Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newton did well at his pro day? BIG SURPRISE

I told you guys, they are meaningless. He sucked at the combine because he didn't have time to rehearse all the throws properly. He's probably been practicing those 60 passes he made 1000s of times a day since

This is why everyone who said Gabbert should've changed his mind and thrown at the combine had no idea what they were talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
      Newton did well at his pro day? BIG SURPRISE

I told you guys, they are meaningless. He sucked at the combine because he didn't have time to rehearse all the throws properly. He's probably been practicing those 60 passes he made 1000s of times a day since

This is why everyone who said Gabbert should've changed his mind and thrown at the combine had no idea what they were talking about
      My position on Gabbert is you throw and let the chips fall where they may, show some balls. In the end he might of made a wise choice but i respect the guys that put it on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
        Newton did well at his pro day? BIG SURPRISE

Gee, I thought all the great QB's spend hours working with their receivers running patterns till they perfect them. But I guess you can tell more about him when he works with WR's who he hasn't a clue about, and no knowledge of their speed.
        Gee, according to you he has been practicing hard to perfect his throws to receivers he knows till he gets them perfect, hardly a reason to suspect he might have a work ethic to be a great pro????
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• lol nice spin there man. are you the Canadian Bill OReilly?

I'm not talking about Cam Newton or any quarterback in specific really. This is more of a general thing. If you've been prepping for drills (which you absolutely should - if you don't, it's a huge red flag) you're ALWAYS going to look good doing them at your combine, pro day, whatever.

There is absolutely zero reason to change your mind days before the combine on whether you are going to throw, work out, whatever. The only time I can remember a last second decision like that working out for someone is when Calvin Johnson ran the 40

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
            Gee, I thought all the great QB's spend hours working with their receivers running patterns till they perfect them. But I guess you can tell more about him when he works with WR's who he hasn't a clue about, and no knowledge of their speed.
            Gee, according to you he has been practicing hard to perfect his throws to receivers he knows till he gets them perfect, hardly a reason to suspect he might have a work ethic to be a great pro????
            So not only is Cam Newton somehow a better competitor because he was willing to put up with... 14 mph winds.

Now, his pro day is somehow evidence that he is a hard worker. Except that he only completed 50/60 passes, so... does that mean he's lazy? He'd be a harder worker if he completed 59/60, right?

Comment

• [QUOTE=SchizophrenicBatman;2548593]lol nice spin there man. are you the Canadian Bill OReilly?

I'm not talking about Cam Newton or any quarterback in specific really. This is more of a general thing. If you've been prepping for drills (which you absolutely should - if you don't, it's a huge red flag) you're ALWAYS going to look good doing them at your combine, pro day, whatever.

That's where I think you are wrong. A weak armed QB cannot hide his weak arm in a pro day drill, nor can he hide slow feet, or accuracy. After they finish their practiced drills, the GM's and scouts often ask a prospect to go through a few drills which relate to their team's offense. it is a very common practice, and when the prospect goes for a private workout later on, the teams design the drills.
              The only thing hidden in a drill is the player motivation to be great, his ability to read defenses, his pocket presence and other intangibles. These areas cannot be determined at a pro day.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

• McShay tweeted Mark Ingram ran a 4.43 today. Also saw 4.47-4.53 and 4.50 to 4.56 (according to SI).

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Did Nate Irving do his Pro Day yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    But what about Fairley? He's the Auburn guy who most needed to improve his stock in the Pro Day after apparently horrible Combine interviews
                    He looked really, really good. He was up to 297 and looked really, really agile and had tremendous footwork.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                      McShay tweeted Mark Ingram ran a 4.43 today. Also saw 4.47-4.53 and 4.50 to 4.56 (according to SI).
                      Do they run the 35 yd dash down there? that time is nuts and quite a change from the combine where he was around a high 4.5. Probably gets him squarely in the first round but dont see it being in the first 16 picks or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        Do they run the 35 yd dash down there? that time is nuts and quite a change from the combine where he was around a high 4.5. Probably gets him squarely in the first round but dont see it being in the first 16 picks or so.
                        4.47-4.53 is exactly the range he was expected to run in Indy. It is possible he had a bad run at the combine or could of improved his speed slightly since it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Did Nate Irving do his Pro Day yet?
                          HEY!!!! You leave him alone, buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            HEY!!!! You leave him alone, buddy!
                            You have enough linebackers!

Spread the wealth! Or trade us Timmons for our 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              You have enough linebackers!

Spread the wealth! Or trade us Timmons for our 1st.
                              We will trade you Timmons for your first, Terrell Thomas, Corey Webster, and Kenny Phillips!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                4.47-4.53 is exactly the range he was expected to run in Indy. It is possible he had a bad run at the combine or could of improved his speed slightly since it.
                                I think those times do him good, looking at the places he could end up it's hard to slot him. It could be someone like a New England, Indy or Green Bay even.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information