No announcement yet.

Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame about Keiser. I'm really interested in what he brings to the table.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
      Even college schemes can be designed to hide a player's weaknesses, and Ahmad Black is going to be exposed in the NFL if his top end speed is 4.7.

Who's he going to match up with one on one??

I'll admit I saw very little of UF last season, maybe three complete games, but I still say he can have the greatest anticipation and instincts in the world, if Black takes a fraction of a false step in coverage, 95% of the WRs in the NFL are going to dust him.

Laron Landry is 4 TENTHS OF A SECOND faster than Ahmad Black, and he's totally lost when he has to cover a WR more than 25 yards downfield.

Yeah football is all about 'real' game speed, not a stopwatch, but a DB running that slow is problematic.
      Really great points.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Davon House reportedly runs a 4.32.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter
        Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlinger View Post
          Davon House reportedly runs a 4.32.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...medium=twitter

WHOooee!!!

I'm a ***** for great 40 times!!!! Luv em!!.

Comment

WHOooee!!!

I'm a ***** for great 40 times!!!! Luv em!!.
            Aqib Talib - 4.44

Vontae Davis - 4.49

Johnathan Joseph - 4.32

Leon Hall - 4.38

Derrell Revis - 4.38 (6.56 3-cone!)

Devin McCourty - 4.48

Joe Haden - 4.57

Cortland Finnegan - 4.34 (Pro Day)

Brandon Flowers - 4.55

Nnamdi Asomugha - 4.45

Asante Samuel - 4.50

Charles Woodson - 4.44

Tramon Williams - 4.60

Antoine Winfield - 4.41

Brent Grimes - 4.57 (Pro Day)

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - 4.29

Just for a little perspective, some of the better cornerbacks in the league and the forties they had coming into the NFL. Sorry if any of those are wrong, I just posted the first seemingly-legitimately-sourced times I found for each.

Comment

• On an ankle he considered to only be about 80%, Noel Devine ran a 4.26 and a 4.38.

Comment

• Did Devine get weighed?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  On an ankle he considered to only be about 80%, Noel Devine ran a 4.26 and a 4.38.
                  I heard on NFL Network that it was a 4.43, anyway it confirms that Devine has quickness and the ability to run away from defenders.

Is he at least a solid 3rd round draft pick now??

Comment

I heard on NFL Network that it was a 4.43, anyway it confirms that Devine has quickness and the ability to run away from defenders.

No. He might be a solid 5th-round pick now.

Comment

Yeah, I read that on Roto too. I'd probably go with that, since I got those numbers from a WVU site.

Comment

• Ballard ran a 4.68 forty, 7.15 cone, 34" vert..at 286 lbs.

DJK ran a 4.5, 35" vert, 21 reps.

Clayborn had a 35" vert, 7.08 cone.

Iowa had a really good Pro-Day.

Comment

• I thought DJK wasn't invited to the Pro Day?

Also, I haven't been able to find anything on how Stanzi looked. Any info?

Either way, we have another one in a month so any guys that had a bad day can redeem. I don't imagine Ballard will retest.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                            Ballard ran a 4.68 forty, 7.15 cone, 34" vert..at 286 lbs.

DJK ran a 4.5, 35" vert, 21 reps.

Clayborn had a 35" vert, 7.08 cone.

Iowa had a really good Pro-Day.

I really wish DJK would have finished his career at Iowa in a better light because he is a phenomenal athlete and would be considered one of the top Senior WR's. Now he is looking at rounds 3-5 instead of 2-3. Teams will be getting a player with him as long as he can stay out of the doghouse.

Comment

• According to this article from National Football post, it says that DJK tested at a facility near the Iowa campus.

NEW ORLEANS -- Former Iowa wide receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 and 4.52 seconds today at his Pro Day workout near the Hawkeyes' campus, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder registered a 9-10 broad jump and a 34 1/2 inch vertical leap.

He bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times.

He had a 4.42 short shuttle, a 6.92 three-cone drill and an 11.92 60-yard shuttle.

Johnson-Kouilanos is the Hawkeyes' all-time leading wide receiver.

He wasn'tallowed to work out at Iowa anymore following a well-publicized drug arrest last year that got him suspended from the football team.

Ultimately, Johnson-Koulianos pleaded guilty to a simple possession of marijuana charge in a plea bargain deal. He received unsupervised probation and no jail time.

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider
                              http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...450-today.html

Comment

• DJK is going to make some team really, really happy in the later rounds. He isn't a homerun type WR, but he runs great routes, has very reliable hands, and is still quick enough to break away. Plus, he is a very good returner.

Sucks that his career ended on such a low note, but on the field he's a very solid possession WR.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information