No announcement yet.

Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word on the street is that Andy Dalton had an awesome proday. JaxJag_1 may be correct then!
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Ahmad Black ran a 4.74 and 4.76 at Florida's pro day per Rob Rang

Comment

• http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...personnel.html

Don't worry guys, you will get to watch Captain America work out twice before draft day comes.

Comment

• Wow

Mount Union wide receiver Cecil Shorts ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 and 4.41 seconds today at his Pro Day workout on a wet artificial turf, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.
          really helped himself after a solid combine.

Originally posted by borg9
          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
            Wow

really helped himself after a solid combine.
            They had him at 4.59 at the combine so i'm not sure what these pro day times really mean, guess it might make sense to average the two to get a real gauge.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
              Ahmad Black ran a 4.74 and 4.76 at Florida's pro day per Rob Rang
              Goodbye draft stock.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Goodbye draft stock.
                They all seem slow with their times down there in Gainesville. Do they know how to measure out 40 yards?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  They all seem slow with their times down there in Gainesville. Do they know how to measure out 40 yards?.
                  Oddly enough, on NFLN they were talking about how Florida is considered a fast track. Though I have a hard time buying it considering its natural grass. Maybe it had the reputation back when almost everyone was on natural grass but not anymore. Ahmad Black and Brandon Spikes can attest to that.

Comment

• Black ran a 4.76 and 4.78, iirc, at the combine. I doubt his stock drops any further than it already has.

Comment

• Certainly didn't help himself one bit like some hoped he would though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm going to stick on the Ahmad Black train. He's not ever going to be great, but he can play.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not terribly down on him for his 40 times. He's a good football player even if he isn't fast. He's got great instincts, is a sure tackler and is always making plays. I'd still draft him late and give him a fair chance to win some playing time.

And did he look slow playing in the SEC? Was he having trouble keeping up? The speed in the SEC is going to be comparable to that of the NFL. Lots of fast receivers and big running backs, and he didn't look out of place at all.
                          Last edited by Caulibflower; 03-17-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Even college schemes can be designed to hide a player's weaknesses, and Ahmad Black is going to be exposed in the NFL if his top end speed is 4.7.

Who's he going to match up with one on one??

I'll admit I saw very little of UF last season, maybe three complete games, but I still say he can have the greatest anticipation and instincts in the world, if Black takes a fraction of a false step in coverage, 95% of the WRs in the NFL are going to dust him.

Laron Landry is 4 TENTHS OF A SECOND faster than Ahmad Black, and he's totally lost when he has to cover a WR more than 25 yards downfield.

Yeah football is all about 'real' game speed, not a stopwatch, but a DB running that slow is problematic.

Comment

• I just wanted to chime in here with some news and notes from the Stanford pro day today:

Stanford’s participants included: Chike Amajoyi, Chase Beeler, Ryan Whalen, Brian Bulcke, Siona Fua, Derek Hall, Owen Marecic, Andrew Phillips, Taylor Skaufel, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Konrad Reuland, Thomas Keiser, Nate Whitaker, Alex Loukas and Zach Nolan.

The day consisted of classroom testing, weight room evaluations, on-field agility drills and football specific position drills.
                              About some of the the 49ers staff on hand today
                              Among the coaches making the short drive up Highway 101 were defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, offensive coordinator Greg Roman, offensive line coach Tim Drevno and running backs coach Tom Rathman. Two 49ers scouts also were on hand Thursday.

-FB Owen Marecic

One scout had Marecic’s 40 time at 4.77. He also recorded a 32” vertical leap and 8’ 11” broad jump. Owen Marecic went through cone drills and then spent more than a half hour chatting with 49ers running backs coach Tom Rathman in a corner of the practice field.
                              -NT Sione Fua

Nose tackle Sione Fua rested on all of the numbers he produced at the combine save the broad jump and vertical jump. His broad jump improved from 8 feet 5 inches to 8-7 while his vertical went from 24 inches to 28 inches. That's not bad, especially considering his weight went from 308 pounds in late February to 311 pounds today.

Fua has one private workout set up thus far -- with the Jets.
                              -CB Richard Sherman

Sherman participated in drills at both cornerback and wide receiver, where he recorded 81 career receptions for 1,340 yards before transitioning to the secondary for the 2009 campaign.

He improved the 40 time he recorded at the Combine, clocking a 4.47 in today’s drills. he also had an impressive 11-foot broad jump and 37” vertical leap.
                              -OLB Thomas Keiser

Measured in at 6-3 3/8 inches and weighed 261 pounds. Keiser pulled a hamstring on his first attempt on the 40-yard dash; a make up date has not been set.
                              -WR Doug Baldwin

Baldwin, Stanford’s leading receiver last season with 58 receptions for 857 yards and nine touchdowns, turned in “dominating” performances in all agility and position drills. He was clocked at 4.45 in the 40 and recorded a 10’ 3” broad jump to go along with a 37” vertical leap.
                              -C Chase Beeler

Weighed in at 295 pounds and hoisted 225 pounds 33 times.
                              Here is a little highlight tape the athletic department threw together:

Sources:
                              http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...s-rathman.html
                              http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...031711aaa.html

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                Oddly enough, on NFLN they were talking about how Florida is considered a fast track. Though I have a hard time buying it considering its natural grass. Maybe it had the reputation back when almost everyone was on natural grass but not anymore. Ahmad Black and Brandon Spikes can attest to that.
                                I have been saying that for years now. Florida Pro Day times are notoriously slow (in comparison to other Pro Days - they usually match up with the combine numbers). I have no idea where the "fast track" business started. Like you said, it's a natural grass surface and always has been.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information