• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray, Saine or Scott Before Ingram?

DeMarco Murray( 6 foot, 213#) - 4.38.
    Brandon Saine(5'11, 220#) - 4.44.
    Da'Rel Scott(5'11, 211#) - 4.35.

Mark Ingram(5'9, 215#) - 4.58.

NFL teams don't care one bit that Ingram won a Heisman or a NC. Ingram has the instincts, feet, size and intangibles, but he doesn't have that 2nd gear and he was injured last season.

Would anyone be surprised to one or more of the above RBs drafted before Ingram??

I think there's a great chance that DeMarco is the first RB taken.
    Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 02-28-2011, 03:09 PM.

Give me LeShoure before any of them.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I dont see a compelling reason why there has to be any first round RBs.
      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Not one of those runners will go before Ingram, I don't see it happening at all.

THe only one who I would even possibly think about taking would be Murray, but his lingering knee injuries scare me away very easily.

The only reason Chris Johnson skyrocketed was because he ran a 4.24. It's possible that if either one of those three ran somewhere in the low 4.2s that they would skyrocket, but Ingram is honestly one of the better running backs to come around since AD if you ask me.

Not one of these runners run with more determination, vision or center of gravity than Ingram. Granted he had a solid O-line in front of him, but he can cut on a dime and is a good receiver as well.

1% chance of happening, if that.

Da'Rel Scott lacks vision and is also injury prone.

Brandon Saine, although is a tremendous receiver out of the backfield will never be a full-time, "carry the load" type back.

Comment

Well if Mark Ingram isn't the first running back off the board, then Mikel LeShoure is going to be. None of the three guys you mentioned have any chance of being drafted before Mark Ingram. Murray and Scott were known to be fast, but have major durability/injury concerns. Brandon Saine was also known to be fast, he just isn't very good. Even after the combine, Saine is only a late round pick. Ingram's official 40 time was 4.62 (reported by multiple sources). His 10-yard split looked pretty good, so that should still keep him in the late-1st round mix. I think both Ingram and LeShoure will go off the board in the late-1st or early-2nd, in some order.

Comment

Murray reminds me a little of Jerious Norwood. Really fast, but can he stay on the field.

Comment

Anyone who drafts Brandon Saine in the same round as Ingram should be fired the night it happens

Comment

No lol. Ingram = fastest 10 yard split of any RB.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Is there a chance that Ingram isn't the first back taken? It's unlikely but yes. But he sure as hell won't get jumped by the two most injury prone backs in the draft or a below average college player in Brandon Saine. Not happening. Murray would be the only one of the three but its a very, very slight chance.

Comment

Is this a serious question? These guys have nothing on Ingram except that 40 time.

Comment

I'm a big DeMarco Murray fan but I don't think he goes before the mid 2nd. He's got serious injury issues but I love his versatility. You can motion him into the slot and he moves like a WR there, he's fantastic catching the ball. Really versatile weapon who I think is going to be a very good player if he ends up somewhere like Green Bay or possibly even New England. Of the three you listed, I would assume he would be the only one who could pass Ingram, but LeShoure is the guy I'd put my money on if I was going to guess someone going before. That said, I think Ingram as the first RB off the board is one of the larger guarantees in this draft.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Funbuncher, are you secretly Al Davis? DeMarrco Murray is the only one of those three that is even close to being in Ingram's league. I guess you think somebody should draft Dontay Moch to play running back before considering Mark Ingram.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                        Bortlezzzzzzz
                        Originally posted by Monomach
                        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                          Funbuncher, are you secretly Al Davis? DeMarrco Murray is the only one of those three that is even close to being in Ingram's league. I guess you think somebody should draft Dontay Moch to play running back before considering Mark Ingram.
                          Ingram had a down season last year, and I can imagine NFL teams are underrating what kind of player he is and can be at the next level.

Demarco had a really solid year for him, I think 1200 yards and double digit TDs, so I could see him rising in the minds of some, with his size and ideal speed.

Since teams nowadays aren't really looking to draft a true feature back, and instead prefer a guy who fits their rotation at RB, maybe speed trumps overall RB talent in one player, like Ingram.

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                            I dont see a compelling reason why there has to be any first round RBs.
                            They are all about the same. None should be picked in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandRaider56 View Post
                              Is this a serious question? These guys have nothing on Ingram except that 40 time.
                              This. Even the Raider fan understands this.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information