Orlando Franklin [Miami] Climbing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Franklin [Miami] Climbing?

Is Orlando Franklin a player that is climbing draft boards?

At 6'6" 316lbs. with 35" arms and 26 [225], 5.2 [40], 28.5" Vertical he has everything you look for as a top OG prospect.

He looked out of place at LT for the Hurricanes, but could he be a 2nd round OG prospect?

Last edited by JohnCandy; 03-02-2011, 06:26 PM.

You are right on, he is a decent OG prospect. How high he goes is questionable. Probably round 3 or 4 where most OG's get picked. I don't think he is special enough to go in round 2.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      You are right on, he is a decent OG prospect. How high he goes is questionable. Probably round 3 or 4 where most OG's get picked. I don't think he is special enough to go in round 2.
      With the physical make up and the fact that he has extensive experience at LT could make him a 2nd round pick.

Apparently his junior tape at LG is incredibly impressive and he was not as impressive at LT.

Comment

Who is a better prospect between him and John Jerry from last year?

or

Franklin and Vlad Ducasse?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
          Who is a better prospect between him and John Jerry from last year?

or

Franklin and Vlad Ducasse?
          In terms of pure guards, John Jerry wins out.

But id rank him on par with Ducasse from last year as a OG/RT type prospect.

Comment

Looks pretty damn good at LG, pretty average at tackle.

Comment

So you guys think he is strictly an OG prospect, not even RT?
              bow ties are

Comment

Originally posted by TimmG6376 View Post
                Watch the second video of that playlist i just posted, he plays some RT there...not the biggest sample of plays to look at, but he didnt look too good in them.

Comment

I thought he actually surpassed expectations for the Canes at Tackle at the beginning of the season before he caught the injury bug. I think he can play RT in the NFL and some team is gonna get a steal if he falls to the 3rd.
                  Last edited by TheFinisher; 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM.
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Last Sunday the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had a draft preview where they compiled quotes from 6 different NFL team scouts. Several said that they thought that this guy was a better prospect than Carimi and Castanozo. His drawbacks were that he is not consistant or smart. But they thought he had all the tools, and great upside.

Comment

These are from a piece Bob McGinn does every year on the draft for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

O Franklin-" I think he's better than Castonzo." another scout said "top 50 or 60 player, better than Carimi, more physical and athletic.

Comment

Watch this highlight tape, and I know it is highlight tape, of him playing OG. This is some physical tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLXxk9cUtqA

Comment

Originally posted by TimmG6376 View Post
                          He showed in the post season that he doesn't have the feet to play OT in the NFL. He is strictly an OG at the next level and isn't rated among the top OG's either.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            He showed in the post season that he doesn't have the feet to play OT in the NFL. He is strictly an OG at the next level and isn't rated among the top OG's either.
                            You seem to be the only person that is down on him?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
                              You seem to be the only person that is down on him?
                              Im not down on him at all, i think he will be a great player...but more than likely at guard. He could beast at RT too, im just not completely sold on that yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information