Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL That Made Money at the Combine

1a. Tyron Smith [6'5" 307lbs, 29 Reps]

Came in and showed LT size and measurables.

1b. Anthony Costanzo [28 reps, 5.23 40, 8.9 BJ]

I thought Costanzo looked smooth in drills and showed great, and I mean great, technique. Also did really well in the on air interviews and seems smart and humble.

2. Marcus Cannon [33 reps, 5.26 40, 8.9 BJ]

The most impressive part of the entire workout was how good he looked and how good he moved for a man that came in at 6'5" 358lbs. He looks like a mauling OG.

3. Jarriel King [36" Arms, 5.09 40, 9.6 BJ]

He looks the part and moved really well and showed some serious athletic ability and explosion.

4. Stefen Wisniewski [30 reps, 5.26 40, 8.4 BJ]

He moved well and showed better then expected strength and athletic ability.

5. Rodney Hudson [27 reps, 5.22 40, 299lbs]

Hudson looks terrible, but he weighed 300lbs and maintained his technique and great feet in the drills.

I thought guys like Carimi and Solder looked exactly the way that I thought they would.
    Last edited by JohnCandy; 02-26-2011, 03:00 PM.

Although he didn't work out, Ben Ijalana's 36 inch arms made him some money.
    Last edited by TACKLE; 02-26-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I would say Tyron Smith by just showing up and doing what he did. He was considered a top3 tackle prospect, but now everyone is awe'd by his measurables. He definitely made some money.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Cannon blew me away with the way that he moved. I would look at him as a real option for,

Chicago [29] Mike Tice loves monstrous OLmen and he could play LG or RG.

Pittsburgh [31] They love monsters on the OL and Cannon has the athletic ability to pull.

Comment

I think I'm in the minority here but I kinda hold Smith not competing in the drills against him. I realize he has a 'knee injury' but he got that scoped 2 months ago, if he isn't 100%, he's gotta be a REALLY slow healer. Orlando Franklin got it done a week after Smith and was out there competing just fine today.

Really makes me question whether he just packed on weight for the sake of acing the size test and therefore wasn't ready for all the drills as a result.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
            I think I'm in the minority here but I kinda hold Smith not competing in the drills against him. I realize he has a 'knee injury' but he got that scoped 2 months ago, if he isn't 100%, he's gotta be a REALLY slow healer. Orlando Franklin got it done a week after Smith and was out there competing just fine today.

Really makes me question whether he just packed on weight for the sake of acing the size test and therefore wasn't ready for all the drills as a result.
            I think that Orlando Franklin may not have made a ton of money, but I think he solidified himself as a 3rd round pick and may be a late 2nd round pick.

I wish he moved better laterally he looks like a LG type, John Jerry type.

Comment

I think Derek Sherrod with ideal size and arm length has done himself some good, i can see him as a late first round pick.

Mike Pouncey would be in my losing money category. Doesnt seem to wow in any area really but people automatically assume he's as good as his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
                I think that Orlando Franklin may not have made a ton of money, but I think he solidified himself as a 3rd round pick and may be a late 2nd round pick.

I wish he moved better laterally he looks like a LG type, John Jerry type.
                Looks choppy to me.
                Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  I think Derek Sherrod with ideal size and arm length has done himself some good, i can see him as a late first round pick.

Mike Pouncey would be in my losing money category. Doesnt seem to wow in any area really but people automatically assume he's as good as his brother.
                  Not at all IMO. The guy looks smooth and natural.
                  Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                    Not at all IMO. The guy looks smooth and natural.
                    Who, Pouncey? I thought he looked awful in the mirror drill and just decent otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Although he didn't work out, Ben Ijalana's 36 inch arms made him some money.
                      I don't know if it made him money so much as it stopped him from losing money because of his height

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                        Who, Pouncey? I thought he looked awful in the mirror drill and just decent otherwise.
                        I would not go as far as to say that Pouncey looked awful.

I think guys like Pouncey and Sherrod looked like what they are, solid but unspectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                          I don't know if it made him money so much as it stopped him from losing money because of his height
                          I agree the 36" arms will allow someone to draft his as a LG and try him at LT.

29-45 is where I see him going.

Comment

Marcus Cannon vs Shawn Andrews Combine Stats

Height

Cannon 6'5"
                            Andrews 6'4"

Weight

Cannon 358lbs.
                            Andrews 366lbs.

40 Yard Dash

Cannon 5.26
                            Andrews 5.49

10 Yard Split

Cannon 1.78
                            Andrews 1.92

Bench Press

Cannon 33
                            Andrews 27

Vertical

Cannon 30.5"
                            Andrews 25"

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                              Shortish arms and doesnt seem to want to show what he's got (Senior Bowl and combine), might look a little more attractive in the second round but wouldnt touch him in the first.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information