Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-L View Post
    I actually think both Browns are going to go before Aaron Williams, who was the most highly touted of the three originally. I'm thinking late 1st or early 2nd for Curtis, 2nd or early 3rd round for Chykie, and 3rd round for Aaron Williams. The poor combine is going to cause Aaron Williams to drop and I'd argue that both Curtis and Chykie have higher upside.

I personally still like Aaron Williams in the 2nd round range, but I've been saying since September I like Chykie Brown more then all 3 even if he's drafted the latest even when people were calling me crazy. Chykie has the highest ceiling and most pro tools to work with and if anyone emerges as a stud out of the group it'll be him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      I personally still like Aaron Williams in the 2nd round range, but I've been saying since September I like Chykie Brown more then all 3 even if he's drafted the latest even when people were calling me crazy. Chykie has the highest ceiling and most pro tools to work with and if anyone emerges as a stud out of the group it'll be him.
      chykie is kinda stiff in the hips and he is already 24 y/o
      my quick smells like french toast

Comment

Days old, but......

Pegged as a second- or third-round pick in the NFL draft, University of Texas cornerback Curtis Brown has attracted less attention than that of his teammate Aaron Williams, but we do have an update on which teams are doing their due diligence on him.

According to what a source has told Adam Caplan of Fox Sports, Brown has visits scheduled with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots, and is expected to have a visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers as well. There are likely other teams interested, though no official reports yet in that regard.
        --------------------------------------------------

I hope that the Texans take a look at Curtis as well.

Comment

I think he's going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
            Days old, but......

Pegged as a second- or third-round pick in the NFL draft, University of Texas cornerback Curtis Brown has attracted less attention than that of his teammate Aaron Williams, but we do have an update on which teams are doing their due diligence on him.

According to what a source has told Adam Caplan of Fox Sports, Brown has visits scheduled with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots, and is expected to have a visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers as well. There are likely other teams interested, though no official reports yet in that regard.
            --------------------------------------------------

I hope that the Texans take a look at Curtis as well.
            I wonder if they have Curtis and Chykie confused b/c these are the same
            teams Chykie has workouts with. So I don't know if they mean Cu or Ch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hines View Post
              I think he's going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. Just a hunch.
              He's not my favorite CB prospect. I'd rather have Brandon Burton or Curtis Marsh later. The Steelers just need an upgrade at slot CB. William ***, Anthony Madison and Keenan Lewis are all just warm bodies. None, and I mean NONE, have any coverage ability or awareness. The only redeeming quality about Lewis and Madison is they're special team demons. *** should have been cut 2 years ago.
              "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

Curtis -> Can't see Detroit passing him up in the second unless they somehow get Amukamara in the first.
                "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

I personally have him as a mid-high second rounder at the moment and actually think that all 3 Texas CBs will be taken in the first two rounds. Not as good a college player as Aaron Williams and doesn't have the upside that Chykie Brown does but could well develop into a solid player in the NFL.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Chykie Brown is my favorite of the three. I guess we'll see where they end up. Williams would be a damn good safety, given a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by ellsy82 View Post
                      Chykie Brown is my favorite of the three. I guess we'll see where they end up. Williams would be a damn good safety, given a couple years.
                      Chykie has definitely the most potential of the three but is by far the rawest as well. I want to see Williams get a chance to play CB in a defense that fits his abilities. He shouldn't be a guy who plays with an 8 yard cushion and tries to turn and run with the Desean Jacksons of the NFL. However put him in press coverage and allow him to cover bigger WRs and he could be a success. If he fails, as you said he would make a fine safety

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information