guy you can feel reasonably confident in to help your team immediately.
                  aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    Poll is weak without Gabbert's name on it. He is still very much in the running.
                    I dont think it will be Gabbert but i agree with you that he should be in the poll.

Gabbert continues to see his stock rise without really doing anything, if the draft were in July he'd probably be a lock for the top spot.

Comment

I think it'll be Dareus or Gabbert.

If Gabbert looks like a franchise QB and has a good pro day,they'll jump on that.If not they'll go Dareus he's a little safer pick IMO.

They weigh character VERY high here.

Comment

Robert Quinn, possibly the best player of the draft (at least I see it that way)
                        "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

I believe if the poll was given after Combine, Dareus and Fairley's numbers would be flipped.

Comment

#1 overall pick will be Blaine Gabbert.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Killer View Post
                              #1 overall pick will be Blaine Gabbert.
                              Dude, you just totally killed this thread...

I'd just like to add that it's not the end of the world if the Panthers draft Gabbert and Clausen actually develops into a quality QB. It's not like QBs can't be traded. There's worse problems than having 2 talented QBs.

Comment

Cam Newton to Carolina, Marcell Dareus to Denver

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information