Someone in Top 10 is Going to Fall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone in Top 10 is Going to Fall

... and the Titans may be the beneficiaries.

Here are the top picks in most mocks at this point:

Peterson
    Fairley
    Dareus
    Bowers
    Miller
    Green

Of those six players, at least one will fall to Tennessee at #8.

For two reasons:

#1 - At least one QB will be selected in the top 7, especially considering the fact that 1,3,4,5 and 7 all could use QBs.

#2 - Someone always rushes up the draft boards right before the draft (most recent examples - Tyson Jackson and Trent Williams). Candidates this year include J.J. Watt, Julio Jones, and Prince Amukamara (especially if Peterson goes real high).

So of this group of the top non-QB prospects in the draft, which player is most likely to fall to Tennesse at #8 (or perhaps even farther)?

-Fairley was outperformed at the combine, has some question marks, and only played at like a top pick for one season - but boy was he special this year.

-Dareus didn't always play up to his potential but athletically he's incredible and he has shown that he can be truly dominant.

-Miller seems like a slam-dunk at #5 and it's tough to think CLE AND SF would pass on him if ARZ did.

-Peterson looks like the perfect prospect - but DBs don't usually go top-5. Still, even if he dropped to 7, he's perfect for San Francisco.

-Green could slip some due to the perception more than anything else. Some draftniks feel he's the top player in the draft but I'm not sure he's viewed as really THAT special by NFL teams.

-Bowers is the guy I usually have falling to #8 in my mock but that's probably me being guilty of out-of-sight-out-of-mind. Although, the "college sacks" angle is one that I noticed this season. Regardless, that type of athleticism/size/production usually doesn't fall to #8.

Who do you think falls? It's possible these guys go 1-6, but that type of chalk never happens in the NFL draft!
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Who do you think falls?
    Miller, because he's overrated.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Hopefully Patrick Peterson to number 8.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that if PP falls to #6 Dallas will be on the phone. San Fran and others will shed tears as the Ravens did last year when we scooped Dez.

Comment

I guarantee that one of the top 10 prospects will be available at #8.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
            My thoughts exactly.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

The big dude from Auburn is going to drop like a rock. Fairley

Comment

Is that anything like 3 kids from 4 women?

Comment

Why no mention of Quinn? He's supposed to be in contention for the #1 pick according to a few sources, and if not for missing a season very well could have. I'd give him some mention, because he's a guy who could fall also if teams are afraid of him missing football.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Why no mention of Quinn? He's supposed to be in contention for the #1 pick according to a few sources, and if not for missing a season very well could have. I'd give him some mention, because he's a guy who could fall also if teams are afraid of him missing football.
                    This exactly, If i was a Gm it might be a little heard for me to commit so much to a guy that didn't play this year.

Comment

There's no such thing as 'the top 10' until the picks have actually been made. Perhaps you meant "My top 10" or "Scott's top 10" or "Halsey's top 10". The wise choice would be mine. It's the bestest.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        There's no such thing as 'the top 10' until the picks have actually been made. Perhaps you meant "My top 10" or "Scott's top 10" or "Halsey's top 10". The wise choice would be mine. It's the bestest.
                        But regardless, whoever the ten best players to come out of this draft will be, the team who drafts #8 will have the opportunity to draft one of them. To suggest otherwise is silly.

Comment

are you sure? There aren't that many top 10 prospects this year. I'm not sure if there will be one available at pick #8...
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            are you sure? There aren't that many top 10 prospects this year. I'm not sure if there will be one available at pick #8...
                            I'm entirely convinced that there are as many as ten top 10 prospects this year. Probably not more, but definitely not less.

Comment

I'm entirely convinced that there are as many as ten top 10 prospects this year. Probably not more, but definitely not less.
                              I would argue there are about 16 blue chip prospects not just the top 6 or 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information