Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
    He was only 160 because he was recovering from an injury.
    How does that work?

Comment

• Nate Solder back down to 307lbs.

Wrong way Nate you needed to be 325-330lbs at your Pro Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        He averaged 15.42 yards per catch and led Wisconsin in receiving. I'll take a "slow" tight end like that.
        Beating Big-10 DBs is not quite like beating NFL types, you can have him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          Brooks Reed is turning into my favorite underrated OLB prospect. There's a few pro bowls in that young man's future IMO.

What round/range of picks will he be drafted???
          Top 40 pick.

Comment

• To be fair though regarding Cam Newton's pro-day, I don't think anyone would say its bad.

Teams that thought he did good are going to say the workout went well.

Teams that thought it was bad are going to say the workout was amazing. It doesn't benefit them at all from saying he had a bad workout. Build him up, let some other team take him, and one more prospect will fall to your pick.

There really is no incentive to say someone had a bad pro-day workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              Top 40 pick.
              I agree. I can't see the Cardinals passing on him in the second if they don't get their hands on an OLB in the first.
              "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

• Originally posted by ellsy82 View Post
                I agree. I can't see the Cardinals passing on him in the second if they don't get their hands on an OLB in the first.
                I'd be shocked to see him get by the Packers at 32. Really shocked (and sad!)

He fits the Packers scheme and he's the type of character guy we like. That said, I think he might end up going earlier then even 32.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Anyone know how Ryan Hill did at the U Pro Day yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                    Anyone know how Ryan Hill did at the U Pro Day yesterday?
                    I thought I read it got rained out and has to be rescheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                      Anyone know how Ryan Hill did at the U Pro Day yesterday?
                      Originally posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
                      I thought I read it got rained out and has to be rescheduled.
                      http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/10/rain...e-rescheduled/

Miami (Fla.) pro day was abbreviated on Thursday because of weather and will be rescheduled for March 25, the school’s website has announced.

Several players had already begun workouts before heavy rains and lightning forced the event to be cut short. The school’s website reports it is expected that players will have an opportunity to participate in any drills they had not already finished.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                      The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                      Newton
                      South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                      Barely literate +5 swagger
                      Thief +15 swagger
                      Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                      Big, average speed -3 swagger
                      Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                      Total Swagger: 62
                      ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        How does that work?
                        not sure if it was injury or not but heres a recent article on his workouts now with Duke Rousse (trained dez last year) and his weight gain leading up to the combine.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...lls_for_n.html

"Also, some NFL personnel were surprised to find out that Devine, 5 feet 7, weighed only 160 pounds at the Senior Bowl.

Since then, Devine has gained 16 pounds, pushing his weight to 176, just four pounds shy of his ideal playing weight.

"I have to show that I can put on the weight that they want to see me at and that I need to be at," Devine said. "I at least thought I was going to weigh 170. I haven't been 160 since high school. It was a shocker for me. But I took it as a positive that I have to work harder."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                          He looked really, really good. He was up to 297 and looked really, really agile and had tremendous footwork.
                          If Elway was there repping Denver checking Fairley out expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on him.

While they arent in love with Tebow they have enough time/$/effort invested by this time to wave their magic Bronco wand & transform him into A Keeper. They were there to chk out Fairley for their d-line which sucked balls last yr after Evil Elvis Dumervil went down early.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            If Elway was there repping Denver checking Fairley out expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on him.

While they arent in love with Tebow they have enough time/$/effort invested by this time to wave their magic Bronco wand & transform him into A Keeper. They were there to chk out Fairley for their d-line which sucked balls last yr after Evil Elvis Dumervil went down early.
                            If they've got Orton as the starter and a solid backup to groom in Tebow, why is anyone even considering Denver taking a QB early? Got to agree with you. Out of curiousity, is it official that Denver is switching back to a 4-3? Does anyone have a link?
                            "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

• Originally posted by ellsy82 View Post
                              If they've got Orton as the starter and a solid backup to groom in Tebow, why is anyone even considering Denver taking a QB early? Got to agree with you. Out of curiousity, is it official that Denver is switching back to a 4-3? Does anyone have a link?
                              http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...Williams-NOTES

Comment

• Ah yes. Fox and his 4-3. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information